Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Petition decries Gaga's SXSW performance for 'glamorizing bulimia'

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would also like to draw attention to how the author of the petition seems to believe that only women get eating disorders. THE IGNORANCE IS REAL. 

Kayla

:fail: People make petitions for everything. 

"WE DON'T LIKE TACOS. SIGN OUR PETITION, WE NEED 100,000 SIGNATURES."

kaojen

Jeeez, I hated this performance but I don't think it promoted or had anything to do with bulimia in the slightest!!!

People are paranoid!!!

My thoughts exactly

kaojen

I think for Millie and Gaga to not perform again together :toofloppy:

Oh maybe I should sign this. I couldn't handle the puke film, let alone the Swine performance lol I would be super happy for Millie and Gaga to never perform together again.

I would if it wasn't tied to the stupid accusation that it's glamourizing bulimia.

codymonster

Oh maybe I should sign this. I couldn't handle the puke film, let alone the Swine performance lol I would be super happy for Millie and Gaga to never perform together again.

I would if it wasn't tied to the stupid accusation that it's glamourizing bulimia.

That is so rude to Gaga tho :wtf: They are creative friends and enjoying doing it. Just don't watch it :later:

Well this petition almost reached its goal ... maybe Gaga will see that a lot of people were indeed disappointed in her doing this for attention. and if it wasn't for attention, why doesn't she explain it herself and the ''art'' behind it ? ... instead of her saying anything about this performance, she puts an image of it as a background twitter image. very passive-aggressive.  she can do what she wants without any consequences, or so she thinks. it only hurts her image in the long-term.

Stefani328

I don't see the point of this petition. Isn't a petition made to put an end to something ongoing? The performance already happened, what can they stop?

Stefani328

Well this petition almost reached its goal ... maybe Gaga will see that a lot of people were indeed disappointed in her doing this for attention. and if it wasn't for attention, why doesn't she explain it herself and the ''art'' behind it ? ... instead of her saying anything about this performance, she puts an image of it as a background twitter image. very passive-aggressive.  she can do what she wants without any consequences, or so she thinks. it only hurts her image in the long-term.

Yes she'll explain it and people will still say it's attention seeking and won't give a damn about what she has to say, so it isn't that easy. Gaga has gotten to the point where people hate her for everything she does, so why should she have to explain herself, now. How will her saying something solve anything, when people have already made their minds up how they feel about her? 

This is such bull****. I've been dealing on-and-off with bulimia for 12 years and it didn't even cross my mind when I saw the performance. People just feel the need to have a bug up their ass over something at all times.

SpadesToStart

there is not indication that Millie Brown is bulimic and it is rude to imply that she does.

I think people just latched onto the whole bulimia thing because Millie is tall, pretty, and looks like she could be a model. So this actually says something about society and it's expectations and stereotypes.

AdelaAngelo

She struggled with anorexia, not bulimia. THEY are the ignorant ones.

umm, no. she's never been anorexic 

AdelaAngelo

"I'm hungry from an anorexic heart" begs to differ

have you heard of ''poetic writing'' it doesn't always have to be true it just sounds better  :coffee:

tho just do some research on anorexia shes never been unhealthily underweight 

Archived