Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

G.U.Y. officially confirmed as 3rd single from 'ARTPOP'!

Star

Featured Posts

I really wanted Venus :noparty: Oh well, I like G.U.Y. as well, but Venus just would've been awesome! G.U.Y. is great and sounds a lot more fresh for people and it HOPEFULLY won't be a flop

We don't know yet. It could still be a trilogy, including Temple :giveup:

Or this whole thing is a cover up and really it's a new songs :giveup:

Maybe she played GUY and Venus on the set intentionally so that we wouldn't know that it's Act II songs :giveup:

REACH FOR THE STARS!!! :giveup:

Edited by Sleepy

djBuffoon

It didn't take long for her to get over her creative rebellion did it? F.u.c.k. pop music, now here is my new radio fodder single called G.U.Y.

I guess that is what you get when you are a Gaga fan. One week your stanning for a vomit covered punk rocker who is denouncing the charts, the next week your left scratching your head while she goes on day time TV to promote the release of the most basic and predictable song off her record. 

I thought she was going to throw us a curve ball, so I'm a little bummed. But a new Gaga video is always a reason to celebrate!

Basic and predictable? When compared to nearly everything that I hear on top 40? No, I don't think so. The song sounds and feels like something only Gaga could come up with, and there are plenty of signature touches to it that set it apart imho.

HausOfNicole

Let's not forget that GUY has possibly the weakest chorus in her entire discography. The rest of the song slays me so hard though :nooo:

I don't think it's weak, I think it's instantly catchy. I've played the whole album for friends that don't even like her like that and GUY, Sexx Dreams, MANiCURE, and Gypsy are typically songs that people remember and like.

seana39223

Maybe she played GUY and Venus on the set intentionally so that we wouldn't know that it's Act III songs :giveup:

Act III wow that really would be far ahead.

Whispering

I'm only disappointed because I thought her week in Austin was ushering in a new era of Gaga giving the finger to the pop music world. I was just reading to much into what she was saying.

"No one is going to remember you for what you ****ing tweet" A week later she decides to release a single that features her begging for re-tweets in the pre-chorus.  :lolgaga:

You thought she was going to turn her back on the pop music world that she has been involved with for six years now because of one week at a music festival and a single one-off performance?

Artists are inspired in different ways and they take those inspirations and put them into their current work. Not once, did Gaga say she was changing musical directions and/or abandoning everything about her current album vision, during this past week.

Also, you took one line out of an entire speech, about living in the moment vs. being addicted to social media, and applied it to a situation that had nothing to do with what Gaga was talking about at the time.

What exactly did you think she was going to do? Quit her record label, go underground and make rock music now? :eek:

Lion Heart

OMG YES 

Xb8Vgnn.gif

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SKANK

Basic and predictable? When compared to nearly everything that I hear on top 40? No, I don't think so. The song sounds and feels like something only Gaga could come up with, and there are plenty of signature touches to it that set it apart imho.

Listen, if she wants a massive hit then I think G.U.Y. is the way to go. I'm fine with G.U.Y. being a single because I honestly don't care about singles, but if you can't admit that G.U.Y. was the most predicable and safest choice as the next single then I think your being dishonest. 

Whispering

Listen, if she wants a massive hit then I think G.U.Y. is the way to go. I'm fine with G.U.Y. being a single because I honestly don't care about singles, but if you can't admit that G.U.Y. was the most predicable and safest choice as the next single then I think your being dishonest. 

No way...Gypsy by far! Then MANiCURE.

G.U.Y. has several aspects that make it a less than "safe" choice for Top 40 and especially for HAC and AC.

SKANK

No way...Gypsy by far! Then MANiCURE.

G.U.Y. has several aspects that make it a less than "safe" choice for Top 40 and especially for HAC and AC.

Would you like to list them?

Besides the song being very obviously structured to be a Pop song (aside from the intro) I don't believe the song is generic :huh:

It's actually one of the smartest, most clever songs off the album in my own opinion (wanting to be in control like a Guy while wanting to be under her man-Girl Under You= G.U.Y....just to begin with)

DrewStevens

Gypsy is the most predicable and safest choice.

She doesn't need to have a flop single to prove that she is not a product.