Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

KP's Dark Horse music video reminds me why she'll never be Gaga

GHGUY

Featured Posts

Electric Phire

i think it's misguided to think that every artist out there is aspiring to be or emulate gaga and gaga's career model. she'll never be gaga because she is katy perry.

This, although that music video was sub par at best

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

Katy is already the Female MJ, she doesn't need to downgrade to being Gaga

1gm5gj.jpg

8txt.png

The real Female MJ says hello

shaneybaby

i kind of liked the video a lot lol sorry, i mean i love gaga way more and im sure i will enjoy her new video 100x more bc just seeing her makes me excited but it was a fun video i think. 

Cameltoe Chariot

At least Katy's putting videos out on time and promoting her damn album, meanwhile Gaga has done NOTHING for six months except perform a non-single on TV.

I'm not a fan of Katy, I've loved Gaga since day one, but if you want to start comparing the two and trying to make Katy out to look like a mindless plastic pop star with no talent you need to get your head checked. Katy has stayed relevant for years, she's had one of the most successful eras of her career so far, and she works her ass off. Meanwhile our precious Gaga has devoted her time to undoing everything she built with her first two releases by doing NOTHING but complain, make desperate pleas with her fans for support/sales, and blame other people for her failures.

I love Gaga, but it's TIME TO FACE THE FACTS.

LostBoyfriend

Even at the height of her career she released BTW which again worked towards a cause of equal rights for not just LGBT community but anyone who felt disenfranchised (yes, I said it) when she could have released something like TF or TFM and remained popular for the GP trying to spark change in society

On top of that her music videos (even TEOG) are always well thought out and have an artistic integrity to them that never errs on tacky or cheap, unlike music videos like Katy Perry's Dark Horse that had no artistic message that quite frankly ruined Ancient Egyptian culture and mythology for me. 

Therefore, I think that Gaga should be proud that she never sold out to the GP just for popularity and sales and instead worked towards something bigger, even if it took a hit in her popularity with the GP. Anyone else agree? Sorry about this wordy post. 

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

MJHolland

One of the most spot-on posts in a long, long time.

Also, watching the video, there is maybe 5 seconds worth of actual choreography. Such a missed opportunity tbh!

Archived