💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

If Gaga doesn't sing at the Grammy's...

Rainbow Unicorn

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, but you've said that "she's the one who's having the problems" which you've implied as the reason behind ARTPOP's predicament, chart-wise. If anything, didn't she listen enough to the fans' wish list as a way to appease this fanbase in any way possible, excluding the music video release? If she can't possibly "admit her wrongs" or at least didn't try to address it, there wouldn't be these things we've heard (the remixes), seen (the performances), and read (the LM.com posts and tweets) in the past few months regarding her and her works.  :shrug:

I wasn't referring to Gaga on the charts at all. :huh: 

It is what it is with her even if the music is top-notch. Good music doesn't always translate to good charting-placement. I was talking about the era as a whole in terms of organization and proper schedule planning. It feels like she's doing things on a whim, in my opinion. When I said she was trying to save face, I was actually thinking about her LM posts, too. While the comments/posts from her account were coming from a good and genuine place, I couldn't help but think she was partially blaming most of the ARTPOP fiasco on her former manager. That's what I meant by I felt like she was being "stubborn" and finding a way to make it seem like it wasn't fully her fault but mostly Troys, I guess. 

Whispering

I said she's stubborn in the sense that she can't possibly admit her wrongs at times.. when she does something and it doesn't necessarily work out in her favor, she might try to save face. I was not referring to her performances for 'Do What U Want' for that matter. This is just my observation of her regarding the past month and a half.  :shrug:

Who does? Most people don't 100% of the time and they don't right away, if they do.

On top of that, most of these "wrongs" are artistic choices. They may not turn out exactly like a bunch of fans (who aren't creating a single note, dance step or visual of any of this project) want them to turn out, but that doesn't mean Gaga wasn't happy with the decision. Her goals may be different, depending on the circumstances and timing, than what you are expecting or wanting at that time.

She may not be "admitting her wrongs", because she doesn't think it was wrong.

Who does? Most people don't 100% of the time and they don't right away, if they do.

On top of that, most of these "wrongs" are artistic choices. They may not turn out exactly like a bunch of fans (who aren't creating a single note, dance step or visual of any of this project) want them to turn out, but that doesn't mean Gaga wasn't happy with the decision. Her goals may be different, depending on the circumstances and timing, than what you are expecting or wanting at that time.

She may not be "admitting her wrongs", because she doesn't think it was wrong.

Just spilling my own observations through the world wide web.  :shrug:

I could do without the rudeness towards Gaga but y'know, you have your opinion. I am enjoying this era even with the hiccups. Y'all act like the last time we saw her was 18 years ago. December was LITERALLY 17 days ago...

Finally someone with some sense and self control left.

Everyone needs to chill and live their own lives for a minute. The Promo will come when it comes. And if all this means that the era is over well... Oh well :smh:

I wasn't referring to Gaga on the charts at all. :huh:

It is what it is with her even if the music is top-notch. Good music doesn't always translate to good charting-placement. I was talking about the era as a whole in terms of organization and proper schedule planning. It feels like she's doing things on a whim, in my opinion. When I said she was trying to save face, I was actually thinking about her LM posts, too. While the comments/posts from her account were coming from a good and genuine place, I couldn't help but think she was partially blaming most of the ARTPOP fiasco on her former manager. That's what I meant by I felt like she was being "stubborn" and finding a way to make it seem like it wasn't fully her fault but mostly Troys, I guess. 

Isn't this thread mainly about sales, hence the need, err want for more promo? And you've replied to a post which is related to charts and sales. "Losing the GP and the fans which could be damaging to one's career" is pretty much a chart-related statement. My bad if I misinterpreted your statement due to this. 

But anyway, with regards to "proper schedule planning", I think we've agreed to disagree. The promo schedule she had for DWUW so far is reminding me of MTN - both having great promo spots but they just couldn't boost the song at all to a level which we've hoped for. And I also don't understand why a client, in this case, Gaga, shouldn't at least partly blame her manager for the career downturns. I find it natural and this kind of client/manager issues not limited to Gaga, which in return makes it a non-issue to me. But as you've said, that's your observation and I respect that.   

Whispering

The strangest part of it all is that....an artist of her caliber & magnitude, who is supposedly in a somewhat active album cycle, won't be performing at the GRAMMYs. 

There's nothing strange about that at all. Gaga wasn't nominated for anything, so she wasn't asked to perform. That's how it works every year.  Unless you are a legend coming back to perform in a group or duet (the Grammys loves to do this) or there is a special circumstance, the Grammys don't invite non-nominated artists to perform. The special circumstances and exceptions being JT, after a 7 year hiatus and Beyonce, as the only woman to make a significant impact on the US album chart this past year.

Smooth Criminal

There's nothing strange about that at all. Gaga wasn't nominated for anything, so she wasn't asked to perform. That's how it works every year.  Unless you are a legend coming back to perform in a group or duet (the Grammys loves to do this) or there is a special circumstance, the Grammys don't invite non-nominated artists to perform. The special circumstances and exceptions being JT, after a 7 year hiatus and Beyonce, as the only woman to make a significant impact on the US album chart this past year.

No, just NO! :fail:

Jewels n Drugs

I agree so much with you. She does nothing to promote the album.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

The last sentence is so true!

The album is amazing, the songs are great, even single choices are great and yet, it is not living up to Gaga standards or any standards for a pop star right now really.... That's sad

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived