💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's open dialog on LM.com

tiffa

Featured Posts

A lot of fans have expressed their distaste for Gaga's recent activity on littlemonsters.com. It is being said that her "Goddess of Love" persona is too contrived or "annoying," and others feel that Promoting Online Kindness is unrealistic. Along with these concerns, fans feel that she is too open (particularly about depression), is allowing certain topics on the internet get under her skin and that she's being unfair about her opinion on critics. People feel they should be able to express themselves openly and that those with opposing opinions are being silenced.

In retrospect, I think Gaga's genuine efforts are being overlooked. People aren't looking at the larger picture. 

Promoting Online Kindness is not unrealistic. It starts small, within the community, and can encourage others to follow the same lead. It's as simple as talking TO someone, as opposed to talking AT them. These are simple and minor examples of changes that we can make when communicating with people online. It's not a "GODLY" expectation that is unfathomable. I feel that people are taking this "Promote Online Kindness" movement the wrong way; they feel they have to be fake, express their opinions lightly and keep quiet regarding sensitive or opposing topics. This isn't so.

Fans hate that Gaga is talking about depression and speaking to fans who are suffering with depression. Personally, I feel this is a great thing; LittleMonsters.com was created specifically to connect fans from around the world and make it easier for Lady Gaga to communicate with her fans. She is utilizing this tool to the best of her ability. It's understandable that she cannot please everyone, but it's unfair to say that fans should stop making "depressing" posts. I feel LittleMonsters.com is a great way for people to reach out for help, support and love. A lot of people do not get this in real life and/or at home. It also isn't fair to assume that everyone is doing it for attention. While that may be so, there are a lot of people out there who do need help and support, and if we assume that everyone is faking it, no one will get the help that they deserve.

It's also understandable that fans may feel that their posts are purposely "skipped" or ignored because Gaga tends to communicate with certain fans more regularly than others. I skimmed through her "like" area on her profile and I do not see this as a common habit. She comments on a lot of posts and likes even more, and these are posts from Monsters who aren't widely known among the fan base. It's also sort of "normal" to feel jealous or upset when something isn't recognized, but there are so many fans and posts are made within minutes of one another. it's impossible to see them all.

I also see that some posts get 1k+ likes for seemingly nothing, while the more important posts are left with 20 likes at most. This isn't Gaga's fault, though. 

Devil's Advocate: I understand that Gaga attracts people who are seemingly unhinged, severely mentally unstable and very insecure. These fans reach out for help after seeing Gaga responding to multiple inquiries regarding the same subject and their post is "ignored," they will blame Gaga. While this isn't directly Gaga's fault, it can be dangerous.

So tell me, what is it that you dislike (other than her grammar)?

Please like my post: https://littlemonsters.com/post/52d9640c32f3199e078b4ccd

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
homomo

Some people are simply lazy and don't want to contribute to online kindness, because they don't have enough heart or energy to care.

I think anything is possible, as long as there is a motivation to succeed, then anything can be accomplished.

And on the other hand, people should be happy for Gaga being who she wants to be, because she is finally BEING who she wants; not who her label or certain workers wanted her to be. #GoddessOfLoveOnTheLoose <3

Chromatislaps

Goddess Of Love.....anyone not familiar with the song Venus, might see it as a bit a self indulgent act. However her intentions behind it are genuine. No matter what she may face, Love always wins in the end. So I think she is sticking to the right path :)

Batwings

I think it's just human nature, honestly. It's easy to nitpick and criticize, and the fact that it's become cool/trendy/funny for some people doesn't really help matters.

XoXoJoanneGaga

people are frustrated because the era has been a disaster, no one would care about her "spreading kindness" in her free time if the era was simultaneously doing well. Right now she's taking time to plan and reboot the era, if she comes back strong and gets the era underway like it was supposed to, people will be satisfied

Zach Monster

And on the other hand, people should be happy for Gaga being who she wants to be, because she is finally BEING who she wants; not who her label or certain workers wanted her to be. #GoddessOfLoveOnTheLoose <3

I think the fans are just unhappy because she's not being who they want her to be, which I think is a little ridiculous. They need to understand that Gaga wants to do things that will make her fans happy, but she doesn't want to give in to their every need.

Vernier

At least when some fans inevitably end up being twats in future, no one will say she didn't try :shrug:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

I think the fans are just unhappy because she's not being who they want her to be, which I think is a little rediculous. They need to understand that Gaga wants to do things that will make her fans happy, but she doesn't want to give in to their every need.

I agree - this is the way it's always been in this fan base. I think it's so unhealthy to have expectations about a person and get bent out of shape when your expectations aren't met. If anything is unrealistic about any of this, it's this. 

Personally, I feel her recent communications on LM.com is her way of giving back. 

Reading too much of what the fans/internet are saying is negatively affecting her artistry and personality IMO.

Also in the beginning, Gaga acted like she had this cool, strong, classy, distant, mysterious, smart personality who was above-it-all and seemed unbothered by hate or anything and just did her thing and didn't feel the need to justify anything or make excuses, and she acted like she knew exactly how pop culture and fame worked. 

But her posts on LM.com and her twitter rants are literally the complete opposite of the above and make her come across as very naive and whiny and anything but smart (for example the silly 'you can only critic a dance if you are a dancer yourself' a--logy), or classy (when she told her fans to buy multiple copies of Applause for example), and the woe-is-me attitude is offputting, so was the silly real fan thing and constantly aknowledging the 'negativity', etc. I could go on

It's easy for stans who were only here since BTW to dismiss this, but for stans who were here since TF or TFM, it's really sad to see how her personality and mentality has regressed like that. I guess that's why people hate that site (and her twitter these days).

"Promoting Online Kindness is not unrealistic. It starts small, within the community, and can encourage others to follow the same lead. It's as simple as talking TO someone, as opposed to talking AT them. These are simple and minor examples of changes that we can make when communicating with people online. It's not a "GODLY" expectation that is unfathomable. I feel that people are taking this "Promote Online Kindness" movement the wrong way; they feel they have to be fake, express their opinions lightly and keep quiet regarding sensitive or opposing topics. This isn't so."

I disagree with this part, and I think a lot of the problems with the Online Kindness thing are that it's focus is so specific and sensitive.There is so much scrutiny placed upon tiny nuances of peoples language that I think it holds people to an unreasonable standard.

gaga.jpg

The screenshot in the spoiler is an example of what I find to be an overreaction in this whole "online kindness" situation. Having the username "*insert artist here*slays" is simply a way that fans show their support for an artist they really connect with. I think ARTPOP slays, I think Pure Heroine slays, I think Beyonce slays and I think a lot of recent releases slay. This is the sort of colloquial language that people use now and to criticise someone for expressing their opinions in a relatively crude, yet harmless, way is being over sensitive imo.

People won't express themselves and their opinions in the most eloquent way possible in every situation. When I hear someone in real life say something like "Ehh I don't like Lady Gaga, her music sucks" I don't get super offended and tell them to correct the way they are talking, I acknowledge that they have different tastes and obviously don't like her music. There comes a point where you need to accept that everyone is negative and has a negative opinion on something, so there is no reason to get upset when you see these negative opinions being expressed.

I agree with you on your points on LM.com though. Even she needs to vent somewhere, she is only human.

Zach Monster

I agree - this is the way it's always been in this fan base. I think it's so unhealthy to have expectations about a person and get bent out of shape when your expectations aren't met. If anything is unrealistic about any of this, it's this. 

Personally, I feel her recent communications on LM.com is her way of giving back.

The worst thing about them being unsatisfied with her music is the "She needs to do this. She should do that. If she was doing this," posts. I don't want her to think she "needs" to do things to keep her fans. I really want to see what it is she thinks she needs to do.

LORD GAGA

Some people are simply lazy and don't want to contribute to online kindness, because they don't have enough heart or energy to care.

THIS. SIMPLY THIS.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived