Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Reason why 'rappers don't want to collaborate with Gaga'?

MaybeKermit

Featured Posts

Vernier

She could be talking about any rapper, considering how homophobic hip-hop culture is in general.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

I don't know if you should work with Lady Gaga, 'cause she's got like gay fans,...Maybe that won't be a good look for u'...'

What are asking? She gave us the reason. 

I don't think it would be Kanye, I don't see Jay-Z telling him not to collaborate with Gaga because of the gay fans, and I don't think he's in any other 'cliques'. :shrug: 

:)

Alcina Dimitrescu

That was a rumor, wasn't it   :huh:

What about Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe?

He did it with gaga but he didn't release it

Partynauseous isnt a rumour. BDKMB is released but "Gaga" vocals are edited beyond recognition (so afaik, the "Gaga" vocals on the actual album may be even Kendrick's) and it's not labeled a feature nor she is mentioned. DJWSvision leaked the actual demo with proper Gaga vocals

That was a rumor, wasn't it   :huh:

What about Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe?

He did it with gaga but he didn't release it

It wasn't a rumor. Gaga announced it but then it got cancelled. It was supposed to premiere on Sept 6th 2012.

Cameron1012

While hip-hop is quite homophobic, I think it more so has to do with her voice. Although I loved her on Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe and chillin, her voice doesn't have the certain quality that fits seamlessly with hip hop tracks or hardcore r&b, Her voice is too unique sounding, and usually rappers need that typical female voice like dido, or some gospel sounding singer

her allegations are plausible, but for her case im pretty sure its more her than the homophobia

elijahfan

Partynauseous isnt a rumour. BDKMB is released but "Gaga" vocals are edited beyond recognition (so afaik, the "Gaga" vocals on the actual album may be even Kendrick's) and it's not labeled a feature nor she is mentioned. DJWSvision leaked the actual demo with proper Gaga vocals

Gaga's vocals aren't edited beyond recognition: they basically replaced her with someone else on the studio track! A vocalist named Anna Wise, and who's also featured on the track "Real" off of Kendrick's album.

In the end, Gaga is totally absent from his album.

TrueWillis

I'm sure Kendrick was one of the rappers she was talking about. I mean PARTYNAUSEOUS was supposed to be the second single from Kendrick's album, but then got scrapped. 

YES, that might be the reason why they cancelled Fame Kills

They cancelled Fame Kills because of what happened at the 2009 VMA's

La Primavera

They cancelled Fame Kills because of what happened at the 2009 VMA's

Oh yes I remember that :smh: Poor Taylor tbh :smh:

Tbh its probs more about her being extremely mainstream/pop. And with Kendrick, the collab they did was on his debut album. Thus he probably wanted the focus to be largely on him, and not have some huge pop star featured. jus my two cents

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived