Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Why I think Aura would have been a perfect lead single!

PrinceCAKE

Featured Posts

Fashion! is the Papa/Tele continuation, it'll be the next single go #1 for 5 weeks in a row, fall to #2, then a remix with Britney will be released and the mv with Brit released a week later and go back to #1 for the rest of the year and become the biggest selling song ever :legend:

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how it would have been as Leadsingle, but Aura was the only song that really blew me away, it's suxx it leaked so much earlier, cause who knows, maybe it was supposed to be the Leadsingle but they had to change it.

Pain of fame1

It is! I hate how ppl assume nowadays that it is MANiCURE :toofunny:

Honestly imagine if it went Paparazzi/Telephone then have Americano as a prequel and do Aura as the finale :gaga:

IT IS MANiCURE:)

Pain of fame1

Same here.

If MANiCURE is the continuation I'd be so disappointed . But hey everything is possible, like katy perry cannot sing and she is a popular singer lol

this

With Born This Way, I assumed it was Americano (it would have been awesome, I think), but then it never came to fruition. Then I think when she said the continuation would be on ARTPOP, and Aura leaked, it was the red herring. It's a good song, and is possible as the continuation, but looking at all the songs at iTunes Festival (which she said it was performed), I think that MANiCURE is a possibility that can't be ignored. I have been one of the ones pushing that song so hard on the boards for the continuation. 

Most people assume Aura just because it starts with "killing" in the lyrics. But MANiCURE does talk about killing a man, and being cured of men; it would work well. It even has a breakdown for a big dance scene, much like the Telephone video. It may be very commercial, but it would do well on the radio because it is so tame, yet fun. It's catchy, and just a fun song that people can jam to in their cars. If she waits and releases it in the spring like Telephone, it could be a big spring/summer hit. 

Aura is still good, but I think it is too obvious for the continuation. It could work too, but I don't think the intro is intended for a continuation, but as a way of saying Gaga killed her former self, and is reborn in ARTPOP (as most people want those lines to be her killing Beyonce in the video). Gaga doesn't write the song for the video. 

THIS.

Psychedelic

No other song in ARTPOP could've made a better 1st single than VENUS tbqfh!

But any other is beter than the actual one (Applause), so even Aura would have been better!

Sorry guise but Aura was for me (at first) a huge turn off. Especially the intro. Its a song that really needs to grow on you, I didn't like it till I had heard it 8 or so times. Also the lyrics are wonky and likely wouldn't go over in the US well. 

If anything this song feels anti mainstream.

It would flop on the radio, I don't believe for a second that the GP would go and buy the single if it were to become one. 

*shakes head* i know you love this song, and you may consider it a 'good' single, but its not likely to be a successful single.

As for MANiCURE, I liked that song because it felt really formulated and has that generic hit quality like KP's music. It feels quite generic and simple, for rock at least. I mean it would probably do okay, its a rock sound thats familiar. I don't think it would be good for the album though, its boring how stylistically similar it is to many rock songs. I got a lot of joan jett vibes from it. It is by far the 'safest' songs for a single, which would feel underwhelming.

Honestly though if I had to choose, over MANiCURE or Aura I'd choose Aura because its original and creative, even though it wouldn't do well with the GP. Praps I just don't want ARTPOP to be represented by MANiCURE as a single. 

Overall though, neither would be in my top 4 single choices. 

Gaga comes back with a BANG literally with Aura which serves as the sequel to Telephone this making it skyrocket to the top of the charts! I mean the hype, the complextro beat would have been innovative, the video which I think would be release the same day ala original Applause plan. I do think Applause would be a great second single since it is a definite sleeper hit and both the songs serve as great prologues to ARTPOP and then she could have done Do What U Want remix with Xtina right after The Voice finale and we would have all three videos :cryga:

It's MANiCURE

FFXSoul91

I honestly think it should have at least been officially released somehow when it leaked in the summer. Then it could have been a potential "first single" and if it did poorly, the label could have just declared it a "promo single" and then released something else later.

Agreed with everything, except the last bit. Most of the people I've listened to it with thought it was, and I'm quoting, fantastic. Go figure.

IDK, I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of people I know who don't really like things that are too far out of the box.  The switch off at the weird maniacal laughter in the beginning. :hehe:

I really do not like Aura. I honestly do not think that it would have started the album off well if it was the first single promoted. I think it would have performed close to how Judas performed as a single.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Same here.

If MANiCURE is the continuation I'd be so disappointed . But hey everything is possible, like katy perry cannot sing and she is a popular singer lol

Oh god don't remind me of MANiCURE :ohno:

The last week I listened to it sometimes and now I like it, but the other songs are so much better....

I agree with you, I'm not here for MANiCURE as a single.

But I feel like Interscope would totally pick it as a single...

#Justice4Aura

drinkmytears

Aura could've been released early July 

Applause premiere at the VMAs

Do What U Want late October 

Gyspy at the Grammys 

Venus right before the tour 

but no

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived