💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - Taylor's 1989 is swiftly coming for 5M+

Mills

Featured Posts

Pure Adrenaline

I was a stan at the time, but was at other music forums. I had never heard of this skypeball until a couple of months ago.

It was just something for the hysterical types to get riled up over. No one else knew about it, or cared enough to worry about it.

well Skypeball was intended for the fans ..... it was just part of their deal to stream parts of BTWBall and in return Gaga had to make thiss online 'chat' with fans. It wasn't meant for it to get big publicity or sth 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same with Ariana, but even more so! She can't even sell albums with the best promo I've seen in a while, and several top 5 hits!

Jessie J can't sell albums.

Jennifer Lopez can't sell albums. (as of lately)

Robin Thicke can't sell albums.

The list goes even further.

Just because Ariana's single/album sales are not in sync, doesn't mean that she's a failure at shifting albums.

My Everything sold 1.3M copies WW & is still in the top 20 WW & US.

Regardless of what anyone says, she doubled her previous album's sales, and that's what matters to me.

Bad Monster Kid

2 Rihanna and Kanye West and Paul McCartney - FourFiveSec... 0.8893 0.9148 0.9310 0.9337 0.9417 0.9447 0.9496 0.9684 0.9824

#3 in the next hour or two. Gonna need some more promo spots for this to hit #1. Anybody know how well it's doing w streaming?

Whispering

Jessie J can't sell albums.

Jennifer Lopez can't sell albums. (as of lately)

Robin Thicke can't sell albums.

The list goes even further.

Just because Ariana's single/album sales are not in sync, doesn't mean that she's a failure at shifting albums.

My Everything sold 1.3M copies WW & is still in the top 20 WW & US.

Regardless of what anyone says, she doubled her previous album's sales, and that's what matters to me.

Okay...if you want to group her with those artists....

Sure, you are right, Ariana is just like Jessie J, the current JLo, and Robin Thicke.

Her album sales have not doubled in the US, and that's what we were discussing. (Drake's opening US sales)

Okay...if you want to group her with those artists...

Sure, you are right, Ariana is just like Jessie J, the current JLo, and Robin Thicke.

Her album sales have not doubled in the US, and that's what we were discussing. (Drake's opening US sales)

No, i'm offering a much needed perspective, just to draw a noticable line between actual singles artists and artists who have stronger single sales than their album sales.

Jessie J, JLO & Robin Thicke all released smash singles, promoted their material on various occasions, yet failed to shift a respectful amount of albums.

You can go ahead and discuss the US while i put the rest of the world into consideration.

pinkprint #17 

Amazing album. :applause:

Americano

I was a stan at the time, but was at other music forums. I had never heard of this skypeball until a couple of months ago.

It was just something for the hysterical types to get riled up over. No one else knew about it, or cared enough to worry about it.

Give me a break. Hysterical types?

The fanbase was a ****SHOW for YEARS.

No way is she going to open with anything close to Drake. Artists like Taylor and Drake have become two of the top album sellers. Very few artists are capable of their opening numbers.

All the award's shows in the world aren't going to make Gaga, or anyone else for that matter, become another Taylor or Drake.

Become a Taylor or Drake?

Gaga used to OUTSELL both of them WITH ALBUMS. Her decline from BTW->ARTPOP etc. destroyed her album selling capability. 

Whispering

Give me a break. Hysterical types?

The fanbase was a ****SHOW for YEARS.

Hysterical types...yes. You do realize there is a whole big chunk of stans and casual fans that don't melt down into hysterics if a video is just average, right? GGD is not an accurate representation of the majority of stans and casual fans.

Bloody

Gaga used to OUTSELL both of them WITH ALBUMS. Her decline from BTW->ARTPOP etc. destroyed her album selling capability. 

the sad truth :madge:

Americano

Average :rip:

Even Gaga was crying and saying everything was a mess, don't even try to diminish how messed up things were

luckythisway

Become a Taylor or Drake?

this

CHROMATICA

Average :rip:

Even Gaga was crying and saying everything was a mess, don't even try to diminish how messed up things were

details please 

Whispering

You can go ahead and discuss the US while i put the rest of the world into consideration.

What are we discussing here? "Pulling a Drake"

Where did Drake pull these numbers with his surprise release? US

We are discussing pulling Drake like numbers in the US with a surprise release.

What are we discussing here? "Pulling a Drake"

Where did Drake pull these numbers with his surprise release? US

We are discussing pulling Drake like numbers in the US with a surprise release.

*Except if i wanted to purely talk about the US sales i would have mentioned that.

• Mills locked and unpinned this topic

Archived