Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Gaga as a rape victim

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

We can infer from the Sxsw and the Swinefest performance as well as the MTN video and some interviews that Gaga was raped or s-xually abused in some way. By the way I don't think her saying "this song is about rape" confirms that she actually was raped. The song could represent an exaggeration of her own experiences. Anyway, I was wondering about why Gaga never reported her perpetrator. If she went to the police we would have known about it by now right? Do you think she was afraid that reporting the people in the music industry would have marred and damaged her reputation? Maybe she was afraid or threatened that she would get dropped? (although she ended up getting dropped anyway) Maybe she was initially allowing the s-xual advances thinking this would further her career and then someone took it too far. If she reported this person then maybe the way she acted initially would have gotten out as well and she would be viewed as "screwing her way to the top"? 

It just seems very unGaga to let something like this slide and not defend herself, unless she did and we don't know about it, but I don't see how that would be possible. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neptune

We can infer from the Sxsw and the Swinefest performance as well as the MTN video and some interviews that Gaga was raped or s-xually abused in some way.

What on earth are you talking about

Well we knew she was like.. basically s-xually molested.. did what she didn't really want to.. could it not infer the same thing?

Luv u Sum

Remember during the summer she was hiding information that could ruin her career... Maybe this is what it is?

Well @ SXSW

on Swine: "This song is about rape"

Essence

It's not like reporting it would have helped substantially.

Rape culture is so incredibly prominent and it was likely she was in compromising situations in her attempt to move up in the music industry. And it's unlikely people would have helped her recover.

codymonster

Did you watch SXSW or the MTN video? :sweat: I'm confused at how you could be confused at what the OP is saying..

Clearly, Gaga has suffered some sort of s-xual abuse and we really don't know if she did report it or not? 

This topic is so important and relevant in discussing her recent work but I fear a lack of maturity will derail a thread like this.

Helix

A lot of rapes never get reported and if they ARE then many of the reported rapists don't even get jail time. And if they do, it might not be that long.

I think some people are worried that if they tell someone about it then the rapist may just find out and come after them. Some even blame the rape on THEMSELVES and can't bring themself to report it.

Maybe she was feeling something like that or maybe whoever did it, did threaten to damage her career. It does seem weird that someone like Gaga, who we know as strong and brave wouldn't report it, but maybe she did and decided to cover it up when she got Fame??

We can infer from the Sxsw and the Swinefest performance as well as the MTN video and some interviews that Gaga was raped or s-xually abused in some way. By the way I don't think her saying "this song is about rape" confirms that she actually was raped. The song could represent an exaggeration of her own experiences. Anyway, I was wondering about why Gaga never reported her perpetrator. If she went to the police we would have known about it by now right? Do you think she was afraid that reporting the people in the music industry would have marred and damaged her reputation? Maybe she was afraid or threatened that she would get dropped? (although she ended up getting dropped anyway) Maybe she was initially allowing the s-xual advances thinking this would further her career and then someone took it too far. If she reported this person then maybe the way she acted initially would have gotten out as well and she would be viewed as "screwing her way to the top"? 

It just seems very unGaga to let something like this slide and not defend herself, unless she did and we don't know about it, but I don't see how that would be possible. 

Did you watch SXSW or the MTN the night video? :sweat: I'm confused at how you could be confused at what the OP is saying..

What parts of MTN are about rape? I must have missed something.. :huh:

WheresTheDoggo

If she went to the police we would have known about it by now right? Do you think she was afraid that reporting the people in the music industry would have marred and damaged her reputation?

I think that could be part of that 'information' could possibly be something to do with it because it involves Rob and because it could "ruin her career" and "damage her personally"

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

Yeah, you can definitely infer.

But as a rape victim myself, i still have no desire to report him. Why? What good would it do? Also, it's hard to go to the cops with something like this. Maybe a part of her wants to forgive him-i know i do. rape culture is such a ridiculous thing, police probably don't take cases like this seriously...

Archived