Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga still become a legend?

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

She's already had a huge impact, and as long as she continues to have this fanbase her impact will continue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She needs to understand that she has to stop these media blackouts. moderation is key here. not too  overexposed not too underexposed. she can't pull a britney and expect to hit just with her name alone. she's also not adele and pull a set fire to the rain.

This. 

She's already had a huge impact, and as long as she continues to have this fanbase her impact will continue

Yes, but look at how many people have been put off by the past two eras. :/

At this point I also think she will need more #1s to be considered a big legend. Remember when Tony Bennett? said she could compare to Elvis' longevity and they said she was capable of it when she was at the height of her career. She needs to have more moments like that to be a legend. Sure, she shaped the way for music and presentation since 2008, but that is now being flooded with many other artists and Gaga is blending in to anyone who isn't a stan. At this point in time I think Katy Perry of Miley Cyrus could have just as much of a chance to become a legend. 

JustPokeHerFace

This. 

At this point I also think she will need more #1s to be considered a big legend. Remember when Tony Bennett? said she could compare to Elvis' longevity and they said she was capable of it when she was at the height of her career. She needs to have more moments like that to be a legend. Sure, she shaped the way for music and presentation since 2008, but that is now being flooded with many other artists and Gaga is blending in to anyone who isn't a stan. At this point in time I think Katy Perry of Miley Cyrus could have just as much of a chance to become a legend. 

People were saying the same thing in the early 90s when Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Paula Abdul were all more popular than Madonna, and look what happened. 

Gaga may not be the most successful artist right now, but what she's done at her peak is memorable. People still remember and love Bad Romance and Poker Face. Katy might have more number ones, but I bet anyone who's not a stan or a close follower of pop music would be able to name all, or even most, of them. 

Gaga will be remembered because she took risks and did what she wanted (no pun intended), even if it was the unpopular choice. Even if she never gets another number one, she'll still be remembered. 

This. 

although it may seem like right now in this moment Katy and Miley have the same shot as her, that's really not true.

Gaga has impacted the world of fashion and attracted the attention of several different genres. And she's besties with so many other legends.

People were saying the same thing in the early 90s when Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Paula Abdul were all more popular than Madonna, and look what happened. 

Gaga may not be the most successful artist right now, but what she's done at her peak is memorable. People still remember and love Bad Romance and Poker Face. Katy might have more number ones, but I bet anyone who's not a stan or a close follower of pop music would be able to name all, or even most, of them. 

Gaga will be remembered because she took risks and did what she wanted (no pun intended), even if it was the unpopular choice. Even if she never gets another number one, she'll still be remembered.

this

She will undoubtedly be remembered, but Madonna consistently put out chart topping songs through the 90s. If Gaga quit making music for the charts I think her career is too young to boost her into legendary status. She'll be the Kylie Minogue or Cyndi Lauper of our time rather than the Madonna or Elvis. 

I hope this era is just an off period, because I love when Gaga is on top. Her attitude was so alluring and cheeky- and she was this larger than life juggernaut of pop culture. I wish she could balance more of her vision and number one hits. She is capable of it, I think she is just going through a phase. 

although it may seem like right now in this moment Katy and Miley have the same shot as her, that's really not true.

Gaga has impacted the world of fashion and attracted the attention of several different genres. And she's besties with so many other legends.

this

Pop culture is also changing at a more rapid pace than ever, making it very hard to have relevancy without a constant single or hit in the public eye, so unless she still manages to keep putting out chart toppers in the future I don't think she will be as much of a legend as we would all hope. If she keeps putting out more ARTPOP type albums and less TF/TFM I would really doubt she can manage it. I love ARTPOP, but it is not very attractive to the GP.

Ladle Ghoulash

She's already a legend. Her cultural impact is INCREDIBLE, especially considering that she's only really been a prominent pop culture figure for...5, almost 6 years? 

She's influenced what we expect sonically, visually and personality-wise for artists nowadays. She certainly has changed the game. 21st century pop was VERY different before her (and, imho, much less interesting).

Yes she will.  She's kind of already considered one by some. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Interlude

She already is a legend but I think she can up it even further with the next album (after Act 2) I don't see her doing it with ARTPOP, it had its chance but it passed now

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

GagaMyBlood95

Most likely, she pretty much already is. We won't really know until she's old though.

I would agree with this!

Archived