• Pills n Potions
    • Anaconda
    • Bed Of Lies
    • Only

Featured Posts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicki can say what ever she wants to say about her work. If that's what she meant, that's what she meant. I'm sure Gaga would have said there was significance behind the bizarre DWUW video had it been released, and we'd have no issues with that. 

Baby Got Back is a man talking about his conquests with women who have thick asses - he's essentially objectifying women. Nicki sampled it in Anaconda to subvert the message and objectify men the way every man in hip hop seems to do to women (yet nobody's talking about that??)  

Feminism is about women being able to express their s-xuality the way men are allowed to, so your point is invalid.

Agreed. There were no s-xual innuendos in Anaconda, more so metaphors; she was just blatant about her want for a man's penis and how fat her ass is. People seem intimidated by women who sing/rap about dicks and wanting to have s-x. Suddenly everybody is conscience about music and topics when a woman brings something like this up. People don't hide their subtle (or blatant) internalized misogyny anymore.

BLACKOUTbritney

Feminist Ambassador Onika.

Please. The video was a cheap way to get attention from the lackluster lead single. If anything the song just proves that the industry objectifies women. 

Examples of women who are in charge of their s-x appeal are Madonna and Lady Gaga.

Cody Draco

Baby Got Back is a man talking about his conquests with women who have thick asses - he's essentially objectifying women. Nicki sampled it in Anaconda to subvert the message and objectify men the way every man in hip hop seems to do to women (yet nobody's talking about that??)  

Feminism is about women being able to express their s-xuality the way men are allowed to, so your point is invalid.

Spill that tea my friend. :tea:

She's objectifying men the way rappers have objectified women for years. I have no doubt that the video was meant to be pro-women. But I understand at the same time, no one is really going to get the message unless they read her message behind it. So at the end of the day, people are just going to see it as a song rapping about ass.

I hate when people try to act all complex, or act like something basic & meaningless is art.... :awkney:

u mean like ARTPOP?  :derpga:

MikeyMoonShine

The problem is that third wave feminism has been cooped by radicals. It's not about equality for women anymore it's about political agendas and enforcing group think. It baffles me how so many do not realize that criticizing a woman for expressing her s-xuality the way she wishes to is slut shaming. 

Preach. Most of what Nicki does has messages/intentions behind it.

ryhanna

I can see that but to be honest she could have been more clear about the message. As many of the responses in this thread show, the message of the video was not clearly received by the audience and was mistaken as Nicki using s-x to sell.

100% of the responses here make me so ashamed and mad.

:tea:

Y'all are saying all this "Nicki Minaj is just doing **** to get attention. But it's different with Lady Gaga, her intention is valid." WTF y'all :wtf: What makes Nicki different from Gaga? Someone answer please.

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived