Pain of fame1

124 members have voted

1. 1. MJH next single?

• Slaaaay #1
    • I'd love it to be the next one, maybe TOP #10
    • Flop

Featured Posts

HEARTHUNTER

People saying it would be a flop mess at you. It has a very strong potential in radio + GP (16 and +) + it sounds like single material so I wouldn't be surprised to see it come as a single. The video would be epic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

MJH would work as a single BUT she would need to release it and the video at the same time. I think a killer video would help people get into it more. I love it but it's not for everyone. So, a video with the release of the song....that could slay

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

I don't really see it happening. While the song's rhythm has everything that's necessary to be a hit, the rather explicit and d--g related lyrics might damage Gaga's image and scare people and ultimately under perform.

PatrickMonster

People saying it would be a flop mess at you. It has a very strong potential in radio + GP (16 and +) + it sounds like single material so I wouldn't be surprised to see it come as a single. The video would be epic.

do you really think a song about d--gs would be played on US radio?  :awkney:  :awkney:  :awkney:

That J

do you really think a song about d--gs would be played on US radio? :awkney::awkney::awkney:

Most songs now are about either s-x or d--gs or both. Hell, in the 90's classic rock artist Tom Petty had a HUGE hit with his single "Last Dance With Mary Jane"....idk what the difference would be.

PatrickMonster

Most songs now are about either s-x or d--gs or both. Hell, in the 90's classic rock artist Tom Petty had a HUGE hit with his single "Last Dance With Mary Jane"....idk what the difference would be.

Because it's Lady Gaga and the media would attack her for promoting d--gs. I remember when Bruno Mars' song Gorilla was sent out to the radios and parents complained that it's too s-xual. Gorilla then later became his first flop. Similar thing could happen because people overreact everything that has something to do with Gaga (remember Judas), so radio stations wouldn't risk to lose audience by playing MJH.

I think the comparison is not the best for this situation, because that was a rock song from an artist that people actually like and wouldn't offend the listeners. Also it peaked only at #14 so I dont think it was such a huge hit. Maybe the reason for this peak is the low radio AI, I dont know.

That J

Because it's Lady Gaga and the media would attack her for promoting d--gs. I remember when Bruno Mars' song Gorilla was sent out to the radios and parents complained that it's too s-xual. Gorilla then later became his first flop. Similar thing could happen because people overreact everything that has something to do with Gaga (remember Judas), so radio stations wouldn't risk to lose audience by playing MJH.

I think the comparison is not the best for this situation, because that was a rock song from an artist that people actually like and wouldn't offend the listeners. Also it peaked only at #14 so I dont think it was such a huge hit. Maybe the reason for this peak is the low radio AI, I dont know.

I get what you're saying and don't disagree per se...I just like the song and think with an epic video, it could work. Idk if it would top ten but I don't think it would flop either. To me, it's that epic risk taker on ARTPOP and at this point I'm here for a risk. ...I'm here for almost anything at this point tho. Lol. ;)

Even though it's in my personal top3 of the album I don't really think the public will like listening to a song about weed.  :redface:

Gaga is Life

I love the song. I would like it as a single, although Venus, G.U.Y. and Gypsy say hi move over I wanna be a single.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived