other

The K-Pop | J-Pop Club

Taylor

Featured Posts

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danieljsolis

omg that's amazing! and how does it work with live shows? (for example the opening for artRave) are there "official" songs or albums?

Miku has some official songs out so they just use a playback of what they have in a hologram. I don't know how Miku would do for artRave if there's no holographic screen around... 

PoshLife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-F0wVITR0

about 1/3 of the playlist is good, the rest is  :eww:

EDIT: Okay, looking back at the songs, there are really only a couple bad songs

ohhhh I see, it's limited to 2012 stuff. Yeah see a lot of the best music came out in other years haha. For instance, BoA's come out with far better songs than "Only One." And Orange Caramel's newer stuff is a lot better than "Milkshake lolol.

So yeah I don't blame you for not being impressed by this playlist lol!

The shade at them not including Love is Energy, though :messga:

Antichrist

I didn't understand it :emma:

im super dumb

28kj135.jpg

That you were correct. Lots of kpop songs are pop **** :emma:

ohhhh I see, it's limited to 2012 stuff. Yeah see a lot of the best music came out in other years haha. For instance, BoA's come out with far better songs than "Only One." And Orange Caramel's newer stuff is a lot better than "Milkshake lolol.

So yeah I don't blame you for not being impressed by this playlist lol!

The shade at them not including Love is Energy, though :messga:

Ya, that BoA song was  :eww:  :eww:  :eww:

Orange Caramel can do no wrong tbh, even their worst tracks sh!t all over other artists' entire discographies :hor:

PoshLife

yeah if I'm being totally honest, most of my favorite kpop songs are mindless pop. Like "Wolf is Stupid," "Love is Energy," "Baby Like That"... it's all really repetitive and definitely not artful.

BUT I LOVE IT.

I just recognize it doesn't have much artistic merit beyond just being enjoyable to listen to haha

Antichrist

yeah if I'm being totally honest, most of my favorite kpop songs are mindless pop. Like "Wolf is Stupid," "Love is Energy," "Baby Like That"... it's all really repetitive and definitely not artful.

BUT I LOVE IT.

I just recognize it doesn't have much artistic merit beyond just being enjoyable to listen to haha

I have to agree with that :emma:

Baby Like That is on a whole new level of kpop tho, undeniably amazing :legend:

oh 

28kj135.jpg

yeah tbh, Nothing I've heard from artists like MissA, KARA, and all those types of girl groups have impressed me. Some of it is worse than the worst of mainstream American pop :emma:

BUT I LOVE IT.

I'm used to listening to music with a lot of artistry behind the music/lyrics (Wow I sound pretentious :smh:) so I'm just adjusting I guess 

I need to learn to just appreciate mindless catchy bops... :music:

PoshLife

I have to agree with that :emma:

Baby Like That is on a whole new level of kpop tho, undeniably amazing :legend:

someone on allkpop was like "omg you like Alice White too?? yeah they're prob not coming back tho"

:emo:

Antichrist

oh 

28kj135.jpg

yeah tbh, Nothing I've heard from artists like MissA, KARA, and all those types of girl groups have impressed me. Some of it is worse than the worst of mainstream American pop :emma:

miss A actually has some decent songs tho :emma:

someone on allkpop was like "omg you like Alice White too?? yeah they're prob not coming back tho"

:emo:

omg i almost crapped myself :rip:

What do you guys think was the best year for K-Pop music?
Help a newbie out :emma:

PoshLife

oh 

28kj135.jpg

I'm used to listening to music with a lot of artistry behind the music/lyrics (Wow I sound pretentious :smh:) so I'm just adjusting I guess 

I need to learn to just appreciate mindless catchy bops... :music:

You should check out the albums "Ultra Blue" and "Heart Station" by Utada Hikaru (Jpop, not kpop, if you're okay with that). It's definitely pop music, but she does it all herself (writing AND producing), and some songs like "Blue," "Passion," "Beautiful World" and "Take 5" seem pretty artful to me.

(omg seriously the whole of "Ultra Blue" is just amazing. Such a good album. "Heart Station" has some really chill songs, but a lot of it is kinda boring like that BoA song LOL)

PopReaper

What do you guys think was the best year for K-Pop music?

Help a newbie out :emma:

Late 2009/2010 had epic comebacks tbh

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

miss A actually has some decent songs tho :emma:

Link me tbh 

6sdimt.jpg

:emma:

god I feel like such a nuisance on this thread

:fat: 

• Haroon locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived