💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Radio Radio

interesting, i agree with sheisse, teog and heavy metal lover ! i also think born this way was the perfect first single with the perfect video. i think what killed the album success slop was the release of you and i internationally, she should release sheisse right after the edge of glory or even americano. and i will never understand why marry the night don't make the expected success in overall cause in some places it works well. but this is past, i can't wait to see how interscope will take care of ARTPOP, i think they learn from btw

i cant give you an order in which they'd be released or which ones exactly. i just think if i were her/her label these are the only ones i would've considered as options to be released as singles:

sheisse, the edge of glory, government hooker, heavy metal lover, americano, marry the night

i also think it could'be been more successful or more interesting had she released you and i as a country single only in the u.s. (kind of how artists like rihanna or beyonce release urban-radio only singles)

i hope with ARTPOP that they're smarter in choosing singles

Introvert

interesting, i agree with sheisse, teog and heavy metal lover ! i also think born this way was the perfect first single with the perfect video. i think what killed the album success slop was the release of you and i internationally, she should release sheisse right after the edge of glory or even americano. and i will never understand why marry the night don't make the expected success in overall cause in some places it works well. but this is past, i can't wait to see how interscope will take care of ARTPOP, i think they learn from btw

i understand why some people sort of lost faith in her/the label's judgement after btw. but they probably learn new **** with every album and single release, etc. where shes been with ARTPOPs formulation and where she was during born this ways formulation are two very different places. i dont expect a rehash of last era in terms of decision making and if there are negative parallels then that will be a tiresome shame lol

Edited by Introvert

Radio Radio

and the worst thing in that is the fact that i'm pretty sure they will make same decissions. anyway we'll see

i understand why some people sort of lost faith in her/the label's judgement after btw. but they probably learn new **** with every album and single release, etc. where shes been with ARTPOPs formulation and where she was during born this ways forumlation are two very different places. i dont expect a rehash of last era in terms of decision making and if there are negative parallels then that will be a tiresome shame lol

Introvert

and the worst thing in that is the fact that i'm pretty sure they will make same decissions. anyway we'll see

how do you mean

Radio Radio

sorry it's true my sentance lacks of syntax lol i mean i'm sure interscope will make their possible to make the more money they can despite all artist/fan intention, and often house production think they spot the goal but at the final is more the reverse but in a other way if it was only the artist who choose the singles i don't think it will get better scores cause an artist perception is all about self emotion and the connection with the songs and it's not because an artist feel it that the public with feel it too. i think they should make tries with some people like humorist do and evaluated their reactions

how do you mean

Edited by Pyromane

Doogi

What if by "ARTPOP 2013" Gaga actually meant that she would release it until this thread had 2013 pages? :derpga:

We've already discussed this possibility :lolgaga: :lolgaga:

Edited by Doogi
I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

msquare91

HEY. What about the BTWB documentary with Terry Richardson? How the heck is that going to fit into all this? Will she release it before the album? After? As a promotional tool right when the album is coming out? It's a bit odd because it's supposedly all about the BTW Ball, but if she releases it during ARTPOP, it kind of drags us backward. Also, do you all think it will be released in theaters, or only on HBO/DVD, like the Monster Ball? (Or even just digitally, via LM.com?) And could the plans for the documentary have changed, and now it might include part of the production process for ARTPOP, making it more relevant for the next era?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLrmvPE0tQ

If you think any of that music will be like anything on ARTPOP, u iz crai gurl

Well, I think it's a possibility, I believe every Mugler (womenswear) show Nicola's been part of has debuted with music from Gaga. The part at 0:51 is extremely Gaga, reminds me of the way the sounds are layered in Bad Romance.

This kind of mix would fit the more... shall we say "urban" vibe she has given us recently. It would be an absolutely amazing background for Azealia Banks' style of rap for example, something halfway between a straight up spoken rap and like the musical flow of the Beyonce bridge in Telephone.

Layer that with Gaga singing parts of the rap as an accent in the background -either high-pitched or the way she sings with her angry grunting voice- and you'd get a pretty ratchet song!  :derpga:

Jenniferella

HEY. What about the BTWB documentary with Terry Richardson? How the heck is that going to fit into all this? Will she release it before the album? After? As a promotional tool right when the album is coming out? It's a bit odd because it's supposedly all about the BTW Ball, but if she releases it during ARTPOP, it kind of drags us backward. Also, do you all think it will be released in theaters, or only on HBO/DVD, like the Monster Ball? (Or even just digitally, via LM.com?) And could the plans for the documentary have changed, and now it might include part of the production process for ARTPOP, making it more relevant for the next era?

I think it will be released with the BTWB DVD

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

melodichard

I wonder what kind of release the documentary will get. Theatrical? It will surely blow Rihanna's and Katy's documentaries out of the water!

Unicorn De Milo

I wonder what kind of release the documentary will get. Theatrical? It will surely blow Rihanna's and Katy's documentaries out of the water!

I hope it's a documentary of how she recorded ARTPOP kinda of like Beyonce's the year of 4 :ray:

You can't stop mistakes from happening, each era will have some mistakes, some eras more then others. All Gaga and her team do its make sure they learn from past mistakes and don't repeat them. I hope that ARTPOP is as amazing as Gaga is hyping it up to be, and that they plan everything carefully and make sure the singles have longevity.

The Stranger

This, especially towards the end of an era.

You can't stop mistakes from happening, each era will have some mistakes, some eras more then others. All Gaga and her team do its make sure they learn from past mistakes and don't repeat them. I hope that ARTPOP is as amazing as Gaga is hyping it up to be, and that they plan everything carefully and make sure the singles have longevity.