Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cynthia Fights Back About BTWF Allegations

MonsterMarty

Featured Posts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NathanC

Not to ahem be a party pooper, but form 990 2012? Taxes reporting at 4/15 is for prior year 2013... Why is she mentioning 2012?

Educate me but I'm not an accountant...

lavenderblondee

Preach it, mama. I don't think people realize how much it costs to keep a charity up and active. Unfortunately all the money can't go straight to the cause. I still wanna know what exactly BTWF does. We haven't heard much lately?

Mary Pain

alright children, have you understood not to believe anything you see online already? or yall gonna jump on Gaga again next time a tabloid says something bad?

im wondering because many people didnt learn the lesson from the "25 million ARTPOP promo"

TELL EM  TELL EM   :trootea:

(btw,  well done Cynthia!   and well done Bobby for tweeting this !)

Zilla

I merged a few threads together, sorry for the wonkiness. 

I just want to know where my donation REALLY went to. Feels very sketchy regardless whether or not the articles are real etc. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

PoshLife

Not to ahem be a party pooper, but form 990 2012? Taxes reporting at 4/15 is for prior year 2013... Why is she mentioning 2012?

Educate me but I'm not an accountant...

I'm looking at this from a million miles away, but it's possible they haven't filed their returns for the 2013 tax year yet. I mean those aren't due until April and a lot of the larger businesses and organizations file at the very end or pay for extensions because as you can imagine, there's a lot for them to account for even with professionals doing it for them.

At any rate, the blogs in question were referencing 2012, so it only makes sense that Cynthia would talk about the same year.

RAMROD

YAASSS!! She gave no BS statement to all these haters spit!

Hillary for President!!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Stefani328

Also, this is the $25 million promo funds source that supposedly reputable sources took as credible.

jikyah.png

It link brings you to Cynthia's statement at HuffPost. I don't even understand the haters anymore :toofunny:

Pathetic

Slay Mrs. Germanotta

Emvee

I merged a few threads together, sorry for the wonkiness.

I just want to know where my donation REALLY went to. Feels very sketchy regardless whether or not the articles are real etc.

If you really feel like it's that sketchy it's a simple solution: don't donate anymore. But where it's going is clear as day and night to me in Cynthia's response. Most of the BTWF impact won't be felt again until Gaga tours again because that is what will get the most publicity, anyway.

The "ARTPOP cost Interscope $20 mil" lie (which has spread like wildfire)...

The "artRAVE is flopping" lie (thankfully not as popular)

And now "BTWF doesn't do anything" (haven't seen anything beyond this site). Why is all this coming out now and so strongly? Do people really care enough about Gaga to want to believe these things? She's not a Bieber-like figure that people love to hate, so why do people make this stuff up and why do others believe it?

While I have my reservations about the BTWF, I agree that saying it's a bad organization because it only donates $5000 to other organizations is dishonest. The purpose is not to raise money to give to someone else to do work, but rather for the BTWF to do the work themselves. Now, is that work useful and how well that money is spent is a different matter, and maybe one worth looking into. Nevertheless, that's a HUGE difference from what the Gawker article was saying.

The people at Gawker tend to look down on pop stars and pop music fans, so articles like this are preaching to the choir. It just reaffirms their suspicion that they are better people because they don't listen to pop. Despite their superiority complex, they can't bother to find out what the BTWF actually claims to do.  :usrs: Funny how your biases get the best of you, huh?

AgusPop

The "ARTPOP cost Interscope $20 mil" lie (which has spread like wildfire)...

The "artRAVE is flopping" lie (thankfully not as popular)

And now "BTWF doesn't do anything" (haven't seen anything beyond this site). Why is all this coming out now and so strongly? Do people really care enough about Gaga to want to believe these things? She's not a Bieber-like figure that people love to hate, so why do people make this stuff up and why do others believe it?

Only the Haters (bitters 40 years old madonna fans) and the Little Monsters care about this kind of stuff.

Only the Haters (bitters 40 years old madonna fans) and the Little Monsters care about this kind of stuff.

I've seen the "ARTPOP lost Interscope $$" thing in real life, which surprised me. A lot of news articles picked up on it too. I guess I just find it overwhelming.

Archived