💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Why Didn't They 'Milk' The Fame Monster Era?

Pop Art

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I overplayed The Fame by the time we got The Fame Monster (One year later) and 3 more singles from an EP (better than the first album) were too much for an "era" I guess. Three singles from an 8-track album were perfect, and the amount of success that it had was amazing.

Although, in my opinion, Monster instead of Telephone would've been a better single, but I'm only glad they didn't release Dance In The Dark because it'd have been raped by the radio.

And, of course, she had to take a break so she could work on Born This Way, and the wait was well worth it. She was ready to move on to something new.

I'm happy they didn't "milk" The Fame and The Fame Monster, not everything is about exposing as much as you can an artist or their music for commercial success (Teenage Dream). I'd have been sick of Gaga by now.

Because Making It Longer Would Have Made No Room For BTW, Gaga's Best Album To Date....

Exactly.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like mentioned above, I think she was really anxious to move on to BTW and maybe she just wanted to respect the art and stop when she was ahead. I still think DITD would have been an iconic smash (I know many don't agree but I still believe this), but honestly I'm content being able to keep some of those songs on the album and just imagining what their videos might've looked like, etc. Monster's sacred also in my opinion, so I don't mind that it didn't become a single, haha..

...in short I think they made the right decision. :emma: One more single might have been nice though, I suppose.

aaronyoji

are you kidding? they milked the tits off of it. it was an 8 track EP with only half of the material actually interesting, which is to be expected, no one is gonna objectively like every single song, but it was expanded to gargantuan proportions.

had she gone longer with that half tank of gas, the public wouldve gotten tired of it and born this way wouldnt have been so successful due to her it girl status rubbing off. she isnt katy perry, she can't just milk half assed material that the public will swallow for long digestions of time because gaga isnt always beloved by the public with every thing she does. 

I overplayed The Fame by the time we got The Fame Monster (One year later) and 3 more singles from an EP (better than the first album) were too much for an "era" I guess. Three singles from an 8-track album were perfect, and the amount of success that it had was amazing.

Although, in my opinion, Monster instead of Telephone would've been a better single, but I'm only glad they didn't release Dance In The Dark because it'd have been raped by the radio.

And, of course, she had to take a break so she could work on Born This Way, and the wait was well worth it. She was ready to move on to something new.

I'm happy they didn't "milk" The Fame and The Fame Monster, not everything is about exposing as much as you can an artist or their music for commercial success (Teenage Dream). I'd have been sick of Gaga by now.

Exactly.

:clap: :clap: i agree with all of this. 

Maybe, but BTW sold a lot more and was a bigger seller.

Industry knows the 5th single is harder than the 4th than the 3rd than the 2nd than the 1st. 

And albums make more money than another single.

you do know that the only reason BTW had sold this much was because of the huge hype gaga did in The Fame Monster and the performances right before it.

If Gaga's dbeut album was Born This Way, i feel like gaga would have MAX sold 2M in the best cases

i completely disagree. Although i love Monster, Telephone is obviously the best single choice and Dance In The Dark would do good on radio or at least a radio edit of it

I think it was perfect just how it was, even though Monster would've been a great single & I would've loved a video for Dance In the Dark...but every single went Top 5 on Billboard :legend: Shorter album, fewer singles imo.

I think she was really excited about BTW (the song, the album, and the message) and was ready to get onto that. I assume she knew at the time that she could basically release eight singles from that album if she wanted, though let's not whitewash history: by the time the Alejandro video came out, yeah people still loved TFM (of course) but part of them was like "okay, new music please!"

This too...

Because every night at the Monster Ball she told us to be proud of who we were, and none of her songs back then had this message. Her "born this way" message started waaaay back before the album was announced.

If she didn't release BTW around then people would have thought she was all talk and wasn't brave enough to put her money where her mouth is.

RichAssPiss

Leave Interscope alone on this one. We all know Gaga was pushing to pop Born This Way out. She kept saying it was done months before the release. Interscope made her wait until May so that she could wrap The Monster Ball and promote it properly. She announced the title all the way back at the VMAs! She put the single out almost 4 whole months before the album. She didn't even take a break from the tour. I think Interscope would have loved a fourth single and probably would have preferred to push the album back to Fall (the desirable "fourth quarter" when most major releases drop). Gaga was desperate to birth her baby. Also, comparing it to Teenage Dream is inaccurate. The Fame Monster was already a re-release of The Fame. It WAS the way of extending that moment in her career. To extend that further...a re-release of a re-release would be silly.

ryhanna

If you remember back at the time, Gaga was working pretty heavily on Born This Way, and she was really really excited about it even early on. She probably wanted to focus on working on Born This Way as much as possible rather than working on the album, touring AND promoting a new single from an album that wasn't her main priority at the time. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived