Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Not a joke: In the industry/GP mindset, did katy perry replace lady G?

leoj

Featured Posts

Katy will never be regarded as talented by her peers and other legends.... just a cheap sell out with forgettable songs... the only memorable song of hers is Firework for meย 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Art

Gaga is Gaga, and Katy is Katy. One is not the other.

ย 

If I must be honest though, what exactly has Katy done to cause even half as much of a stir as Gaga did? Katy has plenty of hits, but, being as objective as I possibly can, she has yet to do anything memorable other than have hit songs. She'll be remembered, if only for her hits, but Gaga caused movements and moments in pop culture along with having hit songs. Katy has yet to replicate that in my opinion. (I did not mean to be shady by this at all.)

No. Katy will never gross the amount Gaga can touring, will never have the ability to write a #1 single without 6 additional writers, hasn't developed choreography, and follows her label blindly. Bonnie McKee is coming for her weave, bookmark me. That girl is going to churn out more hits than you'll be able to count. By that time, Katy will be in the same position as Gaga is now, and Gaga will have evolved. Katy has yet to do that.

notice... what I said.. in the GP's eyes, not in our eyes..

ย 

obviously katy is nothing without luke and maybe mckee(since she wrote most of katy's big hits).. and katy doesn't have the performance of an artist like gaga does.. because it isn't her that she is expressing, she is expressing the industry's blue print crap of pop music..

Morphine Prince

Read what I am about to type and make it clear in your head:

Katy has never, is not, and will NEVER EVER reach the standards Gaga is on.

I agree with Gaga being WAY WAY LESS dramatic. But I KNEW she was going to be like that during ARTPOP, in order to make people feel nostalgia about her theatrical sometimes-over-the-top antics so they need them back in showbiz. Not only fans but everyone in the audience.

ย 

She needs to get rid a bit of the excessive weird-outfit-shocking-performance days for a while, it would be exhausting for anyone to watch her do that over and over again year by year. The shock value would be lost.

No. Katy will never gross the amount Gaga can touring, will never have the ability to write a #1 single without 6 additional writers, hasn't developed choreography, and follows her label blindly. Bonnie McKee is coming for her weave, bookmark me. That girl is going to churn out more hits than you'll be able to count. By that time, Katy will be in the same position as Gaga is now, and Gaga will have evolved. Katy has yet to do that.

ย 

Proofs that Boonie will be bigger than her? I don't think she will given the fact that she flopped last year...ย 

FGGrayson

I dont think Kety replaced Gagz, but Katy knows how to do it tbh

๐—Ÿ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐˜† ๐—š๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ โ€ข ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜† ๐— ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ โ€ข ๐—ฆ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฒ-๐—˜๐—น๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜…๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ โ€ข ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป

I think that if Katy gets 30 more number ones in her career and Gaga never gets another, Lady Gaga will still be Lady Gaga. People are starting to appreciate her risk taking a little bit. Her talent as a performer distinguishes her from her peers as well. When Gaga was huge back in 2009-2011/2012, it wasn't just because of the new sound and ideas she brought with her; it was more than that. She also brought back a type of stage charisma and persona that was reminiscent of the likes of Michael Jackson and Madonna. In addition, Gaga's hit songs are iconic (BR, PF, BTW, ect.) and are still enjoyed and remembered after a couple years after they were released.ย 

then why is the industry rejecting lady gaga and embracing katy perry?

ย 

the radio is owned... OWNED by katy perry.. she is one of, if not the biggest name in american radio to this day.. Dark horse and Roar are the biggest songs ever on pop radio ..

Proofs that Boonie will be bigger than her? I don't think she will given the fact that she flopped last year...ย 

Because people don't know who she is? Mckee is one of the biggest song writers in the industry.. she wrote most of katy's biggest songs

notice... what I said.. in the GP's eyes, not in our eyes..

obviously katy is nothing without luke and maybe mckee(since she wrote most of katy's big hits).. and katy doesn't have the performance of an artist like gaga does.. because it isn't her that she is expressing, she is expressing the industry's blue print crap of pop music..

So the answer is no, she never replaced Gaga, nor will she ever.

You've answered your own thread, lock this mods

I agree with Gaga being WAY WAY LESS dramatic. But I KNEW she was going to be like that during ARTPOP, in order to make people feel nostalgia about her theatrical sometimes-over-the-top antics and need them back. Not only fans but everyone in the audience.

but why is she trying to get people back? When she sold out STADIUMS for the first time in her career back in 2012... and in some of 2013????

ย 

You can maybe say that for the U.S... but why did she play victim.. at the start of this era.. when BORN THIS WAY and especially THE FAME was the OPPOSITE OF THAT.. ??

Gaga is Gaga, and Katy is Katy. One is not the other.

If I must be honest though, what exactly has Katy done to cause even half as much of a stir as Gaga did? Katy has plenty of hits, but, being as objective as I possibly can, she has yet to do anything memorable other than have hit songs. She'll be remembered, if only for her hits, but Gaga caused movements and moments in pop culture along with having hit songs. Katy has yet to replicate that in my opinion. (I did not mean to be shady by this at all.)

I Stan for both of them, and I agree with this. Katy hasn't done the same things as Gaga when it comes to impact of influence. What people like about Katy is how human she is. She is easily the most relatable singer right now and people are drawn to it.

And, I know a lot of fans here don't like this, Katy has something really unique about her that sets her apart from Kesha/Rihanna/Nicki/Britney. Her and Gaga both have that star quality about them, which is why they're the two that are pitted together constantly.

JustPokeHerFace

then why is the industry rejecting lady gaga and embracing katy perry?

ย 

the radio is owned... OWNED by katy perry.. she is one of, if not the biggest name in american radio to this day.. Dark horse and Roar are the biggest songs ever on pop radio ..

Yes, currently, pop radio is owned by Katy Perry. That is 100% fact. However, having a large presence on radio won't get you remembered as a legend. All artists get accepted and later rejected by the industry. What makes an entertainer a legend is what they did when they were recognized and how they came back while being rejected.ย 

Archived