Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

OFFICIAL: G.U.Y to impact radios April 8th

Gypsy Life

Featured Posts

HausOfNicole

You guys seriously have no idea how radio works. The official impact just means that when they'll start pushing it on radio. Most major stations will be playing it already and it really won't effect the charting. The wait is just a testing period to see how much work they need to put in and is an adding period.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is just an adds date and it happens to all singles

the song will start getting airplay from tomorrow, stop having meltdowns :awkney:

but the goal is to have one huge week where it can debut super high so it can get the promo from that and then it will be easily noticed by the public who will then keep it afloat...with no radio we'll only go if we are lucky to like 50-75, and then we will decrease...maybe radio will pick it up and we'll go to 30, but there will be nothing to put us in the top 10 unless everything is done at once

nick4bty

Oh my god guys, this doesn't mean anything. Radio can basically start playing it whenever it wants now

Gypsy Life

but the goal is to have one huge week where it can debut super high so it can get the promo from that and then it will be easily noticed by the public who will then keep it afloat...with no radio we'll only go if we are lucky to like 50-75, and then we will decrease...maybe radio will pick it up and we'll go to 30, but there will be nothing to put us in the top 10 unless everything is done at once

no that's not the goal. ALL post-album singles, and I mean ALL of them, are supposed to peak AT LEAST 2 months after their release, even if the video is released 2 months earlier, which is the case with ALL singles too.

codymonster

I don't get how the this works, so I won't criticize, but this seems bizarre :awkney:

Does anyone know if there will be any opportunities for GUY to be performed on certain shows or will we just have to wait for the Roseland dates?

Calm down. Radios can start playing it whenever they want. It will start getting airplay before that.

Gypsy Life

Here's an example of a song having the same adds date as G.U.Y:

LORDE Glory And Gore: 1.023

It DOES have airplay. April 8th is just a date, nothing more, nothing less. It has no impact on stations.

Archived