Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

8 Reasons Why G.U.Y. is Going to Slay

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

1. About a month after ARTPOP was released, a user on here took on the task of looking up the streaming stats for the songs. For those of you who do not know what Spotify is, it is a streaming song website/application that is somewhat like iTunes Radio or Pandora, but you pick the song. Spotify is mainly used by teenagers and other young people who do not buy music. Believe it or not the most streamed song off the album that was not a single or promo single was G.U.Y. That means that many young people found the song and listened to it by free choice. Yes Gypsy was the most bought non-single song on iTunes, but iTunes in some ways represents older demographics (no shade to iTunes as it is my main source of music at age 16). And plus, Adore You was chosen for that reason and that isn't going well.

2. It is fresh. Gaga has a completely clean canvas to create with this song during her "fresh start." What I mean is that it's one of the only songs on the album that have not seen any promo or performances for. It will feel new to all of us and therefore will exciting and unexpected to everyone.

3. It is produced by Zedd. Even though his name won't be credited, he has 2 songs that have charted extremely high on radio in the last few months which shows the GP's liking of his songs.

4. Gaga gonna make a killer video.

5. Gaga WANTS it to do well. Whether we like it or not, Gaga does want to make hit music. She will be more motivated than ever to make this song a hit because it is ARTPOP's final chance to stick and most importantly she wants to show Troy what she is truly capable of without his abuse of her schedule and career.

6. Gaga has time. Now with Troy gone, Gaga has all the time she wants to make a video and plan performances. If any of you doubt how big of a difference this will make, go back and watch what she can do with the same song rushed (DWUW on SNL :flop:) vs. not rushed (DWUW on the AMAS :legend:).

7. Apparently Gaga is planning "her biggest comeback since BTW." Read more about that here: http://gagadaily.com/index.php?showtopic=87471

8. MOST IMPORTANTLY, people say that Gaga needs to release Gypsy or MANiCURE because the radio isn't in to dance music anymore. WELL SIT DOWN. I AM TIRED OF HEARING THIS. Gaga became famous for crazy dance music like Just Dance, Poker Face, and Bad Romance. The Born This Way era shifted into a more electro-ballod style at least to the GP because of the singles. How many times did we hear that people wanted the Gaga from before Born This Way back? Back when Gaga was just making fun dance songs, even straight guys liked her music. She shouldn't release singles based off what the radio is currently playing because she did not become famous for playing it safe. She became famous for releasing crazy **** that was nothing like what was on the radio and always doing the unexpected. For all of these reasons, songs like G.U.Y., Venus, Aura, and Sexxx Dreams are the much better single choices.

NOW LAY BACK AND FEAST AS THIS SONG GUIDES OUR QUEEN BACK TO NUMBER ONE. :legend:

HOLD ON TO YOUR WEAVES MILEY AND KATY. GAGA'S COMING BACK. FOR REAL THIS TIME. :party:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, really its the best choice rn and it'll slay im sure

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

WheresTheDoggo

also Zedd is being promoted by MTV at the moment so its a great choice while they are promoting him

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

Marry the Night had 10 million reasons to be the biggest hit ever :manicure: I learnt to not expect anything :coffee:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived