💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTWF Farce: more spent on lawyers than event organisation

Yoshi

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Oooooooo :reductive: :later:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jhonyguy04

The BTWF isn't a charity that donates sums of money to anything though, they organize events in order to assist people in stuff like bullying etc (like the born brave bus)... So 5000 under grants is actually less explainable to me than the rest

this. 

The BTWF isn't a charity that donates sums of money to anything though, they organize events in order to assist people in stuff like bullying etc (like the born brave bus)... So 5000 under grants is actually less explainable to me than the rest

bbb is in the garage hunny, and what about legal and other fees? not really event related

They spent $300,000 on “Strategic Consulting (web, digital),†$62,836 on “Stage Productions (Harvard, LA, UN),†$50,000 on “Social Media,â€

$808,661 on “otherâ€; $406,552 on “Legalâ€;

thats more than a million

none event related

Willy Wonka

bbb is in the garage hunny, and what about legal and other fees? not really event related

They spent $300,000 on “Strategic Consulting (web, digital),†$62,836 on “Stage Productions (Harvard, LA, UN),†$50,000 on “Social Media,â€

none event related

all costs associated with a startup really

MonsterMum

This. BTW is not a charity that just sends over money to Africa but organises events (with hired people and contracts that obviously require legal aid to deal with) and reach out that way.

I think it's a storm in a glass of water but they wanna make it look like a sh!t storm tbh.

Willy Wonka

I'm all for legitimate criticism, but this just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I don't know what people were expecting the money to be spent on? It's not like it's going into anyone's pocket really. It's going back into building the foundation. I must be missing something.

MonsterMum

I'm all for legitimate criticism, but this just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I don't know what people were expecting the money to be spent on? It's not like it's going into anyone's pocket really. It's going back into building the foundation. I must be missing something.

No you not, we just didn't have our daily meltdown. 

KissKissBang

none event related

Strategic consulting is what they would have to pay as a start-up business being run by someone with little-to-no experience in the area, they're basically paying someone to teach Cynthia how to do her job.. Stage productions are event related. Other could literally mean anything, so we don't know if it's event related or not, it could be the office depot expenses (design etc) or it could be the costs of maintaining premises... Legal fees are high in any business especially a charity as they have a lot more regulations to follow.. Lawyers aren't cheap lol

If you think Gaga is siphoning money out of this you must realize that there are laws in place specifically to stop that from happening, and a high-profile organization started by a celebrity would obviously be under high scrutiny from government officials..

inuborg

Mess. I still don't know what the BTWF does besides "promote bravery"

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Willy Wonka

its been up for two years?

this was 2012 tax info. that was the year it was formally launched boo

PoshLife

none event related

The Human Rights Campaign spent $6 million on "administrative expenses" last year. Suffice it to say many advocacy organizations spend a lot of the money they raise on things people outside of the situation would find very odd if not disturbing. That said, I don't really understand what BTWF does anymore, so it's not like I'll be donating to them anytime soon.

By the way, social media firms charge exorbitant fees to do things most teenagers with a smartphone know how to do, so the $50,000 doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Michelle

Not suprised since they barely do anything other than the brave bus, and share stories on FB.

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

Schwerk

Expenses nothing to do with helping anyone?

Ofcourse they needed to invest in social media, a great launchevent and other ways to get the word out.

How are they supposed to help people if nobody knows the organisation excists?

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived