Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What was the most unexpected ARTPOP song based on its title?

Quark

Featured Posts

MJH. I thought it would be a ballad. I thought Dope would sound something like MJH.

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

Fashion!

I was expecting some crazy song with a huge instrumental that was talking about designers and high fashion and was just really crazy.

Instead we got a really chilled song.

Or Gypsy and G.U.Y. I expected G.U.Y to be light and happier and Gypsy to be darker but nooooope...

I honestly thought Dope was gonna be a rap track. :lmao:

Ambrosia

I honestly thought Dope was gonna be a rap track. :lmao:

I can see that. 

Dope surprised me a bit too.  It's the song to counteract all the other songs about being high. 

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

theotherside

Dope- I thought it was gonna be like IWBWY and I didn't like that song at all. Instead we got a masterpiece. 

Aura- Originally thought to be Burqua so I just had a bad feeling that it was going to be terrible. But I stan HARD for the demo.

Gypsy- Expected something slower and not really good. It's good, but I think it would be better if it were slower and less noisy.

GUY- Honestly thought it was going to be a filler track, but ended up amazing.

Do what u want- This one threw me off the most, I think. I never expected an R&B type song.

Edit: I forgot about ARTPOP!!! I thought this would be the worse song on the album because of its title. How would a song like that work? But it slays my life now. Seriously one of the best songs on the album.

feelitinmybones

Dope. Probably because although I have been a fan since pokerface I wasn't as focused on Gaga for the past few months so I missed out on quite a few things. I honestly thought Dope was gonna be like Jewels n' Drugs :dead:

But Dope has to be one of my favourite songs from ARTPOP, even though not many people seem to agree :(

elijahfan

ARTPOP, definitely, and I'm sure this is true for many people. It's a bit like the Bloody Mary of the record - a sound that no one expected from Gaga.

GUY and ARTPOP honestly.

I expected GUY to be sorta boring (boy was I wrong, best song she's ever f*cking created :giveup:) and I expected ARTPOP to be more EDM and dancey, less psychadelic. Still love it though :party:

Computer

G.U.Y. because it the title was nonsense to me so I thought nothing of it. But the snippet slayed me so much and then I realized ARTPOP IS REAL.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Gracious Gaga

Also, Applause at first, obviously. After we got Aura demo, I thought it'd be a bigger song like Bad Romance.

♥ Kindness Police.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived