💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Can someone explain me what is a 'gay' song?

Pain of fame1

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

lol trying to imagine a straight guy sining MANiCURE

I can sing you if you want.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well donatella is obvs a more gay song lyric vise and everything 

but whats making it "less gay" is that hard electronic music its like the hardest song next to swine she ever made 

so yeah but in countrys where english is not the main language lyrics dont matter for the general public 

I'm straight and I sing MANiCURE from the perspective of a man talking to a woman. The lyrics could go either way. Gay song just means it's a song that probably gay guys and woman like more. Donatella is kind of an exception too because it's all ironic and satire, so I sing it from that perspective. Neither of these are as awkward as Boys Boys Boys or Aura tbh.

lol trying to imagine a straight guy sining MANiCURE

I just change the word chick to guy in the second verse and it's from a man's point of view before going out with a woman. :lana:

Pain of fame1

I'm straight and I sing MANiCURE from the perspective of a man talking to a woman. The lyrics could go either way. Gay song just means it's a song that probably gay guys and woman like more. Donatella is kind of an exception too because it's all ironic and satire, so I sing it from that perspective. Neither of these are as awkward as Boys Boys Boys or Aura tbh.

I just change the word chick to guy in the second verse and it's from a man's point of view before going out with a

why is aura awkward?

HORRORHOLIC

I mean, lots of people say that Donatella and MANiCURE are Gay songs, but i don't understand what makes them gay, can someone explain me?

thanks

I honestly don't get it. I mean a song like MANiCURE is being sung by a woman about a men, how is that gay ? If a song was about two guys being in love, banging each other etc... than I could see how it could be called a gay song. Even than that doesn't mean a straight guy couldn't like the song for the music. Someone doesn't have  to relate to a songs lyrics to enjoy the music. 

What about when girls like songs by male musicians that are singing  about banging girls ? Someone mentioned Boys, Boys Boys, so what about the song Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue ? is that a lesbian song ? 

why is aura awkward?

"I'm a woman of choice, my vail is protection for the gorgeousness of my face. You want to pity me because I was arranged one man to love, but in the bedroom the size of him's more than enough."

Also G.U.Y is awkward for straight guys.

HORRORHOLIC

So is it awkward when a woman sings along to a song like Girls, Girs, Girls ?  Look at all the concerts featuring bands who sing about their dick and banging girls, half the crowd is usually girls and they are all singing along and it doesn't seem awkward at all. Just because someone is singing along to a song doesn't mean it's about them and there shouldn't be a double standard. When I sing along to a song like I Love The Dead by Alice Cooper does that mean I actually wanna **** a corpse ? 

TheOriginalOne

I just usually change the lyrics to match my situation and then I'm okay. I don't see why it's a big deal.

ItsTommyBitch

Singing along to whatever gender shouldn't even be necessary... if all people were not afraid of peoples ridiculous opinions of them and secure in their s-xuality...

Gaga usually speaks from a female perspective, so in that sense, any straight guy who ever wants to sing along to her songs needs to change all of the gender pronouns.... Right? No. U dont have to do anything lol, just sing a song if your passionate enough ^_^

I just sing the original lyrics, and feel no shame. .

But by a "gay song" It literally just means a song that Gay people embrace more openly. 

Im thinking of this in an American perspective....

An open gay man is more likely to go around screaming "Im blonde, im rich... and im a little bit of a b---h" or "Slip your high heels on" in public than a straight guy. I'd definitely sing Donatella or MANiCURE in public, I sing them in my house already :3

I mean, if someone calls me gay, im going to embrace it, because it says more about them that they feel the need to label or try to put me down for something as basic as singing a song... (but i am gay, lol, so i wont deny that)

This stereotype applies to a lot of people tbh.  :manicure:

Theres nothing necessarily wrong with that. And if a straight guy wants to go around singing something that society would consider "gay" Then all the power to him for not caring about societies ****ty judgments of people :D

:party:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

codymonster

"Want you in my rear window, baby you're sick."

That's sounds pretty "gay" to me, but it smashed.

/thread. This whole idea of "gay" songs is ridiculous.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived