Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

G.U.Y. officially confirmed as 3rd single from 'ARTPOP'!

Star

Featured Posts

BigDreamer

Charting and reception is so unpredictable especially with Gaga. 

Im just glad that ARTPOP is finally moving again.

Im hoping for an impressive video that gets people talking about her for her shock factor in a good way again. The whole puke thing at sxsw did what it was meant to do but it left alot of fans and non fans alike a little disgusted. 

If you aren't happy about the song chosen for the single then atleast try to celebrate the fact that atleast she is coming back after the mess with DWUW with a serious game plan....i hope  :giggle:

So excited it's confirmed!!

I couldn't give a **** about the charts, any song off ARTPOP could have a video and I'd be happy.

BUT...what about the behind the scenes of the video we saw/heard Venus???

Edited by TMC

lairofhk

It didn't take long for her to get over her creative rebellion did it? F.u.c.k. pop music, now here is my new radio fodder single called G.U.Y.

I guess that is what you get when you are a Gaga fan. One week your stanning for a vomit covered punk rocker who is denouncing the charts, the next week your left scratching your head while she goes on day time TV to promote the release of the most basic and predictable song off her record. 

I thought she was going to throw us a curve ball, so I'm a little bummed. But a new Gaga video is always a reason to celebrate!

Rorschach

Ugh, made up my mind and im not happy about it. GUY is just so bland and boring in comparison to Venus. Venus is the only true hit on the album, it should've received the lead single treatment but it was too late.

All of this.

Is the statement in bold(hit) not a bit contradictory to the post you're agreeing with? As the reason you want Venus is the same reason Gaga probably picked G.U.Y- hit :awkney: Which is kinda the antithesis of what the post you agreed with is about, as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy if she picked Dope or JnD, which would have been the ultimate creative rebellion let's be honest.

Edited by Rorschach

GagaMyBlood95

This only makes me sad because Venus has better video potential no doubt in my mind about that.

Oh well.. New video is new video, though i expect it wont be 15 ish minutes any more, at most like 5 or 6 :P

#DeadDreamsofTrilogies

G.U.Y had the most amazing chorus when i heard the snippet. Ive over played it

Don't expect that! It was filmed in Hearst Castle which has many many different sections, so I think we can expect something like 7-8 minutes at least with some story line of course...

RabbitHeart

I'm here for this  :party: I personally think G.U.Y. is better for radio and a better single choice. She is still a commercial artist after all. G.U.Y. is great because it isn't too strange for radio to play but it also isn't like anything else on the radio right now, especially lyrically.

Plus, I still think she wants Ruth Hogben on the Venus video, whenever they do get around to filming it. She seems set that anything Venus related is going to be heavily female involved. And I don't think I'd want a Venus video any other way.

Kermit the frog

Is the statement in bold(hit) not a bit contradictory to the post you're agreeing with? As the reason you want Venus is the same reason Gaga probably picked G.U.Y- hit :awkney: Which is kinda the antithesis of what the post you agreed with is about.

I didn't mean "a true hit" in a commercial sense, which GUY is too, I meant it as the song that is actually interesting and risky, unlike GUY.

I didn't mean "a true hit" in a commercial sense, which GUY is too, I meant it as the song that is actually interesting and risky, unlike GUY.

Wait until GP likes her again and she can blow them away ok :hug:

Squidward T

This has to do well, its def her strongest track on ARTPOP, it screams Bad Romance. If it flops, Gaga I'm scared for your future :/

Glory

I would have loved Venus but anyway really happy that she's back on track !
And can't wait for the video !! Hope it'll still be a trilogy !

Rorschach

Okay, I can understand that. Venus would flop massively in a commercial sense tho

Haldy

I'm shocked and appalled by people making out Venus is daring or edgy compared to G.U.Y. Have you heard the pre-chorus, the chorus, the production?  :toofunny:  G.U.Y might not be experimental, but it's Gaga making one of her straight-forward, hard hitting and s-xually domineering pop songs that have defined a lot of her discography... Like Poker Face, Bad Romance etc. Rather than Venus which is a lyrical oddball with poorly thrown together hooks.

It's fluff in its most fluffiest sense.

Edited by Haldy

HaveAnOysterBBy

can gaga plz tweet that the next pokerface is the next single???  What is she doing?  Doesn't she know that we already know?  :toofunny:

this tho

tumblr_inline_my14f9ci8c1rz60rk.gif

Emvee

I'm shocked and appalled by people making out Venus is daring or edgy compared to G.U.Y. Have you heard the pre-chorus, the chorus, the production? :toofunny: G.U.Y might not be experimental, but it's Gaga making one of her straight-forward, hard hitting and s-xually domineering pop songs that have defined a lot of her discography... Like Poker Face, Bad Romance etc. Rather than Venus which is a lyrical oddball with poorly thrown together hooks.

It's fluff in its most fluffiest sense.

:smh: right? Venus is risky cause it's inherently a bad song... Not because it pushes boundaries.

It's actually really laughable to me that people are calling G.U.Y. generic just because it's not some crazy song with nonsensical lyrics. It's about being a bottom. How the **** is that generic? Not to say GUY pushes boundaries either, though. Let's be clear about that. Nothing on ARTPOP pushes boundaries. It's just plain fun.

Edited by Fading