💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Star Wars ✴ Solo: A Star Wars Story (OUT NOW)

bionic

Featured Posts

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

I watched it. :giveup:

T'was such an amazing films isn't it?

Action packed from start to finish.

It was everything I hoped for and more!

And one particular part makes me sad though but everyone have been speculating it, it still saddening to me, though in my mind I still think that is not really happening. :(

I cannot wait for the sequel, man!

Seems like it going to be business!

Avenge ha!!  :grr::grr:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
14 hours ago, bionic said:

Literally what was the point of 

Reveal hidden contents

Gwendaline Christie's character???

Truth, thought there was going to be more than that :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bionic
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Truth, thought there was going to be more than that :laughga:

I was soooooooooo happy with Kylo Ren but the rest of the baddies were a bit shit. Supreme Leader Snape was disappointment.

Spoiler

Is Lupita's character (the little orange barwoman) alive? I thought I saw her get shot dead during the battle but my brother insist that she's alive

buy bionic

2 hours ago, bionic said:

I was soooooooooo happy with Kylo Ren but the rest of the baddies were a bit ****. Supreme Leader Snape was disappointment.

Reveal hidden contents

Is Lupita's character (the little orange barwoman) alive? I thought I saw her get shot dead during the battle but my brother insist that she's alive

Is that the redhead from About Time? If so I liked him. It was super weird seeing him in that role. What I didn't like was Andy Serkis. At all. For a movie that prides itself on practical effects and real sets, that's was the fakest looking thing ever I mean, even the holograms in the prequels looked more real. 

I think she is still alive and is going to be some sort of Yoda-like figure thought the movies. I thought there are a lot of echoes to the dynamics and characters of the OT and I don't think it was by accident. 

who will love me when the night is over

bionic
1 hour ago, Spock said:

Is that the redhead from About Time? If so I liked him. It was super weird seeing him in that role. What I didn't like was Andy Serkis. At all. For a movie that prides itself on practical effects and real sets, that's was the fakest looking thing ever I mean, even the holograms in the prequels looked more real. 

I think she is still alive and is going to be some sort of Yoda-like figure thought the movies. I thought there are a lot of echoes to the dynamics and characters of the OT and I don't think it was by accident. 

um... Kylo Ren is the main bad guy :awkney: 

your guy is General Hux

Spoiler

both who lived

buy bionic

4 minutes ago, bionic said:

um... Kylo Ren is the main bad guy :awkney: 

your guy is General Hux

Hide contents

both who lived

um I know. I was asking about the Supreme Leader :awkney: 

who will love me when the night is over

bionic
28 minutes ago, Sister said:

Is Yoda in this movie?

Yoda died in Episode 6, like 30 years ago.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

um I know. I was asking about the Supreme Leader :awkney: 

I misread your post :toofunny: Sorry Yes, that is the CGI guy :laughga: 

buy bionic

1 minute ago, bionic said:

Yoda died in Episode 6, like 30 years ago.

I misread your post :toofunny: Sorry Yes, that is the CGI guy :laughga: 

Yeah. I didn't know the time frame of this movie though.

Thank You for answering.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

bionic
Just now, Sister said:

Yeah. I didn't know the time frame of this movie though.

Thank You for answering.

This film is 30 (or so? I think?) years after Episode 6.

buy bionic

I hate to say it, but this movie didn't really do it for me. The nostalgia is nice but it's not a very creative or ambitious film, everything feels familiar and derivative. It also didn't really have the emotional weight it should have especially a pivotal scene in the last act. 

The set-pieces also don't measure up to previous films in scope, tension, or energy. Remember the slow build up to the death star assault? Or the intensity of the duel in Ep. 1? Nothing is at that level here. In fact the Lightsaber duel is actually filmed kind of poorly, in mostly close/medium where it's impossible to tell spatially what's happening. I also felt there was a lack of wow visuals or breathtaking shots, a staple of Star Wars. I feel Abrams is not much of a visionary and more of a working man, maybe he should go back to television.

One of the worst things though is that they coaxed a mediocre score out of genius John Williams. How do you do that? The man has been creating iconic music for over 40 years.

DanceInTheFlames

I think so many of these bad reviews are looking singularly at this movie but wholly at the original trilogy. If we were just talking about A New Hope, there is little character development, the story is good but a lot goes unexplained, the score is amazing, but was likely pretty meaningless to the masses until we got to the end of Jedi and realize how iconic those themes have become. I mean the Imperial March doesn't show up until Empire, so...  It's hard to review this movie without the full picture, but to say it was "bad" is harsh to me. You can't replicate what the original trilogy had because it was iconic, and was extraordinarily a part of many people's lives. 

I felt the movie had a good division between new and old. Yes, some parts were may have been a little derivative, but then again there are plenty of derivations in the other movies as well. Hell the whole final act of Jedi is almost identical to the final act of New Hope (minus the Darth vs Luke fight). 

zexion_armando
On 12/17/2015 at 2:36 PM, bionic said:

Literally what was the point of 

Reveal hidden contents

Gwendaline Christie's character???

To sell toys.

I just have to write it some place and this is my Home:

I am happy that I do not have to see this movie at theatres any longer. I loved the original first three that I had to see as a kid, but later, I did not like them or get excited about them. I only really love Yoda.

Just had to say it some where, while all of my friends are endlessly in line to see this movie again and again~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived