Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Explain the J&D hate.

Mr Josh

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Lahv it. Gaga's verse in it is one of her best.

:tea: :applause:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llbcherry

Even though deep down the production is pretty good, it's a pretty stock standard "rap" genre song. Just because Gaga doesn't normally do it, doesn't mean it's an original, unique and experimental.

I kind of agree. I don't hate J&D like some, but it isn't that fresh. It really reminds me of all T.I. music from circa 2007. It just has that sound. I'm not sure, is it trap?

I like T.I. a lot. I know little about Too $hort and Twista.

Too $hort's verse is very slowly spoken, and is vague in meaning. So I don't like his part a whole lot.

I don't like that the hook changes into the chorus. I'd rather have the hook throughout.

I think "young pancake" turned people off, because it makes no sense, and is cringe-worthy, imo.

Twista's part is ok, but I'm unsure if I like the disjointed musical style. Each rapper has a different beat in this song. They are sonically similar, but I think it lacks cohesion.

That's my 2 cents.

Having JND sandwiched between Sex Dreams and MANiCURE is like having someone bite down on your dick between s-xual favors. It completely messes up the flow of the album and I skip it every time.

Omg. :teehee:

I kind of agree. It sticks out like a sore thumb. (Sore dick? :smh: ) It seems like it got put on the wrong album.

Zsolti

it's rap

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Battle 4 Ur Life

bad lyrics, annoying rappers, flat chorus, basic production, unimaginative, boring, all over the place, doesn't fit at all with the rest of the album...waste of space for a good song...

and it goes on...I could talk s* about this song forever...

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

NewYorkCity

I really like the song, the beat, the Gaga parts and the rappers part.

It is just that there is TOO MUCH. 3 rapers are too much. I never skip it from the begining but when I am at the middle of twista I skip the rest...

So, great song but too much rap for me.

Better Day

I personally love the song, I don't understand the song

Together You And I!

Lassex

Because Gaga doesn't make that kind of music usually. :shrug: But actually I like that song.

the terms are interchangeable nowadays

No, strictly speaking, rap is usually made with a beat that gives the rhythm and a minimalistic base (if there's any), while hip-hop has a more prepared instrumental, sometimes being the most important part of the song (like it happens on Kanye's last album). Anyway, J&D is hip-hop.

Most people on here are Gay

which means that if it's not Euro pop or a queen, we hate it.

Needs to be a bop too... can't be liked if it doesn't have a repetitive EDM chorus. 

I hate the song cause I think Gaga doesn't have to change her style to make a featuring. In DWUW, she kinda changes it but that 90's R&B-pop really fits her, while hip-hop doesn't fit her at all. Moreover, it's just a really outdated song, it's as if she had added dubstep bridges to her songs.

The seemingly random slap-together of rappers she implemented into it... It's just a mess

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Emvee

I used to think race was a factor because there are more silly gaga songs that some of y'all rave about.

:flop: race is not a factor when everybody loves DWUW, Telephone, and would give their left nut for a collaboration with Rihanna.

Why is it so hard to understand for some of you that rap is extremely unappealing as a GENRE to most pop fans? lol and this song, specifically, is just a jumble of rap cliches...

djBuffoon

Hate is too strong a word. The production is very clever and intricate in sections, and the sung parts are good. But overall, the song does absolutely nothing for me as a listener, and I think the album flows so much better without it.

Archived