Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Why doesn't Gaga just dump out all her songs?

albert

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly why she wouldn't. She's not just going to dump out all of her tricks in one go; she says herself that she recycles plenty of material from old songs and songs that have never been heard. Also, since she's a musician, she makes music for music's sake, and enjoys having some songs to herself and for and her friends. SHe doesn't have to share it all. If you're a business person and you create 100 marketing strategies, are you going to deploy all 100 marketing strategies at once? Will all 100 marketing strategies work together? No, but you would most likely hold on to them in case you may use them in the future, or perhaps even to build off of to create newer marketing strategies. I think it would just be absolutely absurd for her to "dump out all of her songs."

She currently has 80-100+ songs and she's still writing more. Surely the majority of them will never be on the album, especially a song like Cake.

I wish she would release every song that she's recorded.  But I can see her point when she says that once you release it, it gets sent into the numbers chart, gets voted up and down, etc.  It might be satisfying for a creator to simply create something for one's own enjoyment, and the enjoyment of one's closest friends, without subjecting the work to public scrutiny.

Not every song she makes should be released.

She can keep Out of Control and other ratchet songs like that.

Watch the SXSW keynote, she doesn't want to "feed them into the system" of charts etc  :emma:

You don't fight the system by keeping music all to yourself.

Anomaly

She currently has 80-100+ songs and she's still writing more. Surely the majority of them will never be on the album, especially a song like Cake.

And your point? They don't have to be on any album. If she wants to hold onto them, she'll hold onto them. Not all of them are worthy of being released, and I'm sure she'd like to keep some personal. Also, like I already said, she builds off of unused concepts.  Many of the songs we've heard are hybrids. I think the bridge in Sexxx Dreams, for example, was something she had originally written for another song. If she doesn't want to put them all out, she doesn't have to. Let's just be happy with what we've got.

Jewels n Drugs

I wish she would use the app to give us some music  :noparty:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Tommymonster44

Demo's are sort of like a musician's sketchbook. 

Why would an artist post rough idea sketches next to their completed masterpiece? It's unprofessional, it'll distract from the masterpiece, and it'll make people look at the masterpiece in a way the artist didn't intend.

I'm sure that Gaga has a lot of unreleased demo's that she wants to stay demo's because they contain personal information that she doesn't want published to the world.  Also, she may continue to refine the demo's or pull lyrics/beats/melodies/ect. for actual releases.  

Maybe there is just one lyric she likes from one demo and she feels like it is perfect for a new song she is writing.  If the demo is released, then she can't use that lyric anymore.  Who knows how much of ARTPOP's lyrics and concepts are simply a patchwork pulled from a progression of demos.

soundwave

Demo's are sort of like a musician's sketchbook. 

Why would an artist post rough idea sketches next to their completed masterpiece? It's unprofessional, it'll distract from the masterpiece, and it'll make people look at the masterpiece in a way the artist didn't intend.

I'm sure that Gaga has a lot of unreleased demo's that she wants to stay demo's because they contain personal information that she doesn't want published to the world.  Also, she may continue to refine the demo's or pull lyrics/beats/melodies/ect. for actual releases.  

Maybe there is just one lyric she likes from one demo and she feels like it is perfect for a new song she is writing.  If the demo is released, then she can't use that lyric anymore.  

exactly this

artRaver

not for the little managers :awkney:

Nothing is ever enough for them. :lmao:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Watch the SXSW keynote, she doesn't want to "feed them into the system" of charts etc  :emma:

Exactly. Let her keep some songs to herself. She doesn't have to release them all. She's not obligated to give anything to greedy entitled fans. Like she said, creating music is what gets her through tough times. Why would she let us into something so personal? So y'all can criticize it?  

TimisaMonster

Imagine if the leaks were nonstop like Lana's

This...it also makes me worried about hearing the songs on the APP...the gurl said she may not even wanna release it and just keep it for her and her friends...:duck:

This woman contradicts herself so much now I don't even know what to believe anymore...ACT II exists...but she doesn't want to release it? Really Gaga...:crossed:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MonsterJay

This...it also makes me worried about hearing the songs on the APP...the gurl said she may not even wanna release it and just keep it for her and her friends... :duck:

This woman contradicts herself so much now I don't even know what to believe anymore...ACT II exists...but she doesn't want to release it? Really Gaga... :crossed:

Preach 

It makes me confused as well :o mmm

-muah-

Archived