Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

KP's Dark Horse music video reminds me why she'll never be Gaga

GHGUY

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i was just learning about gaga for the first time i would definitely not know she stands for online kindness considering you all are being so harsh about katy right now  :noparty: she would be so disappointed.. 

i'm personally not a fan of katy perry, but i think what she tries to do is just have fun. the video is very colorful and cute-like, it seems like it was aimed for a certain audience. gaga and katy are not alike and never will be, so why compare them? they're in separate leagues, and you guys should just leave katy alone and let her do what she does. you guys don't like any other fanbase including katycats saying things like this about gaga..

Except that she told fans to buy as many versions of the same single as they could, and prove it with the receipts, for which she would give the winner a prize. I'm sorry, but as much as I love Gaga, she has stooped very low in the past. She is a much better artist than all those girls you mentioned, and she produces much better quality material overall, but I'm just trying to keep a little perspective here: she clearly does care about the bling/sales/charts as much as the music. 

This. Let's not forget Gaga also released a remix with Rick Ross (Katy used to do this and everyone bashed her around it), also, DWUW is the second time she made a song single just because it sold well (funny both times had messy video situations). I agree where you say Katy isn't an artist and everything else but I'm not really into using it to make Gaga look like a supreme artist, because she also cares for the money honey.

Also, in the end you compare Dark Horse with Alejandro, why not compare Firework with The Edge of Glory? Or Wide Awake with Lovegame?

she is too childish tbh

that's why she'll never be taken seriously

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Ladey Gagz

Why would Katy want to be Gaga :shrug: And Katy work is for fun and to be taken less seriously. She makes her things considering a good portion of her audience is young people/children

chrismugler

Gaga is legendary, Katy is just an average pop star :ohwell: I like the song but the video is pointless and boring. I love the way some of her videos shows her funny side but I also think it's time to move forward and be a little bit more "dark"

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Illuminati Freak

I really don't like Katy at all she's not my cup of tea but this thread is pointless. Like someone else said why do you care if other people say Katy is replacing Gaga as a force in pop culture. They are two completely different artists theres room for everyone & both women love to pimp out their sh*t for sales end of story. Thats the name of the game hun to move records and there's nothing wrong with doing it. 

Just saw her video. It's really, really bad.

I completely agree with the OP. Nothing but the truth. I just hope more monsters see things this way, trust and appreciate Gaga, and stop comparing her to Katy, etc.

Archived