💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Cynthia Fights Back About BTWF Allegations

MonsterMarty

Featured Posts

MelbHawker

It's so annoying that the media finds these sorts of details and twists them to try and tarnish Gaga's reputation. I mean.. it only happens to her. No-one else. If anyone else did this, they'd be heralded for it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMarty

LADY GAGA RELEASES STATEMENT:

A Message from Me about the Born This Way Foundation

My mom and I are so deeply passionate about the Born This Way Foundation. Its work, its message. Creating local grassroots events to support youth with mental illness, abusive household situations, disabilities, in search of friends, answers. We believe in advocating empowerment and creating a safe space for kids to go who feel helpless. Suicide Prevention, Compassion, Inspiring Bravery. This is our mission. We do not raise money and allocate the funds to other charities for them to do the work. We do the work. We formed a brand new, up-to-date with all the newest research and best doctors in the country approach to youth wellness. My mom is on the ground with the kids, so am I, the whole Born Brave Team is. Check out my mom's article in the HUFFINGTON POST to learn more http://tinyurl.com/l57mokp

Stef

Yasss Cynthia :giveup:

never believed the rumours

Signature loading… 👹🖤

This was pretty obvious to anyone with common sense and anyone who bothered to read their site. But of course, haters throw common sense out the door so that they have a reason to hate on her.

It's sad that the media tried to make it seem like she was stealing. It's great that Gaga is finally squashing the negative rumors about her though. First with the tour "flopping" and now the BTWF rumors. The Little Angela Chengs can stay pressed :manicure:

SEANGT

I'm happy this controversy happened actually. I think this info will get out there now. At least it made me feel good about the foundation. :party:

wecouldbeARTPOP

Not to ahem be a party pooper, but form 990 2012? Taxes reporting at 4/15 is for prior year 2013... Why is she mentioning 2012?

Educate me but I'm not an accountant...

Well 2013 taxes aren't due until April 2014, maybe they haven't completed filing just yet.

AgusPop

I'm happy this controversy happened actually. I think this info will get out there now. At least it made me feel good about the foundation. :party:

tokyodisko

Do you really have that much trouble comprehending the information from above? Or is this sarcasm?

Well, I only skimmed it, because I have a life, but I think my main issue is wondering what year the information is from. They honestly do very little to raise awareness. I had high hopes for the foundation, but it doesn't do much offline- and that's likely if people go looking for it. That's not the point of raising awareness.

If the bus and fuel factored in, and this was during the tour, then I would understand the "other" cost, but the bus to my knowledge has been inactive since then. I was under the impression it would tour some throughout the years and they would try visiting schools/colleges, getting speakers, etc. The 50mil users were probably the week it launched tbh. I'd be curious to know the average amount per week. She didn't really answer the questions with a definite response. While I don't think they are just for vanity or for paying family, I also don't think they are living up to their potential. 

Mister G

This was pretty obvious to anyone with common sense and anyone who bothered to read their site. But of course, haters throw common sense out the door so that they have a reason to hate on her.

It's sad that the media tried to make it seem like she was stealing. It's great that Gaga is finally squashing the negative rumors about her though. First with the tour "flopping" and now the BTWF rumors. The Little Angela Chengs can stay pressed :manicure:

:legend:

People just flat out don't want her to succeed and if they do, they want her to be a puppet and just let someone else decide for them. The fact that Gaga has made it very obvious from day 1 on the scene that she thinks and acts upon her free will is why a lot of people in reality don't like her. They want her to be the conventional blonde pop star who doesn't write her own songs, who doesn't sing live, who doesn't have an emotional connection with her fans, etc. I think the fact that she's gone out of her way with her mom to launch their own foundation speaks highly about her character. It sucks because like MelbHawker said, had this been anyone else they would be worshipped for all eternity but because it's her it's somehow frowned upon.

Whether they are advertising to the scale of other groups or not, it's whatever really because honestly charities don't always pick up overnight and at the end of the day it's all about the principle behind it. We and everyone that's part of the BTWF knows what place everything they do is coming from and that's really all that matters. The fact that people would falsify news articles for attention and demean something charitable for people that truly need these services is disgusting. I wonder how they sleep at night.

AgusPop

People just flat out don't want her to succeed and if they do, they want her to be a puppet and just let someone else decide for them. The fact that Gaga has made it very obvious from day 1 on the scene that she thinks and acts upon her free will is why a lot of people in reality don't like her. They want her to be the conventional blonde pop star who doesn't write her own songs, who doesn't sing live, who doesn't have an emotional connection with her fans, etc. I think the fact that she's gone out of her way with her mom to launch their own foundation speaks highly about her character. It sucks because like MelbHawker said, had this been anyone else they would be worshipped for all eternity but because it's her it's somehow frowned upon.

Whether they are advertising to the scale of other groups or not, it's whatever really because honestly charities don't always pick up overnight and at the end of the day it's all about the principle behind it. We and everyone that's part of the BTWF knows what place everything they do is coming from and that's really all that matters. The fact that people would falsify news articles for attention and demean something charitable for people that truly need these services is disgusting. I wonder how they sleep at night.

I love you Cynthia! You are a Goddess and a true lady!

daviddarko

Cynthia you SLAY  :legend: DRAG THEM

YUNGVERSACE

I'm so happy Gaga and her mother are standing up for themselves and defending themselves. :applause: Some people will write anything in their articles to get a few hits and it's disgusting. The Born This Way Foundation has saved tons people's lives and it's a great thing and the fact that people would make stuff up out of absolutely nowhere is crazy. :fail: 

Anyway yeah I'm really happy that Gaga spoke out on this and defended herself instead of just ignoring it. :applause: :applause:

Archived