Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ongoing petition to ban Katy Perry's Dark Horse from YouTube (UPDATED)

Ascetic

Featured Posts

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ascetic

• GHGUY

• PopReaper

• craig

NewYorkCity

Doesn't mean it isn't dumb.

what would be dumb is to let that video trascend in Pop history. We have to delet it for the good of our world, and act like that never happened.

I hate Katy Perry but I'm not with this. Let's be honest, I doubt more than 10% on that petition is caring about respecting a religion, SPECIALLY since it's not christianism. People are only signing it because they don't like her and don't like the video. That's being pressed. I dislike her, I disliked the video, but I won't take part in this just because my fave can't get as many views as her.

Also, I didn't see this as disrespect, the guy wasn't burnt because he worshipped Allah, but because he didn't win her heart. They probably didn't even know what that pendant meant, they just used it because it felt very egypt-ish. I doubt it was intentional.

what would be dumb is to let that video trascend in Pop history. We have to delet it for the good of our world, and act like that never happened.

How immature

Edited by Dylan

HarryTheNight

not signing cause cbf i dont care that much the video sucks i just wont watch it again lol. but why does the target keep getting reached then they keep putting the target up? stupid tbh

I hate Katy Perry but I'm not with this. Let's be honest, I doubt more than 10% on that petition is caring about respecting a religion, SPECIALLY since it's not christianism. People are only signing it because they don't like her and don't like the video. That's being pressed. I dislike her, I disliked the video, but I won't take part in this just because my fave can't get as many views as her.

Also, I didn't see this as disrespect, the guy wasn't burnt because he worshipped Allah, but because he didn't win her heart. They probably didn't even know what that pendant meant, they just used it because it felt very egypt-ish. I doubt it was intentional.

A. It's Christianity not Christianism

B. The Islamic Allah is the same God as Christianity, so burning the necklace is basically burning God's name. It may only be forbidden in Islamic culture but some Christians may take offense to it.

C. If they just saw a cool looking necklace and wanted to put it in the video they should have still done their research and find out what that symbol meant before putting it in a video and let alone burn it.... That shows huge carelessness on KP and her team's part.

A. It's Christianity not Christianism

B. The Islamic Allah is the same God as Christianity, so burning the necklace is basically burning God's name. It may only be forbidden in Islamic culture but some Christians may take offense to it.

C. If they just saw a cool looking necklace and wanted to put it in the video they should have still done their research and find out what that symbol meant before putting it in a video and let alone burn it.... That shows huge carelessness on KP and her team's part.

A. English is not my mother language, it's called "Cristianismo" in Portuguese so it's easy to get confused

B. You REALLY think there are a good ammount of christians worried about disrespect towards the islamic culture? That's really naive. The guy didn't even die because of any reason related to the necklace.

C. It's a Katy Perry video, you can't expect her team to worry about deep meanings, they just want things as 'cool' and 'generic' as possible.

AquaFire Witch

Katy Perry controverial?

:lmao:

Bless her heart, she tries!

Edited by bombshell2nite

But he's wearing the necklace the whole time... Burning him (even if he doesn't show the necklace actually being burned) implies that it's still being burned... That whole scene needs to be removed

So now implied burning is offensive.

I guess any time there is implied s-x or swearing in a video or movie it should be banned the same as actual s-x or swearing.

A. English is not my mother language, it's called "Cristianismo" in Portuguese so it's easy to get confused

B. You REALLY think there are a good ammount of christians worried about disrespect towards the islamic culture? That's really naive. The guy didn't even die because of any reason related to the necklace.

C. It's a Katy Perry video, you can't expect her team to worry about deep meanings, they just want things as 'cool' and 'generic' as possible.

A. I apologize I realize that was a bit harsh :hug:

B. I don't think it's naive to believe some Christians will get offended... Nonetheless I do feel the Muslims have legitimate reasons to be offended.

C. I honestly thing she should.... You don't understand what Something means then don't take the risk and put it in a video ... Otherwise be prepared for the backlash

I agree with the people saying that you shouldn't use symbols if you don't know what they mean. It reminds me of a documentary about Jessica Simpson in which she removed Chinese writing from a backdrop in her concert on the off chance it might say something offensive.

However, even if Katy did know the necklace was a symbol of Allah, it's not really an offensive scene. She burns the guy, and he happens to be wearing the necklace. And let's be real, nobody would care if he were wearing a cross, just like nobody cared when Gaga swallowed a rosary.