💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Forbes: Bangerz tour could learn from artRAVE (update on ticket sales)

Griffin

Featured Posts

Smooth Criminal

OMG! Thanks for posting this. I'm so happy to see how well artRAVE is doing. It's definitely going to be a total sell-out and a huge success.  :party:

And as far as Miley is concerned, I called it before, that I have huge doubts as to how well Miley will sell. And I guess I was right.

I don't see Miley as a big touring artist, she doesn't have that appeal. She should've gone for a smaller tour in smaller venues, like Selena Gomez.

Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour Could Learn A Thing Or Two From Lady Gaga's ARTPOP Tour

In summary, if Gaga has 85k~ tickets on secondary website, she'd have about 130k left overall which is great. 

So basically she has sold out 75%+ of the tour in a month and a half, with 4 months left on sale.  :worship:

This should be posted in the Entertainment section.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In summary, if Gaga has 85k~ tickets on secondary website, she'd have about 130k left overall which is great. 

So basically she has sold out 75%+ of the tour in a month and a half, with 4 months left on sale.  :worship:

Point for my dear Gagz  :classy:

Goes to show that Miley is nothing but a fabricated fad that media shoved down everyone's throats but to no avail.

You seriously were in my mind.. Totally agree

geopang

Goes to show that Miley is nothing but a fabricated fad that media shoved down everyone's throats but to no avail.

Can anybody explain me what is the secondary market ? Is that resales ?

Yeah, stubhub.com for example (afaik)

Seems like Miley's having the same problems Gaga had with the BTWBall in Latin America. Too high prices, too many reselling tickets for low prices available, not enough demand, too much hype. But with Miley, it's in arenas while with Gaga it was in stadiums.

thefamebitch

PREACH  :cry:  :party:  :hug:

You all pressed soul can have a seat.

Miley is a touring artist and has always been. Her shows always sell out in Europe, Australia, Asia and South America. She managed to sell more tickets than Katy/Gaga in SA so you all may have a seat before you speak. US has never been on her side, which this shows (too expensive though I agree)

But if anything you should all go and get some success!

MiMiMonsterx3

The biggest problem that effects the demand for Miley to perform shows is the public image that she has. She's turned into a d--g using, low class performer who needs to have overpriced tour tickets for sale to try to make up for the fact that she will struggle to sell them. I'm not saying she is a bad person. But when your in the spotlight like she is if the public does not like your actions it will effect the demand for your concert tickets.

Parents don't want to take their young kids who grew up watching Hanna Montana to see her because of her recent actions, these parents think she's completely inappropriate & who knows what crazy actions her concert will hold. So all those parents are telling their kids NO.

& There is no doubt Miley has lost some of her fan base through her choices. You have some who praise her actions & some who looked at her VMA performance, d--g use, & racy videos/picture & lost respect for her. 

There is no doubt she still has fans & is not going anywhere anytime soon. But over the past year Miley has had a great loss too. There was a lot of negative headlines about her over the past year, that I'm sure effected the demand to see her live. 

In my personal opinion, I think Miley had a opportunity to become a matured, respectable, talented performer. & she had everyone rooting for her to grow & succeed. But she chose to rebel & shove it down everyones throat that she is "no longer Hannah Montana" and "finally an adult" through slutty tactics, wearing skimpy clothes, doing d--gs, drinking etc. & while this makes her no different from many girls her age, when your asking for people to give you their hard earned money to see your show, the odds people will do that are lessened. Her image is totally effecting her ticket sales, because personally I think she makes good music & has talent. There isn't any reason why her tour shouldn't be successful, besides the fact that her public image is a bit shaky at the moment.

BUT, on a positive note after what seems to be a negative comment about Miley Cyrus...I do commend the fact that she doesn't make excuses, doesn't care about what haters say, remains emotionally unaffected from the negativity, and lives her life happily the way she chooses too. Most artist will fit the image that media & their fans want them to have. But like my Queen Gaga, she is not ashamed of who she is & will never give up who she wants to be to make other people happy. That is a quality thats hard to find. I really hope Miley does succeed because she's talented & makes good music but it looks like (at least in the US) this tour will be a rough seller.

Just by general opinion of friends that aren't super-fans... It seems that people would rather see Gaga. There's a stigma to her performances and being live that people would pay for. Sure they may not care for all of the music, but her shows aren't seen as just a concert. People know that there is quality work and insane amounts of effort put into her tours. Miley hasn't established herself in this light, and people may be apprehensive to see her because they don't want to spend, at minimum, $86 to watch her grind up on the stage equipment.

JusticeforVenus

Gaga does not live for the money... she lives for the Applause....

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

bumblebee

You all pressed soul can have a seat.

Miley is a touring artist and has always been. Her shows always sell out in Europe, Australia, Asia and South America. She managed to sell more tickets than Katy/Gaga in SA so you all may have a seat before you speak. US has never been on her side, which this shows (too expensive though I agree)

But if anything you should all go and get some success!

nobody has been aggressive towards you honey, why do you intend to be so rude and shady?

surely Miley is a touring artist, since this is already her fourth concert tour and her average gross has never been lower than $700,000 - that's amazing!

Moreover, I think the article should focus more on the strategy of the touring companies that represent both artists rather than on the artists themselves. It's clear that Miley's company was setting the prices so high due to overwhelming media exposure she has been receiving recently, but for some reason it's not working yet, there's a clear dissonance between her publicity and ticket sales. Gaga's team is pulling a Taylor Swift and aiming to make the shows as,accessible as possible: I've already seen people on this forum buy 3 or even four tickets for her show.

although I believe the article is,pretty much obvious: it's basic demand law, the higher the price, the less people are ready to pay. that's a business magazine though and their key business idea about it all was that instead of having chosen a mild ticket price strategy (maybe not as mild as the one of Gaga) which would ensure the sellouts, they've gone aggressive and now the sellout is questionable.

US has never been on her side, which this shows (too expensive though I agree)

US has always been her best market, because her fame is based on a Disney show.

djBuffoon

Just by general opinion of friends that aren't super-fans... It seems that people would rather see Gaga. There's a stigma to her performances and being live that people would pay for. Sure they may not care for all of the music, but her shows aren't seen as just a concert. People know that there is quality work and insane amounts of effort put into her tours. Miley hasn't established herself in this light, and people may be apprehensive to see her because they don't want to spend, at minimum, $86 to watch her grind up on the stage equipment.

Archived