Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

Taylor

:spin:

EXO-K - Overdose

First off, I am personally not a fan of male groups. I did however like the song, finding it to be catchy - especially in the chorus. I didn’t particularly like the pre-chorus of the song, finding it to be a little boring and empty. As for the music video, I liked the ‘intro’ part, and wish they’d stuck with that theme for the entire video, as the bulk of the song is performed in a white box of which the lighting edges change colour periodically. I also wasn’t a fan of the camera titling and zooming effect as it left some members left out of frame during chorus scenes. At the end, near the bridge, I felt there were too many members in view at once making the video overcrowded with people at that time.

I give the song a 6 out of 10.

DIA & Kiss&Cry - Bad Girl

I liked this song. It’s not very catchy on it’s first listen, particularly in the chorus - however with subsequent listens it does become catchier. The chorus is very smooth, and I particularly liked the post chorus (which I found myself singing along to in my head even during the first listen), with the ‘Ooh~’ and ‘Gidaehae’. The transitions throughout the song are also very smooth, and my only complaint is that I felt the bridge could have been a little longer and sounded a little different to the main verses and chorus.

I give the song a 7.5 out of 10.

Mika Nakashima x Miliyah Kato - Fighter

I have mixed feelings with this song. I like parts of it - and really dislike others. I would have preferred the beginning to not have the spoken part, and my initial reaction to the opening verse was that I didn’t feel the voices sat well with the backing track. I do like the pre-chorus of the song, I feel that it builds up well to the main chorus. In the chorus the pronunciation of ‘fighter’ can sometimes sound like ‘fire’, I’m not sure if this was intentional as at other points in the song I can clearly hear ‘fighter’. I found the rap-ish part of the song to be a bit flat and dull, and not really needed. I like the bridge of the song, and felt that overall the chorus was pretty catchy. As for the video I didn’t particularly like the storyline and felt it would have been better had it not been spliced with footage from ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’, despite it being the movies Japanese theme song.

I give the song a 5.5 out of 10.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

:spin:

EXO-K - Overdose

First off, I am personally not a fan of male groups. I did however like the song, finding it to be catchy - especially in the chorus. I didn’t particularly like the pre-chorus of the song, finding it to be a little boring and empty. As for the music video, I liked the ‘intro’ part, and wish they’d stuck with that theme for the entire video, as the bulk of the song is performed in a white box of which the lighting edges change colour periodically. I also wasn’t a fan of the camera titling and zooming effect as it left some members left out of frame during chorus scenes. At the end, near the bridge, I felt there were too many members in view at once making the video overcrowded with people at that time.

I give the song a 6 out of 10.

DIA & Kiss&Cry - Bad Girl

I liked this song. It’s not very catchy on it’s first listen, particularly in the chorus - however with subsequent listens it does become catchier. The chorus is very smooth, and I particularly liked the post chorus (which I found myself singing along to in my head even during the first listen), with the ‘Ooh~’ and ‘Gidaehae’. The transitions throughout the song are also very smooth, and my only complaint is that I felt the bridge could have been a little longer and sounded a little different to the main verses and chorus.

I give the song a 7.5 out of 10.

Mika Nakashima x Miliyah Kato - Fighter

I have mixed feelings with this song. I like parts of it - and really dislike others. I would have preferred the beginning to not have the spoken part, and my initial reaction to the opening verse was that I didn’t feel the voices sat well with the backing track. I do like the pre-chorus of the song, I feel that it builds up well to the main chorus. In the chorus the pronunciation of ‘fighter’ can sometimes sound like ‘fire’, I’m not sure if this was intentional as at other points in the song I can clearly hear ‘fighter’. I found the rap-ish part of the song to be a bit flat and dull, and not really needed. I like the bridge of the song, and felt that overall the chorus was pretty catchy. As for the video I didn’t particularly like the storyline and felt it would have been better had it not been spliced with footage from ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’, despite it being the movies Japanese theme song.

I give the song a 5.5 out of 10.

YAYAY thank you!!! Are you okay with using 'Taylor' for your reviews?

Here's my review of "Fighter." I'll also review "Bad Girl" a little later. I won't review "Overdose" in the hopes that other folks will review that one.

I'm really liking this song. The guitar-shredding chords, both simple and yet totally satisfying, remind me a lot of Namie Amuro's "Damage." Both singers have strong voices and emote really well throughout the song, my favorite part being the absolute earworm of a post-chorus (the repetition of "This sounds like our love story"). The lyrics fascinate me: "Upside-down, I kiss you" and "I connect the red threads of fate" in particular invoke the Spider-Man tie-in, leaving me to wonder whether the songstresses are portraying Peter Parker, Mary Jane, or both. The only problem I have with the song is that the chorus begs for some good harmonies we ultimately go without. Rating: 9/10

Taylor

Because tomorrow is Thursday, should we do some Throw Back Thursday reviews? :spin:

And yeah, Taylor is fine :spin:

PoshLife

Because tomorrow is Thursday, should we do some Throw Back Thursday reviews? :spin:

And yeah, Taylor is fine :spin:

Yeah! Maybe just one, though. I want to establish that we're the hot site to go to for reviews on brand spankin' new releases, so maybe just 1-2 throwbacks a week while we're still starting out. Does that make sense?

I'll let you all decide what we should review first, since I only found out about KPOP recently. Maybe a well-known SNSD or 2NE1 single/album?

Taylor

Yeah, maybe the Run Devil Run repackage - or the Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) mini album?
I'm not too in the know for 2NE1 releases :sweat:

Taylor

Maybe someone would want to review Hatsune Miku @ artRave? :spin:

PopReaper

Are you guys gonna kill me? :cheekymonkeyemoji:

$_57.JPG

tumblr_inline_n0zdy85JQD1qhrw2y.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PopReaper

So you're June and I'm Chloe? :spin:

I'm Chloe and you're June :flop:

Taylor

I'm Chloe and you're June :flop:

So I'm disgusted I have a signed Wings CD and you're amazed? :spin:

PopReaper

So I'm disgusted I have a signed Wings CD and you're amazed? :spin:

i guess :spin:

not Posh still trying to make that Japanese duo happen :derpga:

PoshLife

LOL my impactful persistence :legend:

they're not a duo tho, they're solo artists who collab'd on this one song. It's weird cuz I've never heard of either of them but they've each released like 10 albums haha

Taylor

Inb4 everyone else in the thread is like 'Whut?' 'Who is Chloe?' 'Who the fuck is June?!' :lolgaga:

PopReaper

Inb4 everyone else in the thread is like 'Whut?' 'Who is Chloe?' 'Who the fuck is June?!' :lolgaga:

this tbh :lolgaga:

PoshLife

Bumping to the new page :usrs:

KPop Krew has launched, time to review!

Hey guys, so KPop Krew is officially up and running! :party: We're going to be making the layout nicer (if anyone wants to make a banner, lemme know!), but we want to start filling it with content. So it's time to get reviewing! As a reminder, anyone who actively participates in this thread is more than welcome to be a reviewer.

Since we're focused on reviewing new releases, we're going to do the following songs to start. You can of course suggest other new songs for us to review! So please listen to and review one or two of the following (ideally today tumblr_inline_muifazc7yJ1qf3eh3.gif):

EXO - "Overdose" (KPop)

Kiss & Cry - "Bad Girl" (KPop)

Mika Nakashima x Miliyah Kato - "Fighter" (JPop)

Remember, the review doesn't have to be positive, so even if you don't like a song, you can still review it. We're hoping each review is 2-5 sentences, so they're not too long for people to read but also long enough to be legit reviews. Also please include the name/alias you want to appear with the review. I'll be using my first name, Alex, and suggest you do too if you're comfortable. Edit: Please also rate the song 1-10; we can tally up the ratings to give each song an average rating from the group!

Let me know if you have any questions! Just post your review(s) here and we'll put them up on the blog!

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived