Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What if Gaga pulls a Britney and...

Martijn

Featured Posts

drinkmytears

Well, she already did it during Swinefest and artRAVE, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Only at specific moments, though. The Sexxx Dreams chorus for example.

Lip synching is different to backing track, something she has used since 2008

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I know the difference, honey :later:

Martijn

Yes, but when you hear 95% pre-recorded vocals and 5% live vocals, it's not very different from lip synching anymore...

drinkmytears

Yes, but when you hear 95% pre-recorded vocals and 5% live vocals, it's not very different from lip synching anymore...

yes it is. she isn't pretending that's her voice, she's singing along with recorded sounds to make it sound fuller

ItsTommyBitch

I dont think s-xxx dreams is too 'high" for her... maybe too hard to dance along with while keeping her vocals intact and not shaky at that high a register, but its not sung as airy-high as Paparazzi.

In swinefest/ArtRave she is definitely singing the chorus. You can hear it with good headphones.

Shes singing an octave lower on the "Damn you were in my s-x dreams" "Makin love in my s-x dreams" 

then at art rave sings the "Don't stop the party --- lets make it naughty, yeah. etc etc." She sings the bridge on the higher harmonics too... Same with Venus the last chorus --- i definitely think she could sing the entire chorus up an octave if she worked at it.

So... i dont think shes ever lip sync'd from what ive heard.. She doesnt try to when shes using playback or whatever during the chorus. Sometimes she stops to yell "Put your ****ing Hands up" or "Jump" etc etc interaction, then continues singing. I dont mind it, it lessens nothing for me. She's going to sing 90% of everything, and thats good enough for me.

Im used to listening to auxillary sort of acts where Live Singing isnt the "Main" focus of a live. Live music can be a live performance as well.. If it was like.. Gaga and a Piano, then hell yes, id expect live singing. I listen to certain japanese acts that don't sing live all of the time, but it really doesnt bother me at all, because their music is very technical and some of it cant be replicated live. If Gaga did it for a few songs, I wouldn't mind either... I mean her lives are called Balls for a reason :3 They aren't just her sitting still on a stage singing they are performances -- shes a performance artist. 

If she did the whole ARTPOP ball lip sync'd id be kind of sad. but id get over it and focus on the greatness of the concert. (Because if she was planning on lip syncing --- which she would never btw --- shed at least have the foresight to make the rest of the concert experience very captivating.)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Gaga is Life

It'd be a downer. After the last epic tours with her singing live, it'd feel cheap and like she can't be bothered to me. Although it wouldn't be the worst, I'm sure the show would still be epic :spin:

Electric Phire

I'd be furious, her voice is everything. She could stand on the stage in a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt for all I care so long as she sang the songs. I know she plays the backing vocals loud during most of the choruses and doesn't sing but when I've seen her in the past she didn't lip sync because she didn't pretend to be singing when she did that and I'd be furious if she did now. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived