Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Who should open for the UK leg?

hughdancy

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benjamin Monk

I would love Marina to open for her or even Ellie IMO she still isn't big enough to have outgrown being an opener for gaga

Since when is UK considered as an own leg? :huh:

Doesn't it belong to the European leg?

Loads of artists do an extensive UK leg separate or in comparison at least to their more sparse mainland Europe dates, see Katy Perry or Kylie Minogue's dates for example (or Gaga's for the monster ball)

RAMROD

CHI CHI obviously!!

Inb4 Little Mix.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Melech

Loads of artists do an extensive UK leg separate or in comparison at least to their more sparse mainland Europe dates, see Katy Perry or Kylie Minogue's dates for example (or Gaga's for the monster ball)

But why :emma:

hughdancy

But why :emma:

The US, the UK and Japan are the biggest media consumers in the world. Those are the countries where the most media is sold, so it makes sense for the artists to have more shows there.

Melech

The US, the UK and Japan are the biggest media consumers in the world. Those are the countries where the most media is sold, so it makes sense for the artists to have more shows there.

Germany/France and UK are nearly on the same level and we still don't get an extra leg? :huh:

hughdancy

Germany/France and UK are nearly on the same level and we still don't get an extra leg? :huh:

I doubt ARTPOP sold as many copies there as in the UK. Do you have any statistics to back up your argument? Afaik, most media sells much more in the UK than other places in Europe. :)

Melech

I doubt ARTPOP sold as many copies there as in the UK. Do you have any statistics to back up your argument? Afaik, most media sells much more in the UK than other places in Europe. :)

UK and Germany are replacing each other all the time biggest media seller. 

In 2011 for example were germany 3rd in the world :p 

hughdancy

UK and Germany are replacing each other all the time biggest media seller. 

In 2011 for example were germany 3rd in the world :P

Oh... interesting :P

Yep. So I don't really understand why UK should get an own leg :shrug:

You could disregard anything regarding the size of the music industries (which doesn't really account for live music attendances anyway and the uk is still slightly ahead of Germany [according to 2012 ifpi data] and quite a bit ahead of france) and look at it from the prospective that the uk and us have a similar musical culture, with a lot of crossover in the charts - since the major touring artists all sing in the english language. (this bit doesn't really fit in thematically or grammatically to what I said so idek why I mentioned it)

Archived