Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

A Tara Make Up Comparison

Hedi

Featured Posts

Ugh, the point is better highlighting and contouring, of course there's lighting and blur effects, but even n the behind the scenes, it's on point... and bad jpeg loss didn't help my point.. maybe these are a bit clearer..

D97D1D6D64E2985291AE9493CD65B2CF.jpg

noy8mx.pngladygaga_makeup_kandee.png

lady-gaga-video-phone-64443.jpg

Lady_Gaga__Video_phone_by_JoeleneyBeaney

I was jus' kiddin', boo <3

I love her look in this video. Wish she would adopt the more angular shading forever.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of the heavy brown brows she did in 2012 (everyone knows which ones I'm speaking of), but I am a huge fan of the heavy black drag queen eyebrows from 2011 (EOG 'era').

r-LADY-GAGA-JAPAN-large570.jpg

music%2Blover.png

I adore 2009/2010s dark brows and red lipstick..

The Telephone eyebrows as well.. by Billy B also I believe.

Lady-Gaga-2.jpg

create-studded-bra-from-lady-gagas-telep

heavymlover

he went away with Dada (creative director), Nicola (fashion stylist), Laurieann (chroeographer) and other talented people in the Haus. Let us not forget Troy (manager).

Now we have bad replacements who Gaga calls "friends". 

Billy never was her permanent make up artist. He still works with her for certain events, music videos and photoshoots.

codymonster

K, first off, for most off Tara's you picked unflattering pics where her face looks bizarre :toofunny: Second, most of the ones that look bad I think look bad because of the wig line, NOT Tara.

And I don't even give a **** about Tara :sweat: I'm just noticing the bias here, and I think she's done some great work. The biggest thing I noticed in these pics was the wig line.

All three artists have obviously different aesthetics, and all three are great. The fact you didn't choose the most flattering photos of Tara's makeup on Gaga is very biased, I would say.  :excuseme:

Could u highlight some good ones so we can compare more accurately?

K, first off, for most off Tara's you picked unflattering pics where her face looks bizarre :toofunny: Second, most of the ones that look bad I think look bad because of the wig line, NOT Tara.

And I don't even give a **** about Tara :sweat: I'm just noticing the bias here, and I think she's done some great work. The biggest thing I noticed in these pics was the wig line.

This. It was my first thought. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Seringai

we can't compare Billy's works on video phone or bad romance music video, because we never seen make up in unedited photo version, but i agree gaga make up on TFM Era was on point.

The first 6 are purposefully all of the exact same angles to have a fair comparison, I am comparing the difference in make up aesthetics, not that her face looks 'bizarre'.

All three artists have obviously different aesthetics, and all three are great. The fact you didn't choose the most flattering photos of Tara's makeup on Gaga is very biased, I would say.  :excuseme:

we can't compare Billy's works on video phone or bad romance music video, because we never seen make up in unedited photo version, but i agree gaga make up on TFM Era was on point.

You can see them more 'unedited' in the behind the scenes of videophone and all his other videos [some Lauren Dukoff pictures too], but yeah, the videophone video does look blurred, I chose not to include any other of his video work but I was just trying to show the comparison of his highlighting/contouring.

J e s s e

He was right, she DID have the perfect team before 2011. :eww:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

Tara is amazing so no need to drag her. I think she can improve but doesnt mean she wont.

CharlieQuinn
I don't like Billy B - those looks make her look too much like a drag queen...

giskardsb

you are comparing professionally lit studio shots with paparazzi shots from a distance with close up shots with a on board camera flash.    Nearly every single one of these comparisons is invalid because the lighting is so different.  You get up 6 feet from Gaga with an on board flash with anybodies makeup and there are going to be shiny spots and high contrast.   Move back a bit like where photog's are forced to stand at award shows and the light will soften up.  A pro studio shoot will look exactly however the photographer wants it to, whether hard lighting or soft, and after photoshop.

Yes there are differences between the makeup artists but the collection of photo's chosen doesn't really prove anything.

Archived