ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Am I the only one who thinks EDM is already starting to sound a bit dated?

I want Gaga to come up with iconic melodies and catchy hooks. I want catchy, timeless pop songs, not random trap music that's going to sound old-fashioned in two years. :coffee:

I was thinking exactly the same bit I am sure that Gaga won't make random trap music, she will use trap music elements to create timeless Pop songs as she always does! :popcorn:

i think some people forget this is an "ARTPOP discussion" thread, not a "discuss anything gaga (+whatever else)" thread. :hehe: no wonder it's almost to 800 pages.

Arturo

Does Azealia Banks count as trap? Because I like her music, and id be ok with a song or two like Azealia's songs

She's kind of like 90's hip-house

lodylody

i think some people forget this is an "ARTPOP discussion" thread, not a "discuss anything gaga (+whatever else)" thread. :hehe: no wonder it's almost to 800 pages.

I think it's natural that it goes a bit Off Topic here and then, as long as it doesn't go too far off for too long I think it's OK. :)

I hope that this album Gaga portrays freedom/feminism/etc in the way she's saying for G.U.Y. (submitting to men as a way of feminism) than the way she did in songs like Bad Kids/BTW (outright saying it). She's a creative songwriter and I want her to be clever about it. When she says it completely outright, she sparks some controversy that isn't really needed.

I also hope with Burqa, the theme is like finding security in a Burqa/finding security in being hidden, like someone said before. That sounds like it would make a better song than "TAKE YOUR BURQAS OFF BITCHES!!!!" or something like that. The finding comfort/security thing would also spark less controversy too.

The whole atmosphere surrounding the title Burqa intrigues me. I like the idea of having a Middle Eastern influenced EDM beat for the song, but I do not like the idea of unnecessary controversy again like Judas, especially if she chooses Burqa as the lead and the lyrics are negative to wearing Burqas.

Antoni

I'm beginning to believe this insider. I love the idea of a song called Harpy. But from the lyrics he's posted, we'll be hearing "snatch your weave" multiple times on ARTPOP. So maybe not real.

http://iamtheharpy.tumblr.com/

(I know you've all already seen his profile, but he's updated A LOT).

Also, sign of being fake: He now says there is a new single cover for Burqa and the one he leaked is no longer being used.

My name isn't Timmers

BadHeavyMetalQueen

Be prepared until April, my bets are on March now... Late March though.

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN MID-MARCH I'M SO HYPED

Edited by BadHeavyMetalQueen

Alien Tulip

This woman knows we all are dying and she posts a SELFIE! ugh

why did she post a selfie on lm.com that she posted on instagram a couple days ago?

Pure Adrenaline

when I listen to some trap....basicly Rihanna's song Cockiness is a trap...right.....about the trap i don't know how to feel about it I mean If Gaga manages to make it EDM mixed with trap that yeah

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Brainiac

This woman knows we all are dying and she posts a SELFIE! ugh

plus that was from like a week ago. don't know why it was only posted to LM.com today

Slayer

I was thinking exactly the same bit I am sure that Gaga won't make random trap music, she will use trap music elements to create timeless Pop songs as she always does! :popcorn:

That's probably true. Before BTW, when she was saying it was heavily inspired by heavy metal and rock, I was fearing it would sound like those genres. But as it turned out, there was very little of that, and the songs were very pop.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

HeavyPunkLover

Heavy metal lover songs all the way

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"