Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why was 'The Fame' pitched?

Lobster Boy

Featured Posts

Lobster Boy

The album sees gaga's voice sound lighter, fluffier....radio friendly basically. Which I've probably answered my own question to, it had more appeal (than say, gaga's debut being the BTW album).

But every single track is very smooth and light in some way. The most noticeable being 'Paparazzi' I'd say.

I think this confused a lot of non-gaga fans or casual listeners because when 'the fame' came out in 2009 in the UK, when gaga was promoting it, she had a very deep voice (due to cigs probs) but in comparison to the album, it was a surprise.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Due to cigs? :spin:

I think it was a conscious decision. I kind of miss it, too. Now it seems like she is "singing normally" (still outstandingly, don't get me wrong) instead of giving it that little theatrical edge that The Fame had.

RichAssPiss

I don't think it's pitched. It's culled from a number of different recording sessions when Gaga was very young and still finding herself. A lot of the tracks like "Paparazzi" (from earlier Rob Fusari sessions) have a different vocal style. She really seemed to settle into her comfortable, deeper singing style on songs like "Just Dance" when she finally set up shop with RedOne and laid down the singles for the album. "Summerboy" always sounds basically unrecognizable to me as Gaga. Very Gwen Stefani.

Desperado

Due to cigs? :spin:

I think it was a conscious decision. I kind of miss it, too. Now it seems like she is "singing normally" (still outstandingly, don't get me wrong) instead of giving it that little theatrical edge that The Fame had.

but Dope, Gypsy and Applause arent sing in a normal way lol 

Her label probably wanted it to be GP friendly... it being her debut album and all... imo

guess whos up in this bitch

Didymus

but Dope, Gypsy and Applause arent sing in a normal way lol 

What I mean is, her other songs seem to use Gaga's "natural voice" instead of manipulating it into the weird sound that was her voice on The Fame ;)

djBuffoon

This is part of why I wasn't sold on her at the beginning. Every track had a very different vocal style, to the point of being indistinguishable. With her more recent albums, although she does bend genres as much as ever, it still sounds unmistakably like her.

I've come to realize recently that I just don't care for her early work. She's really carved out a niche for herself.

Lobster Boy

Gaga's singing voice around 2009 was VERY deep, very hoarse and harsh BUT having said that, I really loved it, she used to really go for it in her live performances and if she broke midway during a high note then she rode it ('fooled me again' acoustic most noticable).

Her speaking voice around that time was very husky too, it was fags and d--gs i guess LOL.

Because around the time of TFM, it was more clearer and...well now she's really clear. Quite a transformation actually.

Weasel

I think they were just recorded far in advance. Didn't she perform Disco Heaven in 2007 on Lollapalooza? 

She used to sing like that in the beginning of her career, you can even sort out unreleased songs as pre-TFM and after-TFM just by her pitch.

I miss it, wish she would do some songs like that again. Paparazzi is amazing

Didn't they say they tried to emulate Gwen Stefani in The Fame? I think by the time TFM Came she wanted to develop her own artistic voice

It's not pitched, it's just the way she used to sing. As she has gotten further into her career her voice has became rougher and heavier.

Archived