Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

List of betrayals?

Interludicrous

Featured Posts

clefable

Btw the Boys Boys Boys video seems to exist, however Gaga never promised to release that one so idk if it counts as a betrayal.

this

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I think you people take Gaga too literally sometimes. 

2. I think you people listen to too many rumors that aren't from an official source.

3. When did Gaga say there was going to be a "video for every ARTPOP song"?

4. After You & I, I think Gaga's label didn't let her release anymore music videos. 

5. Was any of those "betrayals" even confirmed by Gaga or her management/label/representative?

6. The Greatest Thing was released on Gaga's Vevo channel for a short period of time. 

7. Where was there ever talk about The Fame Part 2?

8. I think, when Gaga says "I'm thinking about doing this/that..." You guys get all excited and expect it to happen, when it's only speculation/thinking on Gaga's part. 

9. There was an Elton John duet... 

A lot of those promises came from Gaga herself. While some may be too far-fetched, no one can blame this fanbase to feel disappointed when she keeps coming up with bold statements, in the same way on how protests are being made against politicians when promises aren't met. The less talk she'd make, the less mistakes she'd incur - just like everyone else. 

Do you mean in the first video (Just Dance) for The Fame era? 

No, this one: ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd4x-_iL85s

EDIT: whoops, I didn't see that Glamaphonica already posted it :sweat:

Ugh.... These negative posts are so absurd. I understand a lot of other fans are disappointed because of a few things that have gone wrong with the release of ARTPOP but really? This is disrespectful and makes me ashamed to be in the same fan base as some of you. I'm proud of everything she's accomplished so far and the music on the album is beautiful so who gives a damn. She'll do what she wants when she's ready. Next....

A lot of those promises came from Gaga herself. While some may be too far-fetched, no one can blame this fanbase to feel disappointed when she keeps coming up with bold statements, in the same way on how protests are being made against politicians when promises aren't met. The less talk she'd make, the less mistakes she'd incur - just like everyone else. 

It's one thing when Gaga actually says "Yes! This is what I'm going to do!" as opposed to "I think this is something I could/will/would/should do." Also, you all need to take her record label and management into consideration and STOP blaming Gaga ONLY for it all...  :coffee:  :smh:  

Fans choosing the second single off ARTPOP

Venus video

DWUW video

Original VMA 2013

Next time she was guest on Ellen she would be wearing jeans :emma:

ARTPOP app for android (It is but only for like 3 phones :emma:)

Judas extended video

BTW second video

A video for every song o ARTPOP (Still waiting, something tells that the shoot at Hearst was more than one video)

HML single

Americano mariachi

Princess Die

Summerboy, Disco Heaven, Retro Dance Freak and I Like it Rough live (she didn't promise anything but they were on TF and should've been performed :manicure:)

1. I think you people take Gaga too literally sometimes. 

2. I think you people listen to too many rumors that aren't from an official source.

3. When did Gaga say there was going to be a "video for every ARTPOP song"?

4. After You & I, I think Gaga's label didn't let her release anymore music videos. 

5. Was any of those "betrayals" even confirmed by Gaga or her management/label/representative?

6. The Greatest Thing was released on Gaga's Vevo channel for a short period of time. 

7. Where was there ever talk about The Fame Part 2?

8. I think, when Gaga says "I'm thinking about doing this/that..." You guys get all excited and expect it to happen, when it's only speculation/thinking on Gaga's part. 

9. There was an Elton John duet... 

3. She said she wanted to do a video for every track. Released by the app, I think.

4. What do you mean by "didn't let her release any more music videos?"

6. The one with Cher??? I think the first time we heard it was a leak; I'd never heard about it being on Vevo at any point.

7. People pointed this out. Part 1 implies there will be another part, after all.

9. It was supposed to be an original song for the album after Born This Way. It never materialized. I don't think that makes it a betrayal, just that things change.

I agree with the rest, though. Some of these aren't betrayals in my opinion.

Here's one I haven't seen yet: the Cake Like Lady Gaga music video! We got a trailer for it and everything. DJWS said the label wouldn't let them release the updated Cake, so maybe that's why they couldn't release the music video.

I kinda wish the DWUW video would be released, if only because, as someone else said, now there's a hole. TEOG probably wasn't really her vision either, but I'm happy it at least got a video.

drinkmytears

1. Born Brave Bus tailgate party that was suppose to involve DJ's, foods/drinks and games. :crossed:

it did

If she really does have ACT II finished and might not release it... that would sting.

3. She said she wanted to do a video for every track. Released by the app, I think.

4. What do you mean by "didn't let her release any more music videos?"

6. The one with Cher??? I think the first time we heard it was a leak; I'd never heard about it being on Vevo at any point.

7. People pointed this out. Part 1 implies there will be another part, after all.

9. It was supposed to be an original song for the album after Born This Way. It never materialized. I don't think that makes it a betrayal, just that things change.

I agree with the rest, though. Some of these aren't betrayals in my opinion.

Here's one I haven't seen yet: the Cake Like Lady Gaga music video! We got a trailer for it and everything. DJWS said the label wouldn't let them release the updated Cake, so maybe that's why they couldn't release the music video.

I kinda wish the DWUW video would be released, if only because, as someone else said, now there's a hole. TEOG probably wasn't really her vision either, but I'm happy it at least got a video.

4. Um, yeah. Her label approves what get released and what doesn't. 

6. That's the first place I heard it. It might have been on a fans channel but I doubt it. And yes. There is one with Cher. I have it. 

7. That video looks like a promo video to me, promoting The Fame. Meaning there would be a second promo video or that the promotion is the first part of the era... 

artRaver

it did

Uh, no? Not from what I remembered.

They just played Born This Way remix on repeat I was expecting an actual live DJ and there was like only one booth for "games" the rest were just places to pick up pamphlets and stuff.  :sweat:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Ronk

Ugh.... These negative posts are so absurd. I understand a lot of other fans are disappointed because of a few things that have gone wrong with the release of ARTPOP but really? This is disrespectful and makes me ashamed to be in the same fan base as some of you. I'm proud of everything she's accomplished so far and the music on the album is beautiful so who gives a damn. She'll do what she wants when she's ready. Next....

:applause: This, exactly.  How would any of you feel if people called it a betrayal every time you changed your mind, you thought of a better approach, circumstances changed, or you yourself were betrayed by those around you causing you to do things differently?  Also, critics and media were determined to kill the ARTPOP era from the start, and MTV pulled the rug out from under Gaga's creativity by not allowing her performance, and don't forget the leakers messing up the planned releases of her songs.  Now is when Gaga needs our support, not our criticisms.  It's amazing she has the strength to keep going after all she's been through.  I stand firm with ex650 ... I'm so proud of Gaga.

I live outside the space time continuum.

drinkmytears

Uh, no? Not from what I remembered.

They just played Born This Way remix on repeat I was expecting an actual live DJ and there was like only one booth for "games" the rest were just places to pick up pamphlets and stuff.  :sweat:

Oh, maybe they just had all that because mine was the one Gaga went to, but DJWS and Lady Starlight played and there was food and drinks! 

artRaver

Oh, maybe they just had all that because mine was the one Gaga went to, but DJWS and Lady Starlight played and there was food and drinks! 

Lucky! I really don't mind that none of those things were there but it would've been nice. I don't even know.  :toofunny:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived