Why we should be boycotting SXSW event of Gaga.

Leninsdog

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Laceface

I'm taking anything at this point.

But we were promised reasonable ticket prices too were we not  :toofunny: the label just slams down on her because all they care about is money and she has to agree if she's going to get her music out to fans.

artRaver

You're acting as if the money is going directly into her bank account, it's going to her foundation that is against Bullying so as much as you hate big corporates the "#Bold" contest kinda makes sense for it.  :laughga:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

yourfaves

Ummm... you should list the sponsors and why you think there is something wrong with them to prove your point. 

Leninsdog

Dude, if we went by this sentiment then we would be boycotting Gaga's entire career.

Funding has to come from somewhere. And banning one of her performances isn't gonna do anything-ANYTHING.

I don't get it... and I read it all.

What's so bad about SXSW? I don't really get what you mean... 

the f*ck are you talking about? are you seriously raggin on gaga cause shes making bank ? girl you bitter.

The rules: 

Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to at the Event (including on the [redacted] Stage) and on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Facebook, YouTube, etc.), for any legal purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.

PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION VIA THE HASHTAGS ABOVE, YOU GRANT SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO POST THE SUBMISSION ON ITS WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES FOREVER WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PERMISSION OR COMPENSATION.

Jjang

*omg no Gaga is getting money

*She is no longer the Gaga that we used to know

*The one that earns 80 million dollars per year...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD GAGA :EMO:

Leninsdog

Well, they are using enough free advertising from everyone else why promote them here too?

Brooklyn Nights

Who do you want to give the money to run it then if it's not a big corporation? You sound like some crazy hippy screaming **** 'the man'. It's a big festival... Someone has to pay for it.

FATCAT

Why are we all fancy of this SXSW thing? Did you guys checked the sponsors? Did you guys know how people get the tickets? Why Gaga is allowing this to happen? Just to earn few more bucks?

I know that Gaga doesn't care that much about money, I'm just gonna say she is not the person who used to care about the real world like in 2010/2011. For a person who makes good work, this is a disgrace for both her and SXSW. I want to boycott this whole SXSW event and you all should be doing this. 

When did ART and MUSIC become so commercial? Aren't we all here for the music and not the bling? I don't care how much I love Gaga and want to see her all performances and how much they make me happy, I will just skip it because otherwise I will see myself as a stupid person who allows himself being used by big corporations just so they can make more and more money.

I know that many will criticise me for pointing this out but you know its true. If this would happen to any other famous name you would feel the same way. Should we allow ourselves to be used by (I don't really want to give names and advertise) corporations that doesn't care about anything but maximise their profits, so that we can see just one more performance of Gaga. Maybe it's a good choice for now but what about future.

Yea, you need to educate yourself before you embarrass yourself with this mess. :lmao:

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived