Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

G.U.Y. officially confirmed as 3rd single from 'ARTPOP'!

Star

Featured Posts

not people calling G.U.Y. "basic and generic". You all need to stop. it's one of the best songs on the album and people will love it.

Who is saying this?

SKANK

not people calling G.U.Y. "basic and generic". You all need to stop. it's one of the best songs on the album and people will love it.

People telling people not to have opinions on a forum need to stop. 

ryhanna

Come on now, don't be that way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the song, whether you agree with it or not. :yes:

MahoganySnitch

Come on now, don't be that way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the song, whether you agree with it or not. :yes:

Dean Winchester

can gaga plz tweet that the next pokerface is the next single???  What is she doing?  Doesn't she know that we already know?  :toofunny:

Brainiac

they can express their opinion without being disrespectful though. I see nothing constructive about calling it "basic and generic" and adding nothing to the conversation other than that.

TimisaMonster

It was obivous..... y making Venus a Single when its already a promo single :awkney:

The Edge of Glory...Do What You Want...:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Jester

It didn't take long for her to get over her creative rebellion did it? F.u.c.k. pop music, now here is my new radio fodder single called G.U.Y.

I guess that is what you get when you are a Gaga fan. One week your stanning for a vomit covered punk rocker who is denouncing the charts, the next week your left scratching your head while she goes on day time TV to promote the releases of the most basic and predictable song off her record. 

I thought she was going to throw us a curve ball, so I'm a little bummed. But a new Gaga video is always a reason to celebrate!

She never said promo was a bad thing. She never said charts or #1's or silly songs were bad either.

FameHungry

I can imagine us waiting for the video, watching it and it's not G.U.Y :laughga:

Edited by FameHungry

TimisaMonster

I really wanted Venus :noparty: Oh well, I like G.U.Y. as well, but Venus just would've been awesome! G.U.Y. is great and sounds a lot more fresh for people and it HOPEFULLY won't be a flop :giveup: 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ItsTommyBitch

This only makes me sad because Venus has better video potential no doubt in my mind about that.

Oh well.. New video is new video, though i expect it wont be 15 ish minutes any more, at most like 5 or 6 :P

#DeadDreamsofTrilogies

G.U.Y had the most amazing chorus when i heard the snippet. Ive over played it

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

SKANK

She never said promo was a bad thing. She never said charts or #1's or silly songs were bad either.

I understand that, and I think if you are aiming for a hit song G.U.Y. is probably the smartest choice. But if you are aiming to be remembered for your musical impact, a song like G.U.Y. doesn't make a lot of sense. 

I was just hopping that given her recent antics and the SXSW keynote she wasn't really interested in playing it safe. But she clearly is, which is fine. Just a little disappointing. 

LadyoftheDam

It didn't take long for her to get over her creative rebellion did it? F.u.c.k. pop music, now here is my new radio fodder single called G.U.Y.

I guess that is what you get when you are a Gaga fan. One week your stanning for a vomit covered punk rocker who is denouncing the charts, the next week your left scratching your head while she goes on day time TV to promote the release of the most basic and predictable song off her record. 

I thought she was going to throw us a curve ball, so I'm a little bummed. But a new Gaga video is always a reason to celebrate!

So do you want Gaga to hide in her NY apartment for the rest of her career and not ever promote anything? Her saying 'eff the charts' doesn't mean she won't be the pop star she is, or that she's denying she's commercial. Don't correlate the two