Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Why do people like RedOne so much

Ascetic

Featured Posts

I find that it's just on this site tbh. Many of the monsters I follow on twitter don't really care too much for Red One. Granted he did make amazing songs with gaga, but she needs to grow and evolve. I also am a firm believer that Red One (alone) is trash but when in collaboration with Gaga is when the magic occurs

Personally, I think Gaga was a necessary part of the RedOne/Gaga collaboration in order to bring a darker edge to RedOne's otherwise way too poppy productions.

I agree. Gaga has always brought out the best in him. Not a fan of his other work.

Personally, I don't care which producers she works with as long as she's involved in the process herself & likes the result. That's why I'm not too upset that RedOne isn't really involved in her work anymore, even though he was a producer on some of my favorite Gaga songs.

My question is: How can you not like the only man who gave Gaga international hits?

He didn't "give" them to her though. They did that together.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AbuHassan1992

Especially on this site

I haven't heard a song of his that isn't an exact copy of his other ones

Even PF, JD, and BR are all the same song with different beats

Next Dr. Luke tbh :manicure:

dude what are you even talking about?

AbuHassan1992

It always bugged me that Boys Boys Boys, Money Honey, and Just Dance had the exact same beat pattern, but I digress.

He's a solid producer that happens to do excellent work with her, and he was exactly the right fit for her at the time she first arrived on the scene.

I would love it if they worked together again, but I was totally okay with him being left off of ARTPOP.

but they didn't....? what do you mean? beat pattern's not even a real term, unless you're talking about drum beats, but most of the fame is four ont he floor anyways, but these songs actually have different drum-patterns

djBuffoon

but they didn't....? what do you mean? beat pattern's not even a real term, unless you're talking about drum beats, but most of the fame is four ont he floor anyways, but these songs actually have different drum-patterns

Actually, yes it is the same pattern.

None of those three songs I named are 4-on-floor, correct. But they are all the same tempo (roughly 121 BPM), and follow the same percussive pattern as follows: (beat)(beat)(beat)(hit)(beat)(hit)(beat)(hit). Listen to them again, I'm not making this up lmao.

AbuHassan1992

None of those three songs I named are 4-on-floor, correct. But they are all the same tempo (roughly 121 BPM), and follow the same percussive pattern as follows: (beat)(beat)(beat)(hit)(beat)(hit)(beat)(hit). Listen to them again, I'm not making this up lmao.

you're right about that with money honey and boys, but isn't just dance kick-snare-kick-snare?

djBuffoon

you're right about that with money honey and boys, but isn't just dance kick-snare-kick-snare?

Nope, my hand is to God that it's the same: (kick)(kick)(kick)(snare)(kick)(snare), etc.

AbuHassan1992

Nope, my hand is to God that it's the same: (kick)(kick)(kick)(snare)(kick)(snare), etc.

for real? I have no idea what you think you're hearing

djBuffoon

for real? I have no idea what you think you're hearing

I'm hearing the reality of what RedOne and Gaga produced ;)  Listen to it again.

MonsterOfSpain

I didn't understand :ohno:

djBuffoon

I didn't understand :ohno:

when you listen to the percussion for "Just Dance", "Boys Boys Boys" and "Money Honey", they are identical. Not the songs, not the synth work, just the drums alone :)

AbuHassan1992

I'm hearing the reality of what RedOne and Gaga produced ;)  Listen to it again.

in just dance? are you talking about the hi-hats?

MonsterOfSpain

when you listen to the percussion for "Just Dance", "Boys Boys Boys" and "Money Honey", they are identical. Not the songs, not the synth work, just the drums alone :)

I don't know what the percussion is? I heard all three instrumentals and I can say the beats are similar, but I don't understand a lot about percussions and the components of a song tbh

djBuffoon

in just dance? are you talking about the hi-hats?

The hi-hats, the bass kick, the snare, etc.

I don't know what the percussion is? I heard all three instrumentals and I can say the beats are similar, but I don't understand a lot about percussions and the components of a song tbh

Percussion is all of the drum sounds that are used in the song :)

Computer

Poker Face, Bad Romance, Judas were supposed to be his trilogy.

When Judas didn't go number one he got fired.

Then he had to work for J Lo for a while.

But he came back and helped write Gypsy, he working his way back up.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Archived