💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Didn't They 'Milk' The Fame Monster Era?

Pop Art

Featured Posts

Pop Art

As much as I dislike Teenage Dream by Katy Perry, I must say, it was arguably a smart decision for her label to keep the era going for so long. It was obvious early on that it would be a lucrative era, so it would make sense for them to try to attain all the success they could get. So my question is, why do you think Gaga didn't try to get more out of The Fame Monster? (I understand that none of the singles that were released went #1 like Katy's did, but in all honesty, I think that for all the #1's Katy got off of Teenage Dream, Gaga still caused more of a splash with three singles peaking at #2, #3, and #5 in the US, respectively. Perhaps I'm biased, but I don't remember Katy being as talked about in the Teenage Dream era as Gaga was during The Fame Monster era.) She could have had another single or two (my guess would be Monster and Dance In The Dark), and her name alone would have almost guaranteed anything she released a spot in the Top 10. Plus, an extended era would have led to more notoriety and obviously higher album sales. One could argue that extending the era could have quickly led to overexposure, but I think that if she focused on only doing one or two performances for any further singles - kind of like what she did for Telephone and Alejandro - and the music video as promotion, she would have been fine in that respect.  Discuss.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreenEyes

They could of done Monster, but eh, it is fine that they didn't. 

TFM will always be an iconic era in pop music. :legend: 

PoshLife

I think she was really excited about BTW (the song, the album, and the message) and was ready to get onto that. I assume she knew at the time that she could basically release eight singles from that album if she wanted, though let's not whitewash history: by the time the Alejandro video came out, yeah people still loved TFM (of course) but part of them was like "okay, new music please!"

bc she was writing Born This Way?

you guys really cant wrapped your minds around the fact that not everything is about commercial success, can you?

Electric Venus

she wanted to move onto born this way as quickly as possible :ohwell:

literally every on the album had hit written all over it though :MANiCURE:

Givewaytopeds

Maybe, but BTW sold a lot more and was a bigger seller.

Industry knows the 5th single is harder than the 4th than the 3rd than the 2nd than the 1st. 

And albums make more money than another single.

BritneysPinkWig

They totally should have milked it, Gags was in her prime and every song on TFM would have slated as a single

MonsterJay

I think its because she became alittle overexposed (alittle less she did in during BTW though).
So they just stopped after Alejandro

Pop Art

you guys really cant wrapped your minds around the fact that not everything is about commercial success, can you?

You're right, success is certainly most not everything, but you have to realize and admit it's importance, especially in pop music, and especially for an artist as famous as Gaga.

PMKKARDASHiAN

BR didn't go #1 in US, neither did Telephone and neither did Alejandro. So commercial success really doesn't factor. It's that she was spot in with everything she did. It was new and breathtaking and moving. She had to power to touch anything and make it gold, but instead of turning out basic hits for the sake of it, she released timeless, classic, well rounded music, videos, performances and so on.

BTW had more "commercial success" than TFM and we see how that did wonders for her...

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived