Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Supernatural S15: The Final Season

Bye

Featured Posts

Miel

This week's episode was an amazing episode; the best in a while, imo! At first I was really skeptical with the whole plot, but it turned out really well. Jody Mills is one of my favorite characters on the show now.

As a whole, however... I'm just not feeling season 9 at all.

3 points in and ready for more

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cas Winchester

Dean is a demon now. I'm not surprised. :emma:

Does this mean he has no soul now? I haven't kept up with this season anymore lol but I caught some of the season finale. :emma: I don't think I'll watch 10 but you never know.

I'll never forget the greatness of seasons 1-5 :legend:

Killing Abaddon early was cheap, another female character bites the dust while metatron loves :awkney:

Dean becoming a demon was predictable but I still have no qualms about the finale. Just like all supernatural finales it was top notch, they should use the same quality production and writing and acting for more episodes during the season. I really believe supernatural would benefit from a 12 episode season instead of 22-24.

Sam and Dean moments just before he died were amazing. I've finally convinced myself to stop going to the imdb boards because they still hate Sam and say he wanted to save Dean for himself but he's really a narcissist who doesn't love Dean :awkney: messy asshole fans.

Dean is a demon now. I'm not surprised. :emma:

Does this mean he has no soul now? I haven't kept up with this season anymore lol but I caught some of the season finale. :emma: I don't think I'll watch 10 but you never know.

I'll never forget the greatness of seasons 1-5 :legend:

Demons do have souls I think, they're just corrupted as evident by abaddons plan to capture souls in a jar and corrupt them quicker than if they went through the same process in hell.

Season 9 was great you should keep watching, they can only be 1 or 2 seasons away from the grand finale.

Besides, Castiel is gonna be a season regular next season.

Miel

To be completely honest, season 9 turned me off real bad. They pulled an Eve with Abaddon, and that just made me really really angry.

There were some jems here and there, but I'm not sure if I want to watch season 10. Hopefully my interest will be piqued, but this season was the roughest in a long long time.

And yeah, I'm probably gonna be forever bitter about Abaddon. The writers ****ed up.

3 points in and ready for more

• 2 years later...
Rudz Xinc

I've given up on the show since Dean turned into a demon at the end of the season

Can't remember which season was that

Look at those clowns

12 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

I've given up on the show since Dean turned into a demon at the end of the season

Can't remember which season was that

Season 9 finale, I believe. Season 10 and 11 were the best seasons since season 5. It has gotten much better. Looking forward to Season 12 starting next month :party: 

17 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I wish I saw this thread sooner :giveup:

You saw it just in time for Season 12 next month :classy: 

DeanWinchester
Just now, Biotic said:

Season 9 finale, I believe. Season 10 and 11 were the best seasons since season 5. It has gotten much better. Looking forward to Season 12 starting next month :party: 

You saw it just in time for Season 12 next month :classy: 

If only I was still watching :toofunny:

I'm not buying the premise of Season 12

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Just now, A Gaga Lad said:

If only I was still watching :toofunny:

I'm not buying the premise of Season 12

For once I did not even check anything regarding the upcoming season because the internet ruins it for me with people complaining that it should have ended with season 5 and how the showrunners hate Dean or some other stupid nonsense.

Where did you stop watching?

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Biotic said:

how the showrunners hate Dean

what fresh hell is this?

Where did you stop watching?

11 :emma:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

4 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

what fresh hell is this?

11 :emma:

It's mostly posters iMDB message boards. A complete mess. They think the showrunners prefer Sam and therefore Dean is always left in the shadows. They also say Sam is evil and that he never apologises to Dean. They hate on the show but they keep watching. Basically they're nuts! 

So now I'm not following any SPN news online and will just be surprised with the new season.

did you like 11? Because it was quite good :) and if you did might as well give 12 a try :) 

DeanWinchester
Just now, Biotic said:

They hate on the show but they keep watching. Basically they're nuts! 

Well I dont hate the show for the same reasons but I've been collecting grievances over the years :emma:

I was even going to edit/contribute the wiki earlier today but I already fulfilled my admin duties for the month so :emma:

did you like 11? Because it was quite good :) and if you did might as well give 12 a try :)

Honestly, I liked that they finally introduced something new--the Darkness. I just wished they went directly to her arc after the Leviathans. And I wished they didn't retcon heavily established lore that retroactively makes the old eras (especially Kirpke's original era) muddled. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to ruin it for you if you legitimately enjoy it a lot still. But if you really want to know, just ask. But don't say I didn't give a heads up :toofunny:

I'll probably wait until half the season and give it a try if it looks interesting.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Just now, A Gaga Lad said:

Well I dont hate the show for the same reasons but I've been collecting grievances over the years :emma:

I was even going to edit/contribute the wiki earlier today but I already fulfilled my admin duties for the month so :emma:

Honestly, I liked that they finally introduced something new--the Darkness. I just wished they went directly to her arc after the Leviathans. And I wished they didn't retcon heavily established lore that retroactively makes the old eras (especially Kirpke's original era) muddled. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to ruin it for you if you legitimately enjoy it a lot still. But if you really want to know, just ask. But don't say I didn't give a heads up :toofunny:

I'll probably wait until half the season and give it a try if it looks interesting.

Nah, don't worry, I don't like the retconning either. And I hate how demons were this big mysterious and difficult to vanquish things and now they're guys in suit a good fighter can kill in a couple of seconds.

And unlike other fans, I hate Casifer (Misha just imitated Mark Pellegrino but Mark wasn't even acting like that in Season 5). And I still can't get over the guys not killing Crowley (he's a demon who enjoys hurting humanity!!!!). And since when are angels lawyer-like? They used to speak in high-pitched voices that would kill humans.

Everything is so toned down :( It reminds me of Buffy, another favourite of mine which hit its peak in Season 3 and then went downhill. But both SPN and Buffy had gems and their characters are what keeps me coming back.

So don't worry, I have a lot of issues with the show, but it's still an enjoyable 40-45 mins every week :) If they had it for just 10 episodes a season it would be much better (too many fillers although at least the fillers were good in S11).

So what retcons do you hate?

DeanWinchester

Nah, don't worry, I don't like the retconning either.

:diane: That was a relief. Most tumblrinas who came across my post don't even care to read my point, they just scream "then don't watch!!!1!"

And I hate how demons were this big mysterious and difficult to vanquish things and now they're guys in suit a good fighter can kill in a couple of seconds.

This is one of the reasons Season 8 bored me to death

7 minutes ago, Biotic said:

And I still can't get over the guys not killing Crowley (he's a demon who enjoys hurting humanity!!!!)

This. What irks me even more is that they introduced a subplot about him becoming more human alongside the introduction of a new interesting, really powerful Abaddon. I really thought they would finally shake things around but no. It's a fcking cop-out and a big "psyche!". Crowley is still the king of hell while Abaddon had to be nerfed every episode because they made her too powerful in her first appearance. So basically, what even was the point of those subplots? Carver's era was so incoherent and directionless you could remove so many smaller arcs and nothing major will have changed.

9 minutes ago, Biotic said:

It reminds me of Buffy, another favourite of mine which hit its peak in Season 3 and then went downhill. But both SPN and Buffy had gems and their characters are what keeps me coming back.

We're the opposite. I actually didn't enjoy Season 3 and enjoyed 4 to 7 the most :emma: Personally, I think Buffy became grander in scale and more epic in terms of Big Bads as they proceeded to the finale. Anyway, back to SPN

10 minutes ago, Biotic said:

So what retcons do you hate?

First and foremost--the "reapers are angels" thing. This caused so many debates and chaos in the wiki that we have never fully resolved this. Reapers were never a class of angels, and pretty much everything in Kirpke's established lore supports that. They had different sets of powers and alignment. Demons react differently to the two classes--Azazel even managed to possess Tessa, Alastair killed a reaper despite his and Lilith's claim they couldn't kill angels, and Ruby and the other demons made so much of a fuss about angels finally walking the earth after 2,000 years and then, oops. Everybody forgot reapers were on earth all along. And yeah, they are now angels, by the way. It's complete BS.

I also hate how the angels used to be represented by blinding white light in contrast to the suffocating dark smoke of demons. As of Season 9, they started using white smoke to depict angels. My answer to people saying they were depicted this way before--no. Those were their graces. Not their visages.

Angel radio sounded cool because Dean always has a way with words, but Carver made it a literal radio that demons (like Cecily) working for the government could hack into.

Amara's statement in Season 11 that Lucifer was the first son. No. Are you fcking kidding me? That throws the whole point of Seasons 1-5 with Dean and Sam parallels under the bus.

So yeah, I have gathered so many problems with the show that I'm really finding it hard to just "forget/turn my brain off" to enjoy. What makes me even more frustrated is that my complaints come from me being too dedicated and passionate to the show that I can't help but notice its mistakes, as opposed to what some people think that I'm just a blind hater without actually watching :rip:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

23 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

:diane: That was a relief. Most tumblrinas who came across my post don't even care to read my point, they just scream "then don't watch!!!1!"

This is one of the reasons Season 8 bored me to death

This. What irks me even more is that they introduced a subplot about him becoming more human alongside the introduction of a new interesting, really powerful Abaddon. I really thought they would finally shake things around but no. It's a fcking cop-out and a big "psyche!". Crowley is still the king of hell while Abaddon had to be nerfed every episode because they made her too powerful in her first appearance. So basically, what even was the point of those subplots? Carver's era was so incoherent and directionless you could remove so many smaller arcs and nothing major will have changed.

We're the opposite. I actually didn't enjoy Season 3 and enjoyed 4 to 7 the most :emma: Personally, I think Buffy became grander in scale and more epic in terms of Big Bads as they proceeded to the finale. Anyway, back to SPN

First and foremost--the "reapers are angels" thing. This caused so many debates and chaos in the wiki that we have never fully resolved this. Reapers were never a class of angels, and pretty much everything in Kirpke's established lore supports that. They had different sets of powers and alignment. Demons react differently to the two classes--Azazel even managed to possess Tessa, Alastair killed a reaper despite his and Lilith's claim they couldn't kill angels, and Ruby and the other demons made so much of a fuss about angels finally walking the earth after 2,000 years and then, oops. Everybody forgot reapers were on earth all along. And yeah, they are now angels, by the way. It's complete BS.

I also hate how the angels used to be represented by blinding white light in contrast to the suffocating dark smoke of demons. As of Season 9, they started using white smoke to depict angels. My answer to people saying they were depicted this way before--no. Those were their graces. Not their visages.

Angel radio sounded cool because Dean always has a way with words, but Carver made it a literal radio that demons (like Cecily) working for the government could hack into.

Amara's statement in Season 11 that Lucifer was the first son. No. Are you fcking kidding me? That throws the whole point of Seasons 1-5 with Dean and Sam parallels under the bus.

So yeah, I have gathered so many problems with the show that I'm really finding it hard to just "forget/turn my brain off" to enjoy. What makes me even more frustrated is that my complaints come from me being too dedicated and passionate to the show that I can't help but notice its mistakes, as opposed to what some people think that I'm just a blind hater without actually watching :rip:

Omg, I get it now :deadbanana: Especially since you contributed to the wiki (a vast well of knowledge the writers should probably take a closer look at). I get it, truly, and it's sad that they **** on pre-established lore.

The reapers are angel thing I choose to ignore COMPLETELY. It does not make sense unless they're some completely different species that are just placed under the umbrella term of Angels. And really? No fallout from killing Death who is supposed to reap God (and probably Amara) eventually?

Angels basically became demons who float in white smoke and possess others :rip: 

Angel radio is utter shite. It used to be magical and powerful. And angels were actually angelic. Now they're a sham. As are demons. Would angels and demons from S1-S5 hang around in offices or in dark cellars (for Crowley) instead of heaven and hell respectively? It is complete bonkers. 

The Men of Letters was an interesting premise but they've largely squandered it. I really though they'd learn some spells perhaps and bring back some of the mysticism that was lost due to villains in suits who text and call from their phones instead of cutting throats or appearing in blinding light.

I didn't understand the text I put in bold. :koons:

Archived