Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Brooklyn Nights was not written in 2010

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Blue Jeans

Yeah but she also ended with Luc around the time the You & I video was filmed. You & I was written in June 2010, and there's no way she'd have written Brooklyn Nights around that time imo. I could be wrong, it just seems highly unlikely she'd have written a song in 2010 that wasn't for BTW. 

This, and it's a breakup song, she's clearly saying good bye, and she broke up with him in 2011, so i really think it was written that year

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

Yeah but she also ended with Luc around the time the You & I video was filmed. You & I was written in June 2010, and there's no way she'd have written Brooklyn Nights around that time imo. I could be wrong, it just seems highly unlikely she'd have written a song in 2010 that wasn't for BTW. 

This, and it's a breakup song, she's clearly saying good bye, and she broke up with him in 2011, so i really think it was written that year

Yeah exactly.  That was what I was thinking.  I think it was written in 2011.  There's no evidence pointing to it being written in 2010, except gagapedia, which is not a reliable source  :toofunny:

Fusel

Why do people think Gaga can't write a song about a former relationship when she's with someone else? Do you really think Gaga would choose a boyfriend that would limit her her art & her expression of feelings ?

What kind of narrow view on art & the human spirit do people have?

Lavender Pubes

Just because the song says 7 years instead of 6 doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't written in 2010. That lyric could have been changed

She may have first written it in 2010 or even early 2011 and not have used it on BTW but decided to work on it again for ARTPOP and re-wrote some of the lyrics

come in at 4:30  

http://youtu.be/coDg-sr5mPw

Septemeber 2010

If you believe  "Charlotte Nights" is "Brooklyn Nights" - its anyones opinion because she never performed "Charlotte Nights."

It could be in 2010 when she wrote it because Gaga and Luc were always a on and off relationship.

britneylopez99

What is even evidence that it was written in 2010? If she wrote it during her relationship with Taylor, then she's a....I don't wanna say it.

"This guy is so good looking, that every song i write is about him."

remember when she said that? she loved Lüc so much. She was probably confused at the beginning of her and Taylors relationship and had to feel closure with Luc by way of Brooklyn Nights

lego

"This guy is so good looking, that every song i write is about him."

remember when she said that? she loved Lüc so much. She was probably confused at the beginning of her and Taylors relationship and had to feel closure with Luc by way of Brooklyn Nights

I don't know where she said that?

Anyway I remember she was really mad after their break up, performed You & I with middle finger, "this song is about nobody" etc. He was treating her like ****.

I think it's nice how Gypsy and Dope could have double meaning - love for Taylor and love for her fans, while Luc inspired songs are clearly only about him. And it bothers me, when I read the lyrics, like she was faking her feelings with Taylor and wanted to cheat him with Luc - "one last time". I remember there was even rumour on twitter long time ago, but I don't want to believe she's like that.

FreePalestine

britneylopez99

I don't know where she said that?

Anyway I remember she was really mad after their break up, performed You & I with middle finger, "this song is about nobody" etc. He was treating her like ****.

I think it's nice how Gypsy and Dope could have double meaning - love for Taylor and love for her fans, while Luc inspired songs are clearly only about him. And it bothers me, when I read the lyrics, like she was faking her feelings with Taylor and wanted to cheat him with Luc - "one last time". I remember there was even rumour on twitter long time ago, but I don't want to believe she's like that.

she said that at the monster ball before you and i one time. 

that might be true also. im not sure, but the meaning cant be too far from that. the "one brooklyn night affair" could also be a cry for closure

Slayer

Lesbihonest, Gaga lies a LOT, so who knows how long they were really together? Luc Carl probably doesn't even exist. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

SlayedForTheGod

Idk but I don't ever feel like gaga is singing about Taylor lol even in dope I feel like she is addressing her fans idk its just me

speedbliss

She referenced that she wrote it in Charlotte though right? From gagafrontrow.net - I don't think you can neccesarily base the timeline of the song from the subject.

Archived