💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTWF Farce: more spent on lawyers than event organisation

Yoshi

Featured Posts

Wisdomless1

So the suggestion was to donate to Elton John's foundation.  Well what about startup costs?  

It's honestly not a big deal to me.  It's going to cost a crap load to get a NEW organization settled with a decent foundation that will let it last.  

Along with that, it takes a lot of money just to raise awareness through advertising, web content development, which probably includes LM.com, its servers, development, and upkeep.

Then I know there's gotta be legal issues involved with getting permits for events.

I just don't think it's fair to say the numbers don't add up.  I'd honestly chalk up the bucketing of those numbers to just poor accounting, which I doubt they did much of in the beginning of its inception.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMarty

How the hell do you spend 50k on social media?

Someone let Cynthia onto Zynga Poker when she was making the Facebook page.

:toofunny:

There go the coins!

tumblr_mvlud4g4ew1qhwhn8o1_500.png

Arizonadream777

Everything I once knew and loved about Gaga is crumbling into pieces :noparty:

Do you believe everything you read are you really going to give up on her because of this?

Peeps, I am not trying to defend the foundation or gaga but I have worked in social enterprises, non profit organizations before and one of them is emancipasia. Basically the npo I worked for is somewhat similar to BTWF. Their aim is to spread awareness and NOT get donations to help people pay for their medical treatment. The donations mainly come from the founder (like gaga) and volunteers, friends and government. The donations are used to pay off copy right issues and renting of venue so that they can hold bi weekly movie film screening and photo exhibitions to spread awareness.

I do not know exactly how the financial work but I think that there is a misconception that a npo can't spend money on legal advise or marketing. If spending money on PR and marketing can get more donations why not? 

Let us not forget gaga and her parents did NOT study how to run npo so hiring legal consultants and using business tactics to get donations I think is acceptable. 

I think most of us are disappointed because we have HIGH EXPECTATIONS on gaga. We want her to be able to build shelters for youths, donate millions to help relief natural disaster and do this and do that.

I think if we all have so much issues why not we all try to do something instead. Go volunteer at the BTWF or give feedback and not argue....

Runway

those dragging gaga for this better have donated something

otherwise shut up you look dumb af

FrankGutz

Strategic consulting is what they would have to pay as a start-up business being run by someone with little-to-no experience in the area, they're basically paying someone to teach Cynthia how to do her job.. Stage productions are event related. Other could literally mean anything, so we don't know if it's event related or not, it could be the office depot expenses (design etc) or it could be the costs of maintaining premises... Legal fees are high in any business especially a charity as they have a lot more regulations to follow.. Lawyers aren't cheap lol

If you think Gaga is siphoning money out of this you must realize that there are laws in place specifically to stop that from happening, and a high-profile organization started by a celebrity would obviously be under high scrutiny from government officials..

Preach it!

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Whispering

Wait till examiner.com/pawsdownlittlemonsters gets ahold of this :awkney: :awkney: :awkney:

The ones that remember his name, won't. Roger Friedman is a big enemy of Madonna fans. He has a major smear campaign against Madonna.

Same thing he is doing with Gaga, for some reason?? Evidently, the Diva he praises consistently is Mariah Carey. There have been rumors and talk from over a decade ago that Mariah's people pad his pocket to run stories that were overly positive towards Mariah and to run an all out smear campaign against Madonna.

Why Gaga now...IDK...but Roger seems to be one of those people that can be bought. Any guesses as to who bought his latest smear campaign against Gaga? ;) ;)

MonsterMum

he is reporting news? 

That's not with just news, wth? that's with everything and everyone. Even you do it.

Miel

I don't know, my first thought is that- new/starting organization = expensive?

3 points in and ready for more

Ladle Ghoulash

all costs associated with a startup really

^ common sense

much appreciated

This article is just taking a lot of this data severely out of context. 

As a lot of others have been saying, it sounds to me like a lot of the alleged "unrelated" places where the money raised has gone are actually related to getting the foundation itself on it's feet.

Cheap, shoddy entertainment journalism at its finest.

Strategic consulting is what they would have to pay as a start-up business being run by someone with little-to-no experience in the area, they're basically paying someone to teach Cynthia how to do her job.. Stage productions are event related. Other could literally mean anything, so we don't know if it's event related or not, it could be the office depot expenses (design etc) or it could be the costs of maintaining premises... Legal fees are high in any business especially a charity as they have a lot more regulations to follow.. Lawyers aren't cheap lol

If you think Gaga is siphoning money out of this you must realize that there are laws in place specifically to stop that from happening, and a high-profile organization started by a celebrity would obviously be under high scrutiny from government officials..

This. Seems like he's trying to fool readers into thinking this is a bigger deal than it actually is (if it's true).

Honestly, from the day it was created, i thought this was a way for gags to get around taxes

You think she's that superficial about this? 

This is the tax info from 2012, when the BTWF started. A lot of the costs were probably start up costs.  :shrug:

Archived