💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga still become a legend?

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Now she is an icon. She missed her chance because of Born This Way and now ARTPOP. If she doesnt step up her game and continue to release albums like ARTPOP, direct her videos alone..... her future is not full of ranbows and unicorns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LittleBoot

Depends on people's definition or criteria for legend.

As far as the GP is concerned, only time will tell.

Yes, but I don't think she's sustained a career long enough to be considered a legend yet. But yes, of course she can.. I sometimes feel like it will be another kind of self-fulfilling prophecy for Gaga. Time will tell as always. And even if she is not widely considered an all around legend in some years' time as her impact has more time to sort of ingratiate itself in the scope of pop history, she'll still be known as one of the most prominent pop stars of our generation.

djBuffoon

If she keeps putting out more ARTPOP type albums and less TF/TFM I would really doubt she can manage it. I love ARTPOP, but it is not very attractive to the GP.

See, it's that kind of mentality I don't quite understand. I love ARTPOP and BTW too. And I love them because, every time I listen to those albums, I hear a complete lack of compromise. I hear exactly the kind of music that (I imagine) she wants to continue making. And personally, I would rather her stick to her creative impulses than water down her work and release something that is designed to go #1.

Having said that, I don't know if ARTPOP is unpalatable to the GP so much as they're just not aware of the music on it. As far as they know, there's only two songs on it worth listening to.

iMonster

What separates Gaga from the others is she's an actual musician. 

That fact alone sets her tiers above other Pop singer. 

She will indeed become a legend - she's already iconic. That's the first step for immortality. :legend: 

VforVendetta

Most likely, she pretty much already is. We won't really know until she's old though.

thefamebitch

She already is and I'm not being delusional. Look at the intensity from her fans after only 5-6 years of being in the public light. It's pretty remarkable in my opinion. Everyone knows her name and pretty much everyone I know knows the lyrics to a couple of her songs whether or not they even like her.

How do you draw the line between not being a legend and being one?

I think she's a legend already, because she did go beyond music by empowering others which i haven't seen other celebrities doing that.

See, it's that kind of mentality I don't quite understand. I love ARTPOP and BTW too. And I love them because, every time I listen to those albums, I hear a complete lack of compromise. I hear exactly the kind of music that (I imagine) she wants to continue making. And personally, I would rather her stick to her creative impulses than water down her work and release something that is designed to go #1.

Having said that, I don't know if ARTPOP is unpalatable to the GP so much as they're just not aware of the music on it. As far as they know, there's only two songs on it worth listening to.

That could definitely be part of the issue. The promotion and everything has been a giant mess, but I also get the feeling, even from my friends, that they prefer her to do songs that are s-x/love-based and simple with a Gaga twist. 

I hope she does compromise some though, she is a pop star and I do love pop music. I don't think there is anything wrong or basic with songs like Bad Romance. I hope she continues releasing more of it. She'll always be experimental and edgy, so I am not worried about her uniqueness disappearing. 

djBuffoon

That could definitely be part of the issue. The promotion and everything has been a giant mess, but I also get the feeling, even from my friends, that they prefer her to do songs that are s-x/love-based and simple with a Gaga twist. 

I hope she does compromise some though, she is a pop star and I do love pop music. I don't think there is anything wrong or basic with songs like Bad Romance. I hope she continues releasing more of it. She'll always be experimental and edgy, so I am not worried about her uniqueness disappearing. 

Bad Romance, I feel, was a dip in the pond for her. "Can I make a song that sounds different and presents my point of view in a way that is both unique and accessible?" And it caught on because of this. The rest of TFM, by and large, isn't as impressive to me from a musical standpoint tbh. I'm much more interested in her singing about a variety of topics, simply because every other pop star mainly sticks to s-x/love and there's only so much one can do with that. Her last two albums were edgy, personal, hard-hitting, and anything but "easy listening". That's what I've wanted from her since the beginning, and I hope she continues down that road, making her music and art without compromise. That is what will secure her legacy.

Archived