💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Are blackouts hurting or helping Gaga?

GHGUY

Featured Posts

monstereo

Hurting her obviously.

At this point who is Lady Gaga? WHO IS SHE? (and not in a ~ oo I can't wait for her to come back and find out more about her way) She's being forgotten by the public and being remembered as a once SUPER POPULAR successful superstar, her flame is dying out. It's so unfortunete.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think leaks do more damage than blackouts.  Leaks reduce the impact of a song or video because the promo is set up for the actual release date.  IMO the leak of Applause significantly damaged the ARTPOP era and Gaga's career.  The impact wasn't there and that disappointed the public and the critics.

So I would rather her operate in complete secrecy and we find out nothing about songs and videos until the day they are released.  In the meantime, if Gaga wants to stay in touch, she could only talk about personal stuff.  It's all about impact.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Imo, Rih and KP can be hogging the limelight because they don't really look so different to the normal people. I mean, Rihanna dresses like a hipster and it's true that Katy sometimes dresses in a strange way, but it's not made as if it was the big thing by the media. But every time people see Gaga, they talk about her dresses, her style, all that stuff, and that's why she saturated. I think this could be either good or bad, it depends on how she comes back, if she does it strongly, with a powerful work like a great video, this will be nothing but great for her.

Hurting her obviously.

At this point who is Lady Gaga? WHO IS SHE? (and not in a ~ oo I can't wait for her to come back and find out more about her way) She's being forgotten by the public and being remembered as a once SUPER POPULAR successful superstar, her flame is dying out. It's so unfortunete.

So was Beyoncè during the 4 era and she's had a top 2 and one of the most commented albums from the last six months.

This.... Nobody but Gaga fans seem to be sick of her

And that's because of pure jealousy of her grand-public sucess.

And that's because of pure jealousy of her grand-public sucess.

As much as I dislike her she at least knows what she's doing and has a team backing her and doing everything professionally instead of feeling the need to adopt a DIY mentality on everything

thefamebitch

People are getting fed up and annoyed with Katy Perry tho....

You people are so gloom& doom. I swear you all care more about how popular she is in the public and how she is viewed than she does. The b---h is gonna keep making music, touring and being what she wants to be and doing what she wants to do. If you don't like that go cry a river then.

AdelaAngelo

i think the blackout after BTW was a good idea cuz ppl were def sick of her. but the one she is in now was the biggest mistake she could ever do. the worst about blackouts is that ppl dont really know the singer is 'taking a rest'' or ''hiding'', they just think they are flopping so bad that nobody notices them anymore. 

It's hurting the sales of ARTPOP but I think it will be for the best in the long run. Gaga's whole persona is so in your face that people eventually need a break from it. Plus, this whole thing is setting up Gaga for a comeback and everybody loves a comeback.

JacobLindell

like...it was different when it was between her albums...but like when she does it inbetween an album era it is just so sad and dissapointing to everybody lol...ARTPOP the album was great! But ARTPOP the era has been a HUGE letdown

im ready for a new album tbh..

thatfoxyfeeling

Well, she obviously keeps us talking.

That is what she does.

I strongly believe that she will eventually come back with a big bang.

Call me delusional, but I think she will introduce Act II with the next music video.

We will probably get a new album sooner than later.

I can't imagine ARTPOP beng something she envisioned for more than 2 years since BTW came out.

Knowing Gaga, the stuff she really was working on these 2 years must be way better and more consistent than what we eventually got.

The problem is, she said so many things in the past.

Like ARTPOP being the fusion of ART and POP, a reverse Warholian experience.

I feel like we actually got none of that.

I imagined some really creative music and the sound of the album was just too safe, too dated, like she didn't have the artistic freedom she has claimed she would be having.

She promised stuff that never actually happened (we all know what I am talking about).

This is what makes it hard to believe in her as a fan.

This is so true :tea:

llbcherry

Gosh, I don't know. As for right now, I'd say it's hurting her. But I think the 2nd single/DWUW debacle was more harmful. It really feels like someone, somewhere has given up on the album. I do think that in order to be more successful on the charts, that she should sing about different things. As someone said: applause, swine, space, jewels/d--gs, etc, are odd choices. I like that she is writing what she wants, and I don't personally stan just based on commercial success.

Bottom line:

What Gaga wants as an artist is not compatible with commercial success. It's a lose-lose. She will either have to comprimise herself artistically, or accept that the GP doesn't and likely will dislike her music.

Whatever is more important to her is fine with me.

What sucks is that the Gaga package we were introduced to was a product of other people. Now that Gaga can do what she wants, we see that the lite s-xy dance music was just an ice-breaker, and now she wants to talk about greek myths and flower panties.

:shrug: That's my honest opinion.

Michelle

It's hurting the sales of ARTPOP but I think it will be for the best in the long run. Gaga's whole persona is so in your face that people eventually need a break from it. Plus, this whole thing is setting up Gaga for a comeback and everybody loves a comeback.

That's what we keep hearing and have been for a long time :noparty: I hope so.

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

rivingtonrebels

It's hurting her, no question.

ARTPOP's release was horribly executed.  The fact that it's been 6 months since the first single and music video and we've only have 1 single with no video since then, and ONE televised performance in 2014 is seriously a joke.  It's not like Gaga at all.

And to those of you saying we're bad fans for criticizing Gaga and we should let her do whatever she wants and not get upset - you're living on a different planet than the rest of us because music is a business, and if Gaga doesn't want to play the game she should retire.

Archived