Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

"I like this song more but this other song is a better single"

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(+_+)>o

Everytime there is discussion here about what Gaga should release as a single, many people say "I like this song more but this other song is a better single". But then what these people are really saying is "Hey, the GP doesn't have my same taste in music". So my question now is, how do you know the GP doesn't like the music that you like? I think that if you like a certain song more then another, then the members of the GP have the same chances of liking what you liked more than that other song. Is kind of like a 50/50 chance.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thinks it's kind of silly to speculate at all because no one could ever know what will do well? :shrug:

Desperado

i think people should've known that already lol, i mean everyone thought DWUW was a smash waiting to happen and it didnt do that great :/

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

I know that the GP & myself don't share music tastes because Taylor Swift sold 1.2 million of Red first week and Gaga sold 259k with ARTPOP. :coffee:

Well, this is basically what I am saying with this thread. And that is that know ones knows what the GP will like. You may think you know, but nothing is a given.

I just thinks it's kind of silly to speculate at all because no one could ever know what will do well? :shrug:

TimisaMonster
Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

If Gaga surveys the fans for their single pick. But most of them play "amateur A&R guy" and select whatever song they THINK will smash ... well. she might as well ignore us and listen to real professionals.

Like all the people backing MTN over Scheisse because they thought is was safer.

But the GP is something very broad. All this could mean is that the people that have your same taste don't like to buy music. Or the people that like someone like Taylor Swift, are very active in supporting their favorite artists.

Because I don't like what GP like most of the time, and they don't appreciate what I love the most.

I know that the GP & myself don't share music tastes because Taylor Swift sold 1.2 million of Red first week and Gaga sold 259k with ARTPOP. :coffee:

Gaga is Life

Let's take Venus and G.U.Y.. I like Venus better, but believe G.U.Y. is probably the better single choice. I find G.U.Y. safer, and that it's more likely to become a hit. This is because Venus is a little weird and crazy whereas G.U.Y. reminds me of Gaga's old hits. Yes I believe Venus can smash and the world loves it but I also feel it has a decent chance of flopping compared to G.U.Y. :)

We, being fans, are wiling to read into every line Gaga has written and to take every song as a real piece of art with a message and a story behind it, which make it easier for us to appreciate different songs and feel connected with those. The GP on the other hand... sees Gaga as pop-star, nothing more IMO. They have no time or sentiments with those songs like us, and they'll prefer the friendly-happy bop, as basic as it can be, instead of some darkerunusual sound. We are aware of that.

j7xnax.gif

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

But the GP is something very broad. All this could mean is that the people that have your same taste don't like to buy music. Or the people that like someone like Taylor Swift, are very active in supporting their favorite artists.

Well there you go.

If they are more active in supporting Taylor for her, in my opinion (not necessarily negative), basic singles, I'll want Gaga to choose the same for her to realise success with the GP.

WheresTheDoggo

Let's take Venus and G.U.Y.. I like Venus better, but believe G.U.Y. is probably the better single choice. I find G.U.Y. safer, and that it's more likely to become a hit. This is because Venus is a little weird and crazy whereas G.U.Y. reminds me of Gaga's old hits. Yes I believe Venus can smash and the world loves it but I also feel it has a decent chance of flopping compared to G.U.Y. :)

this

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

Archived