Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

KP's Dark Horse music video reminds me why she'll never be Gaga

GHGUY

Featured Posts

True tbh. I liked the video, but it was mediocre for some reason. Nothing too great. It was pretty with all the jewels and pink pyramid but it lacked any change is scenery and was trying too hard IMO. :emma:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThisGuyTony

On top of that her music videos (even TEOG) are always well thought out and have an artistic integrity to them that never errs on tacky or cheap, unlike music videos like Katy Perry's Dark Horse that had no artistic message that quite frankly ruined Ancient Egyptian culture and mythology for me.

Well, I don't like the "Dark Horse" song or video but that's just ONE Katy song and video to try and make an argument that she has no "artistic message."

The "Wide Awake" song and video are definitely artistic. "E.T." has some great visuals. "Firework" has some empowering visual themes in it...

Except that she told fans to buy as many versions of the same single as they could, and prove it with the receipts, for which she would give the winner a prize. I'm sorry, but as much as I love Gaga, she has stooped very low in the past. She is a much better artist than all those girls you mentioned, and she produces much better quality material overall, but I'm just trying to keep a little perspective here: she clearly does care about the bling/sales/charts as much as the music. 

While I agree that Gaga has stooped low a few times encourage fans to buy her sales... its nowhere near the level of other artists who go through even cheaper measures for sales (aka Katy Perry who rented a rapper for all her TD singles to be #1)

"it was so cheap and tacky that it was torture watching it the first time"

then stop watching it

i didn't like it but come on

i think it's misguided to think that every artist out there is aspiring to be or emulate gaga and gaga's career model. she'll never be gaga because she is katy perry.

:tea:

VforVendetta

I can't believe that there are actually people that Stan for Katy Perry. :eww: I would be ashamed of myself. :Eww:

Katy is already the Female MJ, she doesn't need to downgrade to being Gaga

1gm5gj.jpg

But seriously, I don't see what's wrong with doing a fun and carefree video. Not everything has to have some deep and meaningful message that no one understands. Katy is a POP star and she is a damn good one at that. She never claimed to be some highbrow artist that's trying to fuse art and pop with Marina Koons, so why should her work be held to that standard?

And lets be real here, 90% of this forum would have called the Dark Horse video tacky and childish regardless of what Katy did.

I am not sure if this is still true now, but at one point in time almost everyone was trying to emulate Gaga.

i think it's misguided to think that every artist out there is aspiring to be or emulate gaga and gaga's career model. she'll never be gaga because she is katy perry.

Allison M

honestly, I didn't even finish watching that video...

I was just thinking about this today though. Gaga's videos have so much impact, but Katy's are just... meh. There isn't one that stands out above the other stars imo. 

Well Gaga videos>>>>>Katy videos in my opinion but I enjoyed the video I thought it was cute :)

VforVendetta

Katy is already the Female MJ, she doesn't need to downgrade to being Gaga

1gm5gj.jpg

But seriously, I don't see what's wrong with doing a fun and carefree video. Not everything has to have some deep and meaningful message that no one understands. Katy is a POP star and she is a damn good one at that. She never claimed to be some highbrow artist that's trying to fuse art and pop with Marina Koons, so why should her work be held to that standard?

And lets be real here, 90% of this forum would have called the Dark Horse video tacky and childish regardless of what Katy did.

Unconditionaly was a simple video. This is a bull****. Seriously, its cheap, ridiculous, tasteless and plastic. I find it funny that Katy isn't ashamed or herself. Honestly and objectively, its one ot the worst videos I've ever seen.

Well, I don't like the "Dark Horse" song or video but that's just ONE Katy song and video to try and make an argument that she has no "artistic message."

The "Wide Awake" song and video are definitely artistic. "E.T." has some great visuals. "Firework" has some empowering visual themes in it...

I didn't say every KP video., I said videos such as DH.. Firework was actually a great video. But KP being "so popular" should put out better work than this at this point in her career

Archived