Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Why do people like RedOne so much

Ascetic

Featured Posts

Because everyone here only cares about going #1 and if it's not a hit then it's sh*t doesn't matter how deep the lyrics are how original the sound is, how creative the song is, it only matters if it sells and if it's catchy

But hey, we all have different things to measure music quality so to each its own :ohwell:

Everyone is seemingly only proud to be a fan of Gaga when she's in the Top 10 and if she's not they tweet annoying things towards her and act like ****s.

Mods lock this thread before it gets messy tbh I can't stand some of the basic **** of people ITT :MANiCURE:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i'm not a big a fan of him, but his work with Gaga is always good. for some reason, that formula works... when it comes to other singers like J.Lo... the songs ending up sucking a bit imo :toofunga:

he also was the main producer for the album of a portuguese "singer", Cristiano Ronaldo sister :rip:

and it sounds like the basic productions he makes to J.Lo tbh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCFviFyxnkw

That sounds like low budget is the problem there. 

Latin music often incorporates the same beats and sounds from what I know.

This is perfect latin music from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpLthLlehTc

Most of RedOne's songs were hits. Do you have any idea why? No? Then take a walk. :classy:

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

giskardsb

he's not my favorite producer overall but it's not hard to see why people keep calling for Gaga to work with him again.

1) For many RedOne/Gaga is the combination of their favorite songs

2) For some they think that using RedOne again would automatically give her "hits" and reestablish their street cred in the stan world. Same reason a bunch of ( usually the same ) people keep wanting her to go back and work with all the same people as during her "slay" period.

Personally, I think Gaga was a necessary part of the RedOne/Gaga collaboration in order to bring a darker edge to RedOne's otherwise way too poppy productions.

Prometheus

Everyone is seemingly only proud to be a fan of Gaga when she's in the Top 10 and if she's not they tweet annoying things towards her and act like ****s.

Mods lock this thread before it gets messy tbh I can't stand some of the basic **** of people ITT :manicure:

Because Gaga is a pop star. I mean, I'm a fan of her regardless of charts, but she can't proclaim herself a pop star without decent hits.

It's like when she boasted that ARTPOP was the perfect blend of art and pop. Gaga, honey, you can't completely neglect the charts and still say something is "pop."

Most of RedOne's songs were hits. Do you have any idea why? No? Then take a walk. :classy:

I do, because they're basic :laughga:

Take a walk

Ladle Ghoulash

All of her producers just do the same thing over an over. At least Redone produced hits except for Judas, which was going to underperform regardless. That's why.

Yes, DJWS same thing every time

MANiCURE, Sexxx Dreams, J&D, Born This Way and Heavy Metal Lover are practically the same song, for christ's sake! :awkney:

Because it's safe and it's what they know.  I think a lot of people are afraid of taking chances. 

To his credit though, he and Gaga have created some brilliant work in the past. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Yes, DJWS same thing every time

MANiCURE, Sexxx Dreams, J&D, Born This Way and Heavy Metal Lover are practically the same song, for christ's sake! :awkney:

Well I agree. That's why having everything created by kids who only produce when they're taking a break from watching the Power Rangers is preferable.

Ladle Ghoulash

Well I agree. That's why having everything created by kids who only produce when they're taking a break from watching the Power Rangers is preferable.

I was being sarcastic. 

eamonster123

because he literally produced alll of her best hits + fan favorites

Bad Romance
Poker Face
Just Dance
Monster
So Happy I Could Die
Scheiße
etc.

I prefer him over djws

Little7Monster

As someone mentioned previously: he was made famous (mostly) due to his initial Gaga productions. Now that he's risen even higher, other artists have worked with him that many people deem mediocre, therefore "not good enough" for Gaga. But Gaga wouldn't use his productions if she didn't think they were good, so it's a poor excuse. He's done good work with Gaga, and none of his work with others has come close to theirs. I'd welcome another song with him to see if he can evolve the sound, but I think Gaga should expand her portfolio beyond mostly DJWS produced material. He's a great producer, but I think there are missed opportunities with the other people she's collaborated with. If he does some of his trap work with Gaga, that would be killer, but lately I've wished to hear more Zedd and Madeon tracks (to see their potential for ARTPOP). And I'd love if she brought back Fernando Garibay. 

VforVendetta

Yeah, just noticing that. But I also noticed there were two threads today trashing him.

I like him, but I have been a fan of his work since before Gaga. Anyone saying he can't produce hasn't listened to much of his actual work aside from the cheap, pity productions for unknown artists.

His latin music is perfection.

I think since RedOne uses a few of the same sounds people look down on his work, but Zedd is especially guilty of this. DJWS even.

I wasn't trashing him though. :MANiCURE:

As someone mentioned previously: he was made famous (mostly) due to his initial Gaga productions. Now that he's risen even higher, other artists have worked with him that many people deem mediocre, therefore "not good enough" for Gaga. But Gaga wouldn't use his productions if she didn't think they were good, so it's a poor excuse. He's done good work with Gaga, and none of his work with others has come close to theirs. I'd welcome another song with him to see if he can evolve the sound, but I think Gaga should expand her portfolio beyond mostly DJWS produced material. He's a great producer, but I think there are missed opportunities with the other people she's collaborated with. If he does some of his trap work with Gaga, that would be killer, but lately I've wished to hear more Zedd and Madeon tracks (to see their potential for ARTPOP). And I'd love if she brought back Fernando Garibay.

Madeon is needed

Pair him with the chill sounds of Nosaj Thing and that'll be an unstoppable production duo

Archived