other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

Using the imperial Japanese flag under which millions of Koreans have been killed, deported and raped during the Japanese reign and the second world war to show "cultural superiority" is tasteless.

Japan has shown its own forms of close-minded bigotry, such as blackface literally being trendy everyday make-up and on-going hooray patriotism that still shows disturbing similies to the one Hitler practiced during the Third Reich. Sit your ass down.

You're generally right but comparing Japanese nationalism TODAY to the Third Reich is more tasteless than anything else that's ever been posted in this thread. I'm sick to DEATH of stupid people on the internet bringing Hitler and the Holocaust into everything just because they don't have anything smarter to add to the conversation. You'd think a thread about East Asian music would be immune from such lunacy, but it really is everywhere.

PoshLife

the Siwon Apologists are out in full force in the comment section :rip:  One thing I give to American pop fans is that a lot of them are gay or pro-LGBT so a lot of them do NOT tolerate blatant homophobia. KPop fans seem to agree with it though.

PopReaper

So Siwon basically said: "I'm sorry y'all got offended, I'll just shut up next time so I don't get into more trouble." :later:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife

I mean he SHOULD just shut up next time :toofunny:  I thought it was interesting that he mentioned not only fans, but staff. Do you think people he works with confronted him about it? that would have been really interesting.

Using the imperial Japanese flag under which millions of Koreans have been killed, deported and raped during the Japanese reign and the second world war to show "cultural superiority" is tasteless.

Japan has shown its own forms of close-minded bigotry, such as blackface literally being trendy everyday make-up and on-going hooray patriotism that still shows disturbing similies to the one Hitler practiced during the Third Reich. Sit your ass down.

that's the past, move on, Japan is no longer the same monster as it was during WW2, that's like saying Germany is still A Nazi Empire

and the rising sun flag already existed before WW2, the Korean Colonial Period and the Invasion of China.

but anyway my point still stands, Japan has always been a more open-minded society than Korea and they still are, obviously, I mean you just have to see this videos to realize that

I really don't know how can some of you stan HARD for your K-POP idols when they are probably homophobic as ****

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

PoshLife

Proud to say Utada Hikaru is really pro-LGBT. During her American concerts she threw softballs into the crowd that said "Legalize Gay." That was back in like 2010.

And her teddy bear is gay :toofunny:

I think a lot of female JPop idols have big gay followings. Namie Amuro and Ayumi Hamasaki certainly do; it's well-known. I imagine Koda Kumi probably does too.

anyway let's go back to the music

I ADORE them, they're so cute

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

PoshLife

Aphrodite lady
Skin-tight bikini
Garden panty
...Venus :emma:

PoshLife

You should give this song a try. It's KPop, but it has a very JPop vibe, very bright and cheerful. The chorus reminds me a lot of the AKB48 song you posted, so you might enjoy it.

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived